+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

Riria

May 18, 2019
We got our Passport request today. YAY!!

I hope you got yours. Welcome to Canada!!

Our lawyer hasn’t sent it yet. He said he will send it on Monday when he comes in to work. What does your line 6 say now?

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
I received Pre arrival Service from LA visa office What does that mean?
Sounds like you are at the same stage that Riria and Sair1 were at on Sep 18, in which case you theoretically should get Passport Request in about 3 weeks.

There are some cases I've seen in other threads where people receive pre arrival services but don't receive any further decision or action for months, but hopefully your case follows the trend of the most recent cases at the LA Visa Office, in which case decision made and PPR should be coming up for you in the next month. Keep us updated! :)

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to update everyone my husband received both passport request and prearrival service letter today.
We are April 27,2019 applicant. Our file was transferred to los Angeles on June 2019. By Gods grace, no interview was required, got PPR today. In between we also applied for visiting visa on September 5th for him to visit me, It also got approved on September 8th. Everything is a surprise now. All the best to everyone.
Thanks

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to update everyone my husband received both passport request and prearrival service letter today.
We are April 27,2019 applicant. Our file was transferred to los Angeles on June 2019. By Gods grace, no interview was required, got PPR today. In between we also applied for visiting visa on September 5th for him to visit me, It also got approved on September 8th. Everything is a surprise now. All the best to everyone.
Thanks
Hallelujah and congrats!! I think you guys might have set a record for fastest total processing time for an application that went to LA Visa Office :D

Just curious, did you have any complications or red flags in your case? I saw that all your GCMS notes said was "transferred to Mission for further processing".

In any case, God bless and hope you have a great time living in Canada :)

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hallelujah and congrats!! I think you guys might have set a record for fastest total processing time for an application that went to LA Visa Office :D

Just curious, did you have any complications or red flags in your case? I saw that all your GCMS notes said was "transferred to Mission for further processing".

In any case, God bless and hope you have a great time living in Canada :)
Thank you! We both are really happy and feeling blessed. Well, to talk about complication, I think it was. Ours was a court marriage, which was conducted in the presence of two of our friends. No relatives, no parents. Which is actually questionable. My husband has applied for refugee status in US, but canceled the status, once he received the work permit. He was working in US in J visa. Then when his visa expired, he had to apply for refugee status to get work permit extension which he did and later he cancelled the asylum application which was another red flag. Well, somehow, God has done another miracle, got his passport request. We will be sending everything by tomorrow.
I wish everyone all the best in their application. Be patient and have good faith.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Thank you! We both are really happy and feeling blessed. Well, to talk about complication, I think it was. Ours was a court marriage, which was conducted in the presence of two of our friends. No relatives, no parents. Which is actually questionable. My husband has applied for refugee status in US, but canceled the status, once he received the work permit. He was working in US in J visa. Then when his visa expired, he had to apply for refugee status to get work permit extension which he did and later he cancelled the asylum application which was another red flag. Well, somehow, God has done another miracle, got his passport request. We will be sending everything by tomorrow.
I wish everyone all the best in their application. Be patient and have good faith.
Thank you for sharing your story, and that's awesome!! I'm super happy for you guys :D

Romilpatel1

Dec 3, 2018
Sounds like you are at the same stage that Riria and Sair1 were at on Sep 18, in which case you theoretically should get Passport Request in about 3 weeks.

There are some cases I've seen in other threads where people receive pre arrival services but don't receive any further decision or action for months, but hopefully your case follows the trend of the most recent cases at the LA Visa Office, in which case decision made and PPR should be coming up for you in the next month. Keep us updated! :)
I hope thats true. My file transfer In LA on 25th June. I hope I will get PPR soon.

G121

Sep 5, 2019
Hello Everyone
My file was transferred to Los Angeles visa office on 5th September.Then i got a line added to my ecas that they started processing my file on September16th.And a couple of days ago i got an interview request from IRCC New York.My interview is scheduled for first week of next month.I dont understand why would they call me for interview all the way in New York when they could have done that in LA.I m just lost.If anyone could help me.Please!!!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hello Everyone
My file was transferred to Los Angeles visa office on 5th September.Then i got a line added to my ecas that they started processing my file on September16th.And a couple of days ago i got an interview request from IRCC New York.My interview is scheduled for first week of next month.I dont understand why would they call me for interview all the way in New York when they could have done that in LA.I m just lost.If anyone could help me.Please!!!
Hey first of all congrats on them calling you in for interview so quickly after your application got transferred. Basically one month after transfer is record time (at least on this thread I think)! Maybe LA Visa Office is improving in processing times?!?!

But yeah I can't say I've heard of the LA Visa Office asking someone to go for interview to New York when your file is at LA. Is your listed residential address closer to New York than LA? Or maybe they knew that there was less of a wait for an interview to be scheduled at New York than LA, so they were being kind and getting your case processed more quickly... I've heard the New York Visa Office is much faster than LA. You can also try starting a new thread and asking about this. I find the more experienced members are helpful with answering new threads that have no/very few replies. Hope you get someone helpful!

Just curious, did you ever end up ordering your GCMS notes? If you haven't yet, you should definitely do that because you need to make sure you are prepared with proofs to address whatever their concerns may be that caused them to call you for interview. All the best to you guys!

G121

Sep 5, 2019
I did not order any notes.And i live in San Francisco which is closer to LA and not New York.I am prepared for whatever they want to ask.My lawyer had already told me that i might be asked for interview coz i have work permit through a asylum case.The only thing that bothered me was New York.Anyways its all good.Will see what happens.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
I did not order any notes.And i live in San Francisco which is closer to LA and not New York.I am prepared for whatever they want to ask.My lawyer had already told me that i might be asked for interview coz i have work permit through a asylum case.The only thing that bothered me was New York.Anyways its all good.Will see what happens.
Ah, that sucks you have to go so much further for your interview... but at least you got it so quickly :x

Hmm interesting. So far from the threads I've browsed on this forum, all the instances of interviews have been related to concerns about the relationship between the sponsor of the principal applicant. My immigration lawyer also told me that in her experience, the reason for interview is always with regards to the relationship. Just curious, and if you don't mind sharing, what did it say in the interview request letter?

G121

Sep 5, 2019
Ah, that sucks you have to go so much further for your interview... but at least you got it so quickly :x

Hmm interesting. So far from the threads I've browsed on this forum, all the instances of interviews have been related to concerns about the relationship between the sponsor of the principal applicant. My immigration lawyer also told me that in her experience, the reason for interview is always with regards to the relationship. Just curious, and if you don't mind sharing, what did it say in the interview request letter?
All it said is to appear for an interview on so and so date and so and so time.They did not ask me to bring any additional documents or the originals or anything for that matter.So we shall see.