23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hello Everyone
My file was transferred to Los Angeles visa office on 5th September.Then i got a line added to my ecas that they started processing my file on September16th.And a couple of days ago i got an interview request from IRCC New York.My interview is scheduled for first week of next month.I dont understand why would they call me for interview all the way in New York when they could have done that in LA.I m just lost.If anyone could help me.Please!!!
Did you have your interview? How did it go?

em.canada

Aug 6, 2019
HI Everyone! Was anyone transferred to the NY office? Can't seem to find very much information on it.

We have completed medical, biometric, and the decision made for the sponsor. File was transferred to NY a couple weeks ago. Is NY similar to LA in that an interview will probably be requested? My husband lives in LA so it was strange they transferred it to NY.

Thanks for any insight!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
HI Everyone! Was anyone transferred to the NY office? Can't seem to find very much information on it.

We have completed medical, biometric, and the decision made for the sponsor. File was transferred to NY a couple weeks ago. Is NY similar to LA in that an interview will probably be requested? My husband lives in LA so it was strange they transferred it to NY.

Thanks for any insight!
Read through the last few pages of this thread; several people here have had their app transferred from LA to NY, and so far all seems like good experiences :) Apparently LA and NY will distribute cases between themselves sometimes without notice of application transfer. NY definitely seems to be the faster processing office so far as I can tell with what people are posting here. Likelihood of interview or lack thereof doesn't seem to be any different though.

Riria

May 18, 2019
Ah that sucks the regular line couldn't get you any answers. I searched for the LA Visa Office contact info and they have a phone number listed for Visa and Immigration Services as 213-346-2700 on their website (https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/country-pays/united_states-etats_unis/los_angeles.aspx?lang=eng). Maybe if you still don't hear anything from them next week, that could be the last ditch attempt to reach them directly? :x Hopefully it doesn't come to that though ^^;

I sent them an e-mail yesterday. Waiting for the response now. It’s been 35 days now.

G121

Sep 5, 2019
Hello Everyone

I had my file transferred to LA and then to NY.If you havent already gotten an email you should get one saying that your file has been transferred to NY as LAVO is no longer going to process PR applications.Atleast thats what the email that i got said.So i got called in for and interview which was on the 4th November to NY.I live in Bay Area and I was thinking if need be the interview will be in LA but that was not to be.My wife was also asked to come with me to the interview.As far as interview is concerned it went really well.The lady called me in first.She interviewed me for like 30 mins and then called my wife in the same room as me and aaked her few questions and she approved us.She said that my background check was in progress and i should get a PPR soon.The very next day i got pre arrival services letter and then on the 8th i got PPR.I sent my passport the same day and now i am waiting to get it back.Here is my time line
AR-April 24

SA-June 13

Medical Instructions-June 13

File transferred-June 19

Medical recieved-June 21

Correspondence-July 15

Bio request-August 19

Bio Given-August 20

File trasferred to LVO-September 5th

Started Processing line added to ECAS-September-16th

Interview Request from New York-October 10th

Interview Date-4th November

Pre-Arrival Services Letter-5th November

PPR Request-8th November.

Good luck everyone

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hello Everyone

I had my file transferred to LA and then to NY.If you havent already gotten an email you should get one saying that your file has been transferred to NY as LAVO is no longer going to process PR applications.Atleast thats what the email that i got said.So i got called in for and interview which was on the 4th November to NY.I live in Bay Area and I was thinking if need be the interview will be in LA but that was not to be.My wife was also asked to come with me to the interview.As far as interview is concerned it went really well.The lady called me in first.She interviewed me for like 30 mins and then called my wife in the same room as me and aaked her few questions and she approved us.She said that my background check was in progress and i should get a PPR soon.The very next day i got pre arrival services letter and then on the 8th i got PPR.I sent my passport the same day and now i am waiting to get it back.Here is my time line
AR-April 24

SA-June 13

File transferred-June 19

Medical recieved-June 21

Correspondence-July 15

Bio request-August 19

Bio Given-August 20

Good luck everyone
Thank you so much for sharing all that info, that's super helpful and good to know!

If you are comfortable talking about it, what kind of questions did they ask you and your wife?

Congrats and hope everything remaining goes smoothly and speedily for you :D

em.canada

Aug 6, 2019
Hello Everyone

AR-April 24

SA-June 13

File transferred-June 19

Medical recieved-June 21

Correspondence-July 15

Bio request-August 19

Bio Given-August 20

Good luck everyone
Glad to went well, congratulations! So did not let you interview in LA?

Riria

May 18, 2019
Hi guys, I just received my visa and copr. Is there Anything in particular i need to bring with me when landing aside from my passport and copr? And would it be best to land by plane or go through rainbow bridge/peace bridge? Also, what type of questions do immigration officers ask when landing

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
Hi guys, I just received my visa and copr. Is there Anything in particular i need to bring with me when landing aside from my passport and copr? And would it be best to land by plane or go through rainbow bridge/peace bridge? Also, what type of questions do immigration officers ask when landing
Congratulations Riria. I found this YouTube link to be very useful. I will paste the link below. It’s titled “Your First Two Weeks in Canada”.

Best Wishes,

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hey congrats!! That's too bad they never replied to your webforms... but at least they finally got your COPR to you!

I think aside from your passport and COPR, you only need a list of Goods to Follow if you're planning on settling in Canada right away (as opposed to "flagpoling"/just activating your PR and then immediately returning to the US) and you have possessions that are going to be shipped to you at a later date. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though, since of course I haven't actually been through this process yet.

Not sure which way is best for you, but for weighing your options you could check out this resource https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada and specifically for information relating to flapoling (if that's something you're considering) you can check out this site https://www.immigroup.com/news/flagpoling-your-way-new-work-or-study-permit-or-permanent-residence

As far as I've seen on this forum, there are 3 questions asked by the immigration officer that are officially part of the "landing interview", and they are some variation of the following:
1. Have you ever been denied entry to Canada?
2. Do you have any undeclared dependants? (confirming whether your list of dependants is still accurate)
3. Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense in any country?
They will also ask for your list of Goods to Follow, although you do not need to provide it if you are only flagpoling.
Once you've answered the above, you should be all set and officially a Canadian PR.

Hope that helps!

Riria

May 18, 2019
Hey congrats!! That's too bad they never replied to your webforms... but at least they finally got your COPR to you!

I think aside from your passport and COPR, you only need a list of Goods to Follow if you're planning on settling in Canada right away (as opposed to "flagpoling"/just activating your PR and then immediately returning to the US) and you have possessions that are going to be shipped to you at a later date. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though, since of course I haven't actually been through this process yet.

Not sure which way is best for you, but for weighing your options you could check out this resource https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada and specifically for information relating to flapoling (if that's something you're considering) you can check out this site https://www.immigroup.com/news/flagpoling-your-way-new-work-or-study-permit-or-permanent-residence

As far as I've seen on this forum, there are 3 questions asked by the immigration officer that are officially part of the "landing interview", and they are some variation of the following:
1. Have you ever been denied entry to Canada?
2. Do you have any undeclared dependants? (confirming whether your list of dependants is still accurate)
3. Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense in any country?
They will also ask for your list of Goods to Follow, although you do not need to provide it if you are only flagpoling.
Once you've answered the above, you should be all set and officially a Canadian PR.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! They replied to my e-mail saying that they have already mailed out the passport with visa. Tracker was activated that same day. I booked my flight for Thursday to Buffalo, where my spouse will pick me up from the airport and drive across the border. I think I will be more comfortable having someone there with me. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

Reactions: StellaArtois

G121

Sep 5, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing all that info, that's super helpful and good to know!

If you are comfortable talking about it, what kind of questions did they ask you and your wife?

Congrats and hope everything remaining goes smoothly and speedily for you :D
Where we met?
How much time did we spend together at first meeting?
How we started talking to each other?
How much time did we spend talking to each other during a day?
What ceremonies did we have for the wedding?
How many guests?
Did parents from both side attend?
What have i done for the duration i have stayed in US?
Where do my parents live?
Where does my wife live in canada?
Who else lives in the house with her?
What do they do?
What are the plans when i go to canada?
What degrees do i have?
What my parents do?
How often does my wife come and stay with me?
When was the last time she came?
For how long did she stay?
When did my wife first come to canada?
When did she become the citizen of canada?
Then she called in my wife and asked her-
How we met?
And how often sis we talk or keep in touch?
Has she met all my family?
What are the plans when we get to canada?
And then she gave her one of our pics from our engagement and asked her to tell each of the person in the pic.
Thats pretty much it.I might have missed few questions but thats what i remember over my head.It was great relief once we were done with the interview.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Where we met?
How much time did we spend together at first meeting?
How we started talking to each other?
How much time did we spend talking to each other during a day?
What ceremonies did we have for the wedding?
How many guests?
Did parents from both side attend?
What have i done for the duration i have stayed in US?
Where do my parents live?
Where does my wife live in canada?
Who else lives in the house with her?
What do they do?
What are the plans when i go to canada?
What degrees do i have?
What my parents do?
How often does my wife come and stay with me?
When was the last time she came?
For how long did she stay?
When did my wife first come to canada?
When did she become the citizen of canada?
Then she called in my wife and asked her-
How we met?
And how often sis we talk or keep in touch?
Has she met all my family?
What are the plans when we get to canada?
And then she gave her one of our pics from our engagement and asked her to tell each of the person in the pic.
Thats pretty much it.I might have missed few questions but thats what i remember over my head.It was great relief once we were done with the interview.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write all that for the rest of us; that's really helpful.
Congrats on getting through all of that!! Enjoy moving into the next phase of your life :)