Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
All it said is to appear for an interview on so and so date and so and so time.They did not ask me to bring any additional documents or the originals or anything for that matter.So we shall see.
Oh wow that's very unusual! All the other interview cases I've seen always asked the applicant to bring some kind of documents/proofs. Keep us posted on how it goes, I'm very curious :eek: Hope it goes smoothly!

G121

Sep 5, 2019
Oh wow that's very unusual! All the other interview cases I've seen always asked the applicant to bring some kind of documents/proofs. Keep us posted on how it goes, I'm very curious :eek: Hope it goes smoothly!
The fact that they did not ask me to bring any originals or additional proof of relationship made me think that it could be regarding my status here in the US.All we can do as of now is wonder or think what it could be.We will kbow pretty soon.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
The fact that they did not ask me to bring any originals or additional proof of relationship made me think that it could be regarding my status here in the US.All we can do as of now is wonder or think what it could be.We will kbow pretty soon.
You would think though if it was related to your status they would ask you to bring original documents of your work visa and your approval for asylum right?? I have no idea what would require no documentation at all...
Not to beat a dead horse, but if had your GCMS notes it would state why they are calling you for interview. Not saying you have to do it to prepare (given that you already feel prepared for any questions they might have), just saying you'd get a sure answer from it... though if you did order them at this point, apparently they can take up to a month to arrive, so your interview might happen before they arrived ^^;

In any case, as far as I can tell from what you've posted on this forum, seems like most everything your case has been unusual in processing so far... so I am very curious about your developments! Hope you get a positive decision at the interview :)

G121

Sep 5, 2019
You would think though if it was related to your status they would ask you to bring original documents of your work visa and your approval for asylum right?? I have no idea what would require no documentation at all...
Not to beat a dead horse, but if had your GCMS notes it would state why they are calling you for interview. Not saying you have to do it to prepare (given that you already feel prepared for any questions they might have), just saying you'd get a sure answer from it... though if you did order them at this point, apparently they can take up to a month to arrive, so your interview might happen before they arrived ^^;

In any case, as far as I can tell from what you've posted on this forum, seems like most everything your case has been unusual in processing so far... so I am very curious about your developments! Hope you get a positive decision at the interview :)
Unusual because i got called for an interview within a month of file transfer??Maybe they have done all other checks and just want to interview for any questions they have regarding my application.Its just the way we look at things.Makes a lot of difference.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Unusual because i got called for an interview within a month of file transfer??Maybe they have done all other checks and just want to interview for any questions they have regarding my application.Its just the way we look at things.Makes a lot of difference.
It is odd that they have your file at LA but asked you to go to NY for interview. Also unusual that your ECAS never said they were processing your application (despite giving you SA and making MR and all that before going to LA) until after arriving at LA visa office. Also odd that they aren't asking for any documents to be brought to the interview at all - can't say I've seen that on this forum yet. Rosanna123 mentioned in this thread that the PA in their application also had asylum status, but even with their layers of complication, their case followed the norms of case processing far more than yours did.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying it seems like things are going differently during processing of your application compared to what is normal (relative to other applications), so it's very interesting. Hope your case goes well!

Sair1

Aug 6, 2019
My lawyer told us that you can have PPR request from either LA or New York. She has seen that.

Similarly, interview can be at either place. From what I have read on this forum - interview is just formality to confirm relationship. Interview is a good sign that you are almost approved.

Good news, our application is done. My wife received her passport today with visa :)

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
My lawyer told us that you can have PPR request from either LA or New York. She has seen that.

Similarly, interview can be at either place. From what I have read on this forum - interview is just formality to confirm relationship. Interview is a good sign that you are almost approved.

Good news, our application is done. My wife received her passport today with visa :)
Oh interesting! That's good they have a way to help spread application processing easily between those visa offices. I honestly did not think IRCC was that organized given the way our lawyer talked about them ^^;

Yay congrats!! That's a nice Canadian Thanksgiving present :D

Riria

May 18, 2019

When did they receive your wife’s passport?

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
Hello Everyone,

I have 11 week(s) remaining on my estimated processing time. No updates since May of this year (2019) which is when my application was transferred to the LA office. I have recently submitted the birth certificate of our son who was born this past August. Unfortunately due to my status having an Outland application in process I had to return to the states to provide for my family financially. I hope that my application gets approved soon so that I can return to my family. Is there any hope that applications that are processed get approved within the estimated time given?

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hello Everyone,

I have 11 week(s) remaining on my estimated processing time. No updates since May of this year (2019) which is when my application was transferred to the LA office. I have recently submitted the birth certificate of our son who was born this past August. Unfortunately due to my status having an Outland application in process I had to return to the states to provide for my family financially. I hope that my application gets approved soon so that I can return to my family. Is there any hope that applications that are processed get approved within the estimated time given?
It's hard to say. Every case is different and unfortunately no one can give a sure prediction for you. For example, decisions have been made in the past several weeks for a few people in this thread who had their applications transferred to the LA Visa Office in April, May, and June, and all of their applications were processed within 1 year. On the other hand, another member on this thread did not even get called for an interview until over a year the application was transferred to LA, after which the decision was made.

Have you ordered your GCMS notes? You can get an idea of what steps have been completed and what is remaining for your case if you order them, though it still would not answer exactly when you will have a decision on your case.

All the best!

Reactions: shakur.ibrahim
Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
It's hard to say. Every case is different and unfortunately no one can give a sure prediction for you. For example, decisions have been made in the past several weeks for a few people in this thread who had their applications transferred to the LA Visa Office in April, May, and June, and all of their applications were processed within 1 year. On the other hand, another member on this thread did not even get called for an interview until over a year the application was transferred to LA, after which the decision was made.

Have you ordered your GCMS notes? You can get an idea of what steps have been completed and what is remaining for your case if you order them, though it still would not answer exactly when you will have a decision on your case.

All the best!

StellaArtois
Thank you for this information. No we haven’t ordered our GCMS notes. But I will give this information to my wife who is the sponsor.

Again thank you for your response

Romilpatel1

Dec 3, 2018
Hello Guys,

I received pre arrival letter on 9th October. Today I talk with the agent and he said that my file transfer from Los Angeles to New York and I pass my eligibility. Now I want to know how long will it take for PPR?

Application Date:13th March
File transfer to Los Angeles: 31May
AOR2: 25th June

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello Guys,
My husband received his passport back today with the TRV and COPR. The passport was sent on October 11th. My Husband has got his visa until June 02, 2020. This portal was extremely useful for me and for our application. All the best guys!
Thanks

Reactions: StellaArtois

canuckinla

Jun 25, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
Hello Guys,
My husband received his passport back today with the TRV and COPR. The passport was sent on October 11th. My Husband has got his visa until June 02, 2020. This portal was extremely useful for me and for our application. All the best guys!
Thanks
Congratulations!!

Riria

May 18, 2019
Hello Guys,
Thanks
They received my passport on October 10th, and I still haven’t gotten it back. Did they use the return label you included?