Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
does it require any action after receiving letter of introduction
My timeline
18 Aug: Passport reached IRCC London
3 Sep: Receive Letter of introduction
13 Sep: still no update
Please, what's the letter of introduction about? Like does the content say?
I'm a PR applicant (post PPR), submitted my passport to London VO since July 20th.

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Received reply from London VO

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is in response to your recent enquiry.

Please note that the London office currently has a high volume of documents for printing and therefore print times are longer than the average time expected for visa offices worldwide, which is 4 weeks.

While we are unable to provide a processing timeline in light of the above, we assure you we are working to send you your documents as soon as is possible in the circumstances.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Best regards,

London, UK
Please which email address did you use to contact London VO?

hoanguyen18

May 14, 2022
Please, what's the letter of introduction about? Like does the content say?
I'm a PR applicant (post PPR), submitted my passport to London VO since July 20th.
I am applying new study permit so i am not sure we are same. it is Correspondence Letter
"Your application to study in Canada has been initially approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The final decision to issue you a study permit and allow you to enter Canada is made after an examination by an officer in Canada. At that time, an officer will assess if you still meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, its Regulations and any other Canadian legislation."

Latest update:
Final decision - September 2, 2022:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Please who has the official email address for LONDON VO. My passport has been with them for over 2 months. And I'm getting really concerned.

Omo1234

Sep 28, 2022
Please I need help, is there any one who applied for sowp from London office? Is it that sowp is on hold? My husband's application is over 4 months and no response. I don't know what to do, I'm so frustrated because I need my husband to join me in Canada.

Also, I noticed most of the comments are PR, did you all get your PR through express entry?

kn100

Oct 3, 2022
Type of application:
Spouse Open Work Permit (as spouse is from a country that does not have an ETA arrangement with Canada, her passport must be stamped for her work permit - even if mine does not need to be. I am from the UK so no need for my passport to be stamped).
My timeline so far:
27/09/2022 - Passport request
28/09/2022 - Passport submitted at London VFS
29/09/2022 - Tracking status updated to "received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2022/09/29"
--

Omo1234

Sep 28, 2022
Type of application:
Spouse Open Work Permit (as spouse is from a country that does not have an ETA arrangement with Canada, her passport must be stamped for her work permit - even if mine does not need to be. I am from the UK so no need for my passport to be stamped).
My timeline so far:
27/09/2022 - Passport request
28/09/2022 - Passport submitted at London VFS
29/09/2022 - Tracking status updated to "received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2022/09/29"
--
When did you apply for your spouse's open work permit?