+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
I also got the ready for visa email (PR applicant), I don't need to submit my passport just photocopies and the forms. For those who don't submit their passports, will they send the visa to my home address or maybe via email?
I am a little confuse because everyone is submitting passports but I don't need to as I'm from a country that doesn't need a visa to travel to Canada, so I'm wondering how will I get the COPR.
I received my COPR letter on Friday! Thanks everyone :) Good luck to you all

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
I received my COPR letter on Friday! Thanks everyone :) Good luck to you all

My timeline:
14/07/2022: Sent docs to VFS London
15/07/2022: Received email that they have received my docs
15/07/2022: Notification that it was dispatched to IRCC
18/07/2022: Notification that it was received by IRCC
03/08/2022: Notification that the decision envelope has been sent to and received at Visa Application centre:
03/08/2022: DHL Notification shipment on its way
05/08/2022: Received COPR at home

hope this helps.

Reactions: Emprexx

abhgi191

Oct 19, 2020
You can find all the info on the VAC London website (better check there as I did this two months ago). In short, What I needed to send:
1- Whatever was requested in your request letter
2- The request letter
3- VFS waiver form or something (from the website)
4- Your return address and your email and phone number
5- Proof of payment of all the fees

The fees needed are on the website. I think these were:
1- The single way package return fees (The cost of the VAC returning your passport to you) (you can include a paid return envelope instead if you prefer. Just make sure it's valid and trackable)
2- Packet transmission costs (It's basically the cost of the VAC sending your passport to the emabassy. Not everyone has to pay it. Check on the VAC website)
3- The fees for SMS and email tracking. It's not compulsory but I highly recommend it as your passport will be gone for a very long time.

We don't know exactly how long is the waiting time but so far people have been getting it back after three months. It could become worse so plan for the worst.
Thank you for the reply. So what is the address that I need to send the package to? Also should I send it via royal mail and attach the payment slip for one way courier service? if I want opt for 2-way courier service, after paying for it, how would i know when the courier will come.
Sorry for so many questions, but I am too confused in this step.

gbjas

Aug 9, 2022
I applied through IRCC portal for visitor/temporary resident visa(TRV) for a short stay
7th July: Application submitted
13th July: Biometrics submitted and updated on portal same day

No further update. Eligibility review not even started yet

I have send web form queries, emailed London immigration office a few times but no response. My flight is on 16th Aug so I am really worried.
Can anyone share their timeline for visitor visa please who got an approval?
And also How long did it take after PPR to receive stamped passport?

I don't think I will get my visa on time so probably better to cancel the flights? Anyone else experienced this?

JayD1991

Aug 16, 2022
Hi Everyone, Does anyone have any updates on their timelines? IRCC received our documents on the 11th July but still not heard anything.

prakashraman

Aug 17, 2022
Hi,

I am in a similar situation here. My company applied for my work permit and after 2 months IRCC requested for our passports.

June 3rd: We sent the passports
June 9th: IRCC received the passports

We are still waiting for the passports to be returned to us.

I noticed one of the users heard from the visa office that is takes 10-12 weeks for printing. I'll ping them asking how they were able to get in touch, and receive such communication. We are not have been successful in hearing anything substantial from the visa office.

Thanks! Hoping to get it back soon.

prakashraman

Aug 17, 2022
Hello, I have sent my passport to the VFS in London and they have sent it to IRCC in London for processing. I have sent them an email regarding the issue and they have answered back. They said printing times are approximately 10 - 12 weeks at present. I guess we just have to wait, which is frustrating. When have you sent your passport to London VO?
Hi svm1993

Glad you got your passport back! You mentioned you emailed them and they replied saying "printing times are approximately 10 - 12 weeks". Could you share that email address with me? Thanks!

svm1993

Jun 16, 2022
Hello everybody,
Sorry for the delayed response. I have already received my passport with visa stamp!

PR application approved: 22 June 2022
Passport with PR visa received: 23 June 2022

Looks like London VO has delayed printing times. I have been specifically replied by ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca that it might take 10 - 12 weeks for the processing to take place. Kindly email them if you’ve got any concerns with your passport.

All the best!

prakashraman

Aug 17, 2022
Hello everybody,
Sorry for the delayed response. I have already received my passport with visa stamp!

PR application approved: 22 June 2022
Passport with PR visa received: 23 June 2022

Looks like London VO has delayed printing times. I have been specifically replied by ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca that it might take 10 - 12 weeks for the processing to take place. Kindly email them if you’ve got any concerns with your passport.

All the best!
Thanks for the information svm1993. Yes, we have mailed that address as well - however not much luck with significant responses.

We did however, get our approval (letter of introduction) on 16th, but the passports have still not been sent back. Shall try reaching out to them via email again.

Thanks

Bonothereagle

Star Member
Aug 22, 2022
August 11 - Passports received by VFS Netherlands - The Hague
August 12 - Sent passports to VFS Netherlands
August 15 - Passports reached IRCC in London VO

no update now...

@prakashraman when did u send your passports?

prakashraman

Aug 17, 2022
August 11 - Passports received by VFS Netherlands - The Hague
August 12 - Sent passports to VFS Netherlands
August 15 - Passports reached IRCC in London VO

no update now...

@prakashraman when did u send your passports?
It's been a long wait for us. This is our timeline:

June 7 - Passports received by VFS Netherlands - The Hague
June 9 - Passports reached IRCC in London VO
August 16 - We received our "letter of introduction"

(Very hopeful we get our stamped passports back this week)