London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

Bonothereagle

Star Member
Aug 22, 2022
It's been a long wait for us. This is our timeline:

June 7 - Passports received by VFS Netherlands - The Hague
June 9 - Passports reached IRCC in London VO
August 16 - We received our "letter of introduction"

(Very hopeful we get our stamped passports back this week)
what is the letter of introduction? Did you sent emails to London VO?

Kokush

Aug 22, 2022
My timeline:
14/07/2022: Sent docs to VFS London
15/07/2022: Received email that they have received my docs
15/07/2022: Notification that it was dispatched to IRCC
18/07/2022: Notification that it was received by IRCC
03/08/2022: Notification that the decision envelope has been sent to and received at Visa Application centre:
03/08/2022: DHL Notification shipment on its way
05/08/2022: Received COPR at home

hope this helps.
Hi Mimi,
Thank you.

Could you please mention:
1- What documents you sent to VFS London.
2- Did you pay 2 ways post for DHL?

Thank you in advance for your reply

prakashraman

Aug 17, 2022
We just received my passports back, with the visas stamped. It took more than 2 months in the end (since we submitted it), but it came through well in the end!

Timeline:
August 16 - We received our "letter of introduction" (via email)
August 23 - Passports with visas reached our home.

Bonothereagle

Star Member
Aug 22, 2022
We just received my passports back, with the visas stamped. It took more than 2 months in the end (since we submitted it), but it came through well in the end!

Timeline:
Congrats! What does the letter of introduction states?

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
Hi Mimi,
Thank you.

Could you please mention:
1- What documents you sent to VFS London.
2- Did you pay 2 ways post for DHL?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Hi,

I just followed the instructions on the email, so I sent off a copy of the 'read for visa' email alongside filling out the 'Appendix A - Updated Information Chart' which is found at the bottom of that email. I also sent photocopies of my passport and 2x photo. I sent this via post office signed delivery.

When they received my package they emailed me that I needed to pay for a courier service of £18.35 and after i paid for it I had to send them a screenshot that I had transferred it. After this the process was quite fast.

I only paid one-way courier because I sent my package via post office and not via DHL. This was cheaper for me as I didn't need to send my original passport, but if I had to send my passport then I would have paid for the DHL.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bonothereagle

Star Member
Aug 22, 2022
Hi,

I just followed the instructions on the email, so I sent off a copy of the 'read for visa' email alongside filling out the 'Appendix A - Updated Information Chart' which is found at the bottom of that email. I also sent photocopies of my passport and 2x photo. I sent this via post office signed delivery.

When they received my package they emailed me that I needed to pay for a courier service of £18.35 and after i paid for it I had to send them a screenshot that I had transferred it. After this the process was quite fast.

I only paid one-way courier because I sent my package via post office and not via DHL. This was cheaper for me as I didn't need to send my original passport, but if I had to send my passport then I would have paid for the DHL.

Hope this helps.
Hi. Can u share ur COPR timeline pls

Bonothereagle

Star Member
Aug 22, 2022
Received reply from London VO

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is in response to your recent enquiry.

Please note that the London office currently has a high volume of documents for printing and therefore print times are longer than the average time expected for visa offices worldwide, which is 4 weeks.

While we are unable to provide a processing timeline in light of the above, we assure you we are working to send you your documents as soon as is possible in the circumstances.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Best regards,

London, UK

chegbus

Feb 19, 2019
Received reply from London VO

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is in response to your recent enquiry.

Please note that the London office currently has a high volume of documents for printing and therefore print times are longer than the average time expected for visa offices worldwide, which is 4 weeks.

While we are unable to provide a processing timeline in light of the above, we assure you we are working to send you your documents as soon as is possible in the circumstances.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Best regards,

London, UK
I received same response - We sent our documents July 7th

Bonothereagle

Star Member
Aug 22, 2022
Received below msg today. Not sure this is stamped passport or just the recall request I sent.

****The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXX has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO.******

Bonothereagle

Star Member
Aug 22, 2022
Passport received in IRCC London VO - Aug 15, 2022
Request for passport recall - September 2, 2022
Received msg about decision envelope dispatched from IRCC Office - September 2, 2022

Send out urgency emails in between to send passports with stamp asap

hoanguyen18

May 14, 2022

Timeline:
does it require any action after receiving letter of introduction
My timeline
18 Aug: Passport reached IRCC London
3 Sep: Receive Letter of introduction
13 Sep: still no update