+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processing time - Alberta

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
Cjr101 said:
I have a valid passport and have already submitted a clean federal police check..
I have already participated in the IEC before and have worked 1.5 years in my trade that I'm being employed for in Canada already.
I honestly think my case is simple.
Hey mate - your visa exempt, as aus is a visa exempt country. so yeah just rock up at border with your positive LMIA and they will issue you a permit there. all words from my lawyer mate as i knew nothing of this whole process and thats what she said.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
dotpat17 said:
Hey mate - your visa exempt, as aus is a visa exempt country. so yeah just rock up at border with your positive LMIA and they will issue you a permit there. all words from my lawyer mate as i knew nothing of this whole process and thats what she said.
Thats what i intend to do. I'm from Ireland and currently out of status and when or if i get the positive LMIA i dont fancy waiting another 4-5-6---- many weeks to get a work permit. My consultant wants me to apply online but she makes money this way....

Best of luck mate, as long as you have LMIA and offer of employment letter and you're not nuts then you should be ok...

Cjr101

Nov 26, 2014
You mean Ive been sitting here like a chump while I could already be there?? Haha
Na it's cool at least I got to catch up on a ton of surfing!!
Thanks for your input buddy, doesn't feel like there is too many Aussies trying this type of permit out?

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
Cjr101 said:
You mean Ive been sitting here like a chump while I could already be there?? Haha
Na it's cool at least I got to catch up on a ton of surfing!!
Thanks for your input buddy, doesn't feel like there is too many Aussies trying this type of permit out?
Yeah sweet as mate - hope it all works out. Yeah I haven't come across any i dont think.

Mac Nair

Feb 1, 2015
My employer applied in Aug 2014 and its Feb 2015.Have not heard anything yet.I am wondering if the govt has all together scrapped the TFW program?

Please, advise.

Thanks

manu.chan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Mac Nair said:
My employer applied in Aug 2014 and its Feb 2015.Have not heard anything yet.I am wondering if the govt has all together scrapped the TFW program?

Please, advise.

Thanks
Noc code please and place in albertA

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi friends,

I need your help immediate. I paid some money to broker (Agent) for job in Canada. Money paid on end of August-2014. He explained the procedure of TWP Canada ( First advertisement, 2nd LMO application, 3rd positive or negative LMO, 4th Visa application ). Then he also mentioned this process can take maximum 6 months and said he transferred the money to Canada what he got from me.

From September until now in between this time he said my LMO was applied and in process ( I haven't note down the date he mentioned around oct. 2014).

Starting from October almost 4 months whenever I call him he says no update and LMO in progress. He says he want to speak to the employer in Canada but he not giving any update on this process.

How to check LMO was really applied and in process? Any proof shows application for LMO?

Please help me on this issue!!!

Thanks

manu.chan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
5th month .....still waiting :mad:
No updates...taking forever...if they don't want to give then y can't they just say..

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KARAN said:
Hi there
Igot my LIMA on fFriday.
Time line
application lodged September15 2014
Congrats bhai:)

Anah

Jul 12, 2013
Guys, I need some advise.. My husband was denied in his LMIA application, NOC 9213. Work location is edmonton Ab. Now, his wor permit is expiring on May 10. Any advise if he will re-apply LMIA again, considering they are under scrutiny on tfw now. I felt so sad because he is going back home after the permit expire. however, his employer insisted to re-apply into low skilled level. What do you think for his chance of approval? I think he will running of time because the advertisement and waiting period of LMIa is 6 months approximately.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Anah said:
Guys, I need some advise.. My husband was denied in his LMIA application, NOC 9213. Work location is edmonton Ab. Now, his wor permit is expiring on May 10. Any advise if he will re-apply LMIA again, considering they are under scrutiny on tfw now. I felt so sad because he is going back home after the permit expire. however, his employer insisted to re-apply into low skilled level. What do you think for his chance of approval? I think he will running of time because the advertisement and waiting period of LMIa is 6 months approximately.
The advertisement period is only 4 weeks. And typically the processing time for LMIA is another 3 months.

What grounds did they deny his LMIA? This is very important as mine was denied the first time around also due to advertisements requirements set out by Service Canada and a few other minor things that my company fixed on the second attempt.

He can apply for an extension to his work permit 1 or 2 days before it expires at the very latest. He can include a letter stating that the LMIA has been applied for (if the employer apllies again) and he will get 2 months of implied status at the end of the permit date.

But you need to explain why the LMIA was denied in the first place