+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processing time - Alberta

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
manu.chan said:
Any updates guys..its 7 months done after file no recieved..losing hope
Same, nothing yet! Must be a heap of us Sep/Oct applications stuck in limbo. It does my head in, I can't fathom what takes this long to decide.

It's been 22 business days since they asked for name and contract with a 7-10day timeframe given so go figure!

Our sanity is being tested for sure! Just want to get on with our lives.

Nov 4, 2014
I apply for lmia in Calgary last Dec, exactly date is last Sep.
How long does it take to issue ?
My job place seemed to be inspected by SC this April. The officer said, it wii be issued after inspection.
It has passed 2 months since last words.
How is the thing going on Calgary Area?
How is everybody? Still same as me?

Just curious! & I'd like to know how the circumstance is.

Thanks

Mellon

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Mask de Mellon said:
I apply for lmia in Calgary last Dec, exactly date is last Sep.
How long does it take to issue ?
My job place seemed to be inspected by SC this April. The officer said, it wii be issued after inspection.
It has passed 2 months since last words.
How is the thing going on Calgary Area?
How is everybody? Still same as me?

Just curious! & I'd like to know how the circumstance is.

Thanks

Mellon

That seems like an awfully long time to me.

Also, why would you chose any other application apart from DUAL INTENT LMIA? if its so much quicker, surely it makes sense to go this approach

(wish i had known about this when i first applied, im not sure it was implemented though)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Is there anyone here applied under the caregiver program? Outside canada? Thanks

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
:D finally LMIA Approved!

NOC 7321 Automotive Service Tech Edmonton
Dual Intent
Applied 18th Sept 2014
Approved 24th July 2015

Any news from anyone else? I know several of you have had similar wait. We were on the verge of giving up! Good luck to those still waiting

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi
My employer had an appointment with CIC on 10th July.
CIC needs some clarification from employer regarding accommodation, communication etc...

Anyone have idea when CIC gives appointment again and what will be the result ?

Thanks.

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
saracunity said:
Hi
My employer had an appointment with CIC on 10th July.
CIC needs some clarification from employer regarding accommodation, communication etc...

Anyone have idea when CIC gives appointment again and what will be the result ?

Thanks.
where is your lmia processing center? and when did you submit lmia application, my employer applied last june, edmonton is the processing center, my employer also asked regarding accommodation, communication , tranportaion, who paid my transportaion when i moved here in edmonton from lloydminster, etc.... my consultant said its a employer compliance audit, still waiting for the result

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hi seniors. just need some advice regarding lmia. My cousin have been offered a job in Edmonton, and the employer is willing to process lmia. But the problem that I can see is that the number of employee working there is as low as just 2 people. Do you think lmia will still be positive? Please give me advice. Thanks. I just wanna make sure that it'll be positive coz I want to be with my cousin here.

Ambervy

Sep 25, 2013
Bad news.... My boss's application got refused. Noc 1221. Application received at beginning of March and got interviewed last week. 5 months waiting of nothing..... My boss mentioned that the agent who was on the phone with him was very unfriendly and aggressive. He didn't even give my boss a chance to explain our situation. All he said is that 'we have a data base showing that you don't need a FW to fill this job, blalala...' He was more likely to give a call to INFORM you that you will not get approved rather than hear and interview.
Anyway I don't know what to do now... Is that possible that my boss reapply the same position again? :'( :'( :'(

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi,

Applied LMIA last year not under express entry.

Have an answer from CIC states " This is request to your response submitted under the access to information act received at employment and social development Canada on October 05, 2015 and which reads as follows

your application status will be known by October 28,2015"

Will I get my application status on same date or it get delay further?

Thanks