+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA needed for PGWP Holders within Canda for EE

CEC321

Dec 3, 2014
vipsv said:
Sir, I finally got ITA with a Pgwp and full time job offer without LMIA.. I had 979 points. Now let me give you all the answers you need from a international student (soon to be PR).
Yes we come here for study,and nobody forced us to come here and pay for the fees.. But guess what we supported this country with our 10 biilion dollars.
We paid taxes, we made friends and we made connections. The new buildings you are seeing in Toronto's universities some how supported by international students. We accounted for 20% students in UOFT.

We never asked for guaranteed PR, we only asked for fair chance. IF there are 3 Canadians and one international student competing for a job, we asked for fair interview process. We never asked for a PR without job or experience. We worked hard for 4 years, made this country our home. As for me, i spent 5 years and i am 25 years old, so i spent my 1/5th of my life here. We opened business here. Please go check Pacific mall in Toronto, we have many shops owned by international students.
And we all are not same, about 1/4th of international students go back to their countries after graduation. We are part of this community which makes it look young, productive.
And yes, please go to some night clubs in montreal,vancover and toronto to see who we are and how much Canadians we have become..

Your Welcome

Would you please share your detailed score?
Thanks

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arpitdalal said:
Hello Expert,

I am on PGWP and have full time permanent job. My NOC code is 2173 (Software Engineer and Designer). My WP expires in November 2015. I complete my one year Canadian Experience on September 24 2015. My company doesn't intend to undergo LMIA as it was jeopardize there existing process from getting foreign worker through Intra-Company-Transfer(ICT). I was reading on CIC ICT is exempted from LMIA.

Now my points in new system are just 460/1200.If I complete one year experience in Sept 2015, my points would be raised by 40 making it 500. But still I can't apply directly under CEC. I have to go through EE which mean, I need to first be short listed from EE pool to apply for CEC and to come out of EE pool I need to have additional 600 point. I think EE to be is an additional layer over and above previously existing system. Correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Next option was to apply for Provincial Nominee Program. I downloaded the pre-screen application form for Employers. I was shocked to see the document list. It has twice the documentation compared to LMIA.
The document list includes:
1.Income Statement Information and Accounting Practicioner Information for past 3 years or company's financial statement signed by a C.A,C.M.A or C.G.A
2.Proof of Premises
3.Proof of recruitment efforts

In my opinion these documents are confidential and company would be reluctant to share. I think PNP is lengthy and again dependent on Employer as first Employer needs to clear the pre screen assessment and then only applicant can apply. Correct me here if I am wrong.

So is there any way I can extend my work permit without LMIA? Extending my work permit is my priority :(

Secondly, I read somewhere, there are some occupation for which company do not not require advertising or recruitment. Is this correct?
If so please tell me know which are the occupations which has this exemption and want would be LMIA process in this case?
Please advice.

Thanks.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

First of all, I wouldn't believe that you have got an ITA without an LMIA and PNP. If yes, then you certainly have to vet your EE profile details because later if any details provided by you are not true, You might want to avoid the consequences..

No one yet has got ITA without a valid LMIA, if yes then it would be a miracle waiting to happen...

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how come one could get 979 points without LMIA, is that even possible? I doubt.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vipsv said:
Sir, I finally got ITA with a Pgwp and full time job offer without LMIA.. I had 979 points. Now let me give you all the answers you need from a international student (soon to be PR).
Yes we come here for study,and nobody forced us to come here and pay for the fees.. But guess what we supported this country with our 10 biilion dollars.
We paid taxes, we made friends and we made connections. The new buildings you are seeing in Toronto's universities some how supported by international students. We accounted for 20% students in UOFT.

We never asked for guaranteed PR, we only asked for fair chance. IF there are 3 Canadians and one international student competing for a job, we asked for fair interview process. We never asked for a PR without job or experience. We worked hard for 4 years, made this country our home. As for me, i spent 5 years and i am 25 years old, so i spent my 1/5th of my life here. We opened business here. Please go check Pacific mall in Toronto, we have many shops owned by international students.
And we all are not same, about 1/4th of international students go back to their countries after graduation. We are part of this community which makes it look young, productive.
And yes, please go to some night clubs in montreal,vancover and toronto to see who we are and how much Canadians we have become..

Your Welcome
He is bluffing, don't believe this crap.

fuyiii

Jan 21, 2015
PGWP holders can also apply for PNP right?
I am surprised that no one is trying to do PNP...

is there any particular reason that everyone goes for LMIA but PNP?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
fuyiii said:
PGWP holders can also apply for PNP right?
I am surprised that no one is trying to do PNP...

is there any particular reason that everyone goes for LMIA but PNP?
Only 2 provinces (Sask & BC) have announce their PNP program for EE and neither are currently running.

Some other provinces had made clear that current PNP nomination will not be verified to get the 600 points (Ont., Sask, more?)

Correct if I'm wrong Thanks.

dalbemil

Feb 18, 2015
mf4361 said:
Only 2 provinces (Sask & BC) have announce their PNP program for EE and neither are currently running.

Some other provinces had made clear that current PNP nomination will not be verified to get the 600 points (Ont., Sask, more?)

Correct if I'm wrong Thanks.

Getting a provincial nomination would get you 600 points in Ontario. However the PNP process in Ontario is virtually the same as the LMIA process. You're in luck if you graduated from a school in B.C. Graduates of schools in British Columbia don't need to have a job offer to get the PNP from BC.

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Why is everyone saying that PNP is not accepting applications right now? or that we cannot apply for PNP if we want to get nominated for the 600 points to apply for EE? I have been reading on Opportunities Ontario and they are accepting applications. Where did anyone read that PGWP holders cannot apply for PNP because they are not accepting?

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
asdf-1234+ said:
Why is everyone saying that PNP is not accepting applications right now? or that we cannot apply for PNP if we want to get nominated for the 600 points to apply for EE? I have been reading on Opportunities Ontario and they are accepting applications. Where did anyone read that PGWP holders cannot apply for PNP because they are not accepting?
You can apply for PNP Ontario through regular process as it was before. (Once you are a nominee, you apply for a PR directly to CIC) ON PNP will participate in EE, but did not announce the details how. they only announced how many they will select nominees from EE, which will grant you 600 points. So, if you apply for the PNP now, then you will go through the regular process, not EE, which has nothing to do with 600 points.

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
ee2015 said:
You can apply for PNP Ontario through regular process as it was before. (Once you are a nominee, you apply for a PR directly to CIC) ON PNP will participate in EE, but did not announce the details how. they only announced how many they will select nominees from EE, which will grant you 600 points. So, if you apply for the PNP now, then you will go through the regular process, not EE, which has nothing to do with 600 points.
Okay but i had the impression that, according to the website, once you have been nominated, your EE profile will automatically be updated (or you update it yourself and include your PNP into your profile), and you will be granted the 600 points. Has anyone done this yet? Has anyone recently received Ontario PNP, applied through EE, and get 600 extra points for being PNP?

urgh, this is so frustrating! I was just gonna talk to HR about the possibility of spending $2k and applying for PNP to get my PR. Now I dont even know if I can or not.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
If you want to get 600 points you have to apply for express entry specific PNP. Regular PNP won't give you any points.
For example BC has 5500 quota for PNP this year but just 1350 of them will be EE PNP. With other ones you will have to apply under old way with paper application.

dextexter

Mar 7, 2015
Same boat here. There is a lot of confusion over this particular case: PGWP holders with a valid skilled job offer with 1 year experience. Do they need to make their employer get an LMIA or not?

If you google "Find out if you are exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment". You will land on a CIC webpage which states the below.

Employers who hire foreign workers through the International Mobility Program:

do not need an LMIA

PGWP comes under International Mobility program.

"International Mobility Program streams that feature open work permits rather than employer-specific work permits include the working holiday portion of International Experience Canada, the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, spouses/common-law partners of highly-skilled foreign workers and international students, and certain foreign nationals who are already in Canada waiting for the finalization of their applications for permanent residence."

Should the employer still get an LMIA even if they had offered a job for a PGWP holder? As per CIC website (which looks like it is recently updated) . I do not think so. Thoughts?

Venky19

Mar 6, 2015
Very good post.. I am in the same situation absolutely.. I will try with my employer, and share my experience

arajat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
I'm in toronto on pgwp I was not awarded 600 points extra

Manager potion noc 0

You need a lmo from the company to get extra 600 points 100% I am screwed I work for a corporate company they won't give lmo

BUT I am sure sooner or later the cutoff score will come down to 440

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
dextexter said:
Same boat here. There is a lot of confusion over this particular case: PGWP holders with a valid skilled job offer with 1 year experience. Do they need to make their employer get an LMIA or not?

Should the employer still get an LMIA even if they had offered a job for a PGWP holder? As per CIC website (which looks like it is recently updated) . I do not think so. Thoughts?
No LMIA/LMO, no 600 points.

That quote you have refers to PGWP does not need LMIA to work for any employers in Canada. It has nothing to do with EE system and points.