+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA needed for PGWP Holders within Canda for EE

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
vipsv said:
Sir, I finally got ITA with a Pgwp and full time job offer without LMIA.. I had 979 points. Now let me give you all the answers you need from a international student (soon to be PR).
Yes we come here for study,and nobody forced us to come here and pay for the fees.. But guess what we supported this country with our 10 biilion dollars.
We paid taxes, we made friends and we made connections. The new buildings you are seeing in Toronto's universities some how supported by international students. We accounted for 20% students in UOFT.

We never asked for guaranteed PR, we only asked for fair chance. IF there are 3 Canadians and one international student competing for a job, we asked for fair interview process. We never asked for a PR without job or experience. We worked hard for 4 years, made this country our home. As for me, i spent 5 years and i am 25 years old, so i spent my 1/5th of my life here. We opened business here. Please go check Pacific mall in Toronto, we have many shops owned by international students.
And we all are not same, about 1/4th of international students go back to their countries after graduation. We are part of this community which makes it look young, productive.
And yes, please go to some night clubs in montreal,vancover and toronto to see who we are and how much Canadians we have become..

Your Welcome

@vipsv a.k.a soon to be PR : you are in dreams ! Show me your CRS score breakup. Just a PGWP and 979 !!! Do you think we all came from Alibaug (my maharashtrian friends know what this means)? We the ones with LMO, several years of experience in one line of work aligned with the line of education with masters degree could only score 945 and you 979???? Stop dreaming and stop boasting. All of us here are paying tax and contributing to the economy through our work. If you really want to score anything above 900 go and get a job with LMIA. Till you do not have a LMIA supported job offer you are not considered irreplaceable and just another Canadian can take over from you.

dextexter

Mar 7, 2015
mf4361 said:
No LMIA/LMO, no 600 points.

That quote you have refers to PGWP does not need LMIA to work for any employers in Canada. It has nothing to do with EE system and points.

Ah.. I see..

In essence, Employers can offer jobs to PGWP holders but if employer does not have a LMIA (in this case, they won't coz they are "exempt").
No points are awarded under this amazing new Express Entry process.

This is a clear example of having a non-streamlined process End-To-End.

Although they are introducing LMIA for PGWP now. Employer needs to pay $230 and the international graduate student with a job offer needs to pay $100 for the open work permit.

(google "Reforming the International Mobility Programs")

Good luck to International Graduates trying to find a job this year and applying PGWP. Could not be more cumbersome.

So International grads who got PGWP last year or earlier and are in the process for applying PR through EE have no clear solution for LMIA. To be fair, CIC should follow the same rule of not wanting LMIA for PGWPs with 1 year valid skilled labor experience until they start issuing PGWP with LMIA.

Nick1987

Mar 17, 2016
If we only need a job, then we could do whatever we want except for illegal jobs. But if we want to be selected by the EE, then in most of the cases we need the additional 600 points, or we have PNP and we don't go over the EE.

Do we have to do high salary jobs (eg. engineer with 35$/hour...) in order to be eligible to apply LMIA? And Now, the country's unemployment rate is 7.3%. So many local Canadians couldn't get a job, and what can I do with this situation? Looks like those high salary job will become more competitive than any other periods.