+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Jagmeet1994

Mar 18, 2017
Hi, can u please let me know how much time it will take for the approval of LMIA. My employer posted the add on job bank a week ago.
Thanks

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hi all, LMIA approved!

Application received by SC on 25-APR-17
Approved 1-JUN-17
Letter received - TBC (Approx 10-14 JUN-17)
NOC 2011

Hope this helps!
Hello congratulations ! !!

Can u please guide me the steps of applying for lmia.
P.s I am in canada now working so I just need it to support my pr. Thanks

msHH

Jun 28, 2017
Hi guys,please help

I'm currently working under my post-grad work permit (which is going to expire soon) for almost a year under the NOC B. My employer agreed to support me with an LMIA and we did post for 4 weeks on job bank and other resources. My plan is to submit paper-based LMIA application before my work permit expires and apply for a work permit extension right after I receive an LMIA conf.#. But I don't want to lose my job and looking into other options.I'm talking to lawyers, but they only want money and no guarantees my case will win. Other option that I have is to apply for a significant benefit work permit which most likely be rejected, but at least I can keep working.

1.Did any of you (who received postive LMIA) applied by yourself, without a lawyer?
2. For how long can you legally work in Canada if you've applied for the work permit extension before you get a positive LMIA? (2 months strict or during the whole LMIA application review)

Jkrishnan

Nov 28, 2015
Hello All,

Today we received letter form Service Canada for LMIA audit. We received our LMIA in the month of January 2017 and SC has requested few documents from us like Pay stubs, Business related documents, Roles and responsibilities letter. Has anyone here faced this kind of audit before. Please share your inputs.

plan b

Jul 11, 2017
hi. i got job in Vancouver bc last year in September. Proces of collecting papers begun in december, first app was sent in april 19th. 2 days after, my employee got mail that few things are missing( my app has 135 pages). Again, we sent it last wendsday, app has been reieved yesterday.
My lawyer did papers for me and im in NOC 0, I THINK 0651 CATEGORY( beauty salon manager/educator ).
Can somebody tell me if he had experience with this category, what is estimated time?

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hi guys,please help

I'm currently working under my post-grad work permit (which is going to expire soon) for almost a year under the NOC B. My employer agreed to support me with an LMIA and we did post for 4 weeks on job bank and other resources. My plan is to submit paper-based LMIA application before my work permit expires and apply for a work permit extension right after I receive an LMIA conf.#. But I don't want to lose my job and looking into other options.I'm talking to lawyers, but they only want money and no guarantees my case will win. Other option that I have is to apply for a significant benefit work permit which most likely be rejected, but at least I can keep working.

1.Did any of you (who received postive LMIA) applied by yourself, without a lawyer?
2. For how long can you legally work in Canada if you've applied for the work permit extension before you get a positive LMIA? (2 months strict or during the whole LMIA application review)
I am curious to know too

Srijan Roy

Jul 14, 2017
Do anyone know how much time will it take to process LMIA for the NOC 2173 - Software Engineers and Designer with average wage of CAD 37/hr for Saskatchewan

Jun 22, 2016
I got my LMIA approved today for my workpermit! Here is my timeline:
March 3rd submit application
April 27th interview from Service Canada to my employer
May 2nd got positive LMIA
So it took about 8-9weeks
NOC B 4214
Hi, congrats on your approved LMIA. Please can you share with me how you were able to get a job in Canada while living outside Canada.

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hi, congrats on your approved LMIA. Please can you share with me how you were able to get a job in Canada while living outside Canada.
Hi
thank you. Ihad open workpermit for two years so I was already working for the employer that got LMIA. Hope you'll find a way to get a job in Canada !