+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
kalpan said:
LMIA has been issued by the federal government of Canada. So the officer must issue the WP. Explain your situation clearly.
[/quote

Thank you so much. Any suggestions at which port of entry should I try in Atlantic canada.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
MR242013 said:
kalpan said:
LMIA has been issued by the federal government of Canada. So the officer must issue the WP. Explain your situation clearly.
[/quote

Thank you so much. Any suggestions at which port of entry should I try in Atlantic canada.
There are lot of US borders in Atlantic canada, but you have to chose which one have immigration services available. You need to verify the serivices section whether they are offering immigration services. As per my knowledge there are no borders which serving immigration services. There is a border in Quebec, which provides immigration services and also bu-fellow near niagara falls. Check CBSA services web page for clear idea.

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
There are lot of US borders in Atlantic canada, but you have to chose which one have immigration services available. You need to verify the serivices section whether they are offering immigration services. As per my knowledge there are no borders which serving immigration services. There is a border in Quebec, which provides immigration services and also bu-fellow near niagara falls. Check CBSA services web page for clear idea.

Appreciated. Thank you so much for detailed information.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Awfully quiet around here lately.... my employer called Servica Canada on Monday to get an update but was told simply the application is still processing :/ ..........the wait continues............any news anyone?

Vandy1970

Oct 10, 2016
I got a strange feedback from my employer who said that ESDC has asked them to deposit one year salary as security before issuing the LMIA. Probably , the employer wants to make money from me !

Any views ! Did anyone face similar situation ?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Vandy1970 said:
I got a strange feedback from my employer who said that ESDC has asked them to deposit one year salary as security before issuing the LMIA. Probably , the employer wants to make money from me !

Any views ! Did anyone face similar situation ?
Its a scam! Be careful with your employer first of all!

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
There are lot of US borders in Atlantic canada, but you have to chose which one have immigration services available. You need to verify the serivices section whether they are offering immigration services. As per my knowledge there are no borders which serving immigration services. There is a border in Quebec, which provides immigration services and also bu-fellow near niagara falls. Check CBSA services
[/quote]
I went to the border. Officer requested two additional documents. 1) start date and end date on job offer later
2) visitor visa(which I have already applied online to restore my status). I tried to convince him saying that this is dual intent lmia. And my visitor visa application for Restoration is in process. He said come back with this two documents I will issue wp. At that time He didn't issue me work permit. Now I am planning to apply online for lmia based workpermit. Which currently taking 11 weeks. My question is if I apply online for wp and my visitor visa comes in between still I can go to border for wp?
Hope you understand my question.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
MR242013 said:
There are lot of US borders in Atlantic canada, but you have to chose which one have immigration services available. You need to verify the serivices section whether they are offering immigration services. As per my knowledge there are no borders which serving immigration services. There is a border in Quebec, which provides immigration services and also bu-fellow near niagara falls. Check CBSA services

I went to the border. Officer requested two additional documents. 1) start date and end date on job offer later
2) visitor visa(which I have already applied online to restore my status). I tried to convince him saying that this is dual intent lmia. And my visitor visa application for Restoration is in process. He said come back with this two documents I will issue wp. At that time He didn't issue me work permit. Now I am planning to apply online for lmia based workpermit. Which currently taking 11 weeks. My question is if I apply online for wp and my visitor visa comes in between still I can go to border for wp?
Hope you understand my question.
You can do it certainly, but you need to call CIC and cancel your online applied WP after you received WP at the border. Which border you went to?Did you show LMIA copy to the officer? There should be a date inside the LMIA copy( 2 years or 1 year ...something). And the officer is not a senior or he/she does not know much rules about how to issue WP.

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
kalpan said:
You can do it certainly, but you need to call CIC and cancel your online applied WP after you received WP at the border. Which border you went to?Did you show LMIA copy to the officer? There should be a date inside the LMIA copy( 2 years or 1 year ...something). And the officer is not a senior or he/she does not know much rules about how to issue WP.
I went to St stephen. I showed him everything. But I think the officer wasn't aware of rules for getting wp at border. He was asking for start and end date on my offer of employment.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Hey guys, my LMIA was finally approved last Friday :)

Took about 9 weeks from date of submission. Good luck to all!

Hercaz

Apr 6, 2017
Hello good folks,

just wondering what would be processing time for dual-intend LMIA (emp5593, option "work permit application and permanent resident visa application" checked). My salary is above $46/hr in Ontario and would qualify for 10 days priority processing for temporary-worker LMIA (emp5602), but what about the dual-intend?

And another question, how long would it take to get a new work permit applying from Canada after a positive LMIA?

I have 5 months left on my current work permit (IEC, non extendable) and wondering which one of above to go for.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Even if you qualify for the 10 day processing, it's still very possible for LMIA processing to take 2-4 months. Unfortunately we've seen plenty of evidence of that on this forum. Your employer should start on the LMIA process asap. If you are visa exempt, I would flagpole to obtain your work permit once you have the approved LMIA.

Hercaz

Apr 6, 2017
scylla said:
Even if you qualify for the 10 day processing, it's still very possible for LMIA processing to take 2-4 months. Unfortunately we've seen plenty of evidence of that on this forum. Your employer should start on the LMIA process asap. If you are visa exempt, I would flagpole to obtain your work permit once you have the approved LMIA.
Thanks for the reply. I am visa exempt! Can you please elaborate how this flagpole method would work? I am under impression that you need to apply for work permit after you get LMIA, which roughly takes another 12 weeks..

REGP

Mar 20, 2017
Hello everyone,
Regretfully my LMIA was denied, supposedly my employer didn't specify hourly wage 0.o
He's supposed to readvertise the position for 4 weeks and reapply.
My question is, how long the reapplication takes? The first time it took four months to get an answer.
Is it posible to appeal instead?
Thank you.-