Harsh29 said:
hello everyone.. sharing my timeline.
Noc 2233 - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN

Application sent on 24 oct 2016
Received confirmation on 28 oct 2016
Interview on 28 jan 2017
Positive Lmia ISSUED on feb 06,2017

Got invitation on feb 08, 2017 :)

AMAZING news, congrats! our timeline is very very similar , which province have you applied from? Our is BC but we were told it was submmitted to St. Johns as its for dual intent.

Harsh29

May 31, 2015
paulinkaja said:
AMAZING news, congrats! our timeline is very very similar , which province have you applied from? Our is BC but we were told it was submmitted to St. Johns as its for dual intent.
Thank you. I applied from Ontario. yes we submitted to St. johns as well for dual intent.
Interview lasted for roughly 30-35 mins. Since we waited for three month already the officer just asked basic question about the application.
1. did employer paid all the fee for the LMIA.
2. they asked about advertisement and who interviewed the applicants.
3. she asked more about financial status of the company. (in detail )
4. who is currently working at this position/ how much Foreign worker was making hourly when he was working on Work permit.
In the end officer asked for re-send all the job posting and also the current job advertise on job bank, some more detailed financial from the accountant. once everything was submitted she made her decision.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Harsh29 said:
Thank you. I applied from Ontario. yes we submitted to St. johns as well for dual intent.
Interview lasted for roughly 30-35 mins. Since we waited for three month already the officer just asked basic question about the application.
4. who is currently working at this position/ how much Foreign worker was making hourly when he was working on Work permit.
In the end officer asked for re-send all the job posting and also the current job advertise on job bank, some more detailed financial from the accountant. once everything was submitted she made her decision.
Hi Harsh29,

Small clarification from your questions. Usually they won't ask any question to employee directly as the communication should happen mainly between employer and SC. How did they communicate with you by asking did employer paid all the fee for the LMIA? Did you provide your contact number while your employee applied LMIA for you?

Thanks,
Kalpan

Harsh29

May 31, 2015
kalpan said:
Hi Harsh29,

Small clarification from your questions. Usually they won't ask any question to employee directly as the communication should happen mainly between employer and SC. How did they communicate with you by asking did employer paid all the fee for the LMIA? Did you provide your contact number while your employee applied LMIA for you?

Thanks,
Kalpan
NO NO they communicate with my employer not me. I am just sharing the question SC asked to employer.

paulinkaja

Feb 6, 2017
Harsh29 said:

Thanks a lot for that!

Just wanted to ask has anyone here contacted service Canada directly as the employee?

I know that the communication is supposed to be between the employer and service Canada but we are not getting any answers and we want to find out ourselves where the application is up to? The employer has tried escalation once a few weeks ago and we still dont have an answer.

AVIS RAKNAS

Oct 13, 2016
kalpan said:
Hi Avis,
I knew, you have been asked few times about your query and some one responded saying that it is completely depends on the officer and your employer well establishment because is ur wage is not within the prevailing wage. I would say stay positive and will hear a good news.

Thanks,
Kalpan
Thank you for you reply
I am waiting since August 2016 and more worried about the delay.

shanli

Feb 14, 2017
Harsh29 said:
Are your work permit still available when you are waiting for the LMIA?
I am under visitor record and waiting for the result of LMIA. I am worried about if the officer will ask my employer I haven't worked for this company for 4 months, but the company is still ok, so this ppl is not very important.
Anyone has this situation?

aeree

Feb 6, 2017
Hi All,

Thank you very much creating and replying this thread. It is very helpful.

Does anyone know if it is mandatory for an employer to share LMIA with employee? If yes, please provide some references. My lawyer has refused to share the LMIA copy with me citing it as business led application. The only reason I needed a copy of LMIA was to include it in my express entry profile.

Also, does it have to be mentioned while applying for LMIA that this LMIA will be later used for PR as well or we can use any LMIA for PR?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
aeree said:
Hi All,

Thank you very much creating and replying this thread. It is very helpful.

Does anyone know if it is mandatory for an employer to share LMIA with employee? If yes, please provide some references. My lawyer has refused to share the LMIA copy with me citing it as business led application. The only reason I needed a copy of LMIA was to include it in my express entry profile.

Also, does it have to be mentioned while applying for LMIA that this LMIA will be later used for PR as well or we can use any LMIA for PR?
Hi aeree,

Your employer has to provide a copy of LMIA. Your lawyer has no authority to provide the LMIA copy as you are third person to him/her. Actually there are 2 copies, one is intended to employer and not for foreign worker and another copy is specifically for you to provide by the employee. Its your right to ask your employee to get LMIA copy or in worst case check with provincial employment standards or ESDC website where you can send the above query and they will take care of everything.

Thanks,

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
Hay,
Just need a suggestion. Applied for LMIA on Jan 31 for NOC 7231. I have score of 405 without LMIA and will get 455 if i got approval for LMIA. But last week i got invitation to apply for Express Entry PNP from PEI.(Their immigration office email me that they have employer looking for someone with my experience, I think they got my info from Express Entry Profile). Now I am confused whether to go with PNP or wait for LMIA as I already spend around $3000 on LMIA and have good job and employer here in ON. Really confused, any good suggestion would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Rajinder Singh

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
SinghRaj said:
Hay,
Just need a suggestion. Applied for LMIA on Jan 31 for NOC 7231. I have score of 405 without LMIA and will get 455 if i got approval for LMIA. But last week i got invitation to apply for Express Entry PNP from PEI.(Their immigration office email me that they have employer looking for someone with my experience, I think they got my info from Express Entry Profile). Now I am confused whether to go with PNP or wait for LMIA as I already spend around $3000 on LMIA and have good job and employer here in ON. Really confused, any good suggestion would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Rajinder Singh
Go with LMIA process and make your life simple!!

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
kalpan said:
Go with LMIA process and make your life simple!!
Hay, Thanks,
Just hour after i posted, my employer got call from ESDC. As per my employer they Asked very brief questions (I don`t know what) and said everything is good, and if they will be not closed tomorrow because of snow storm they will be make decision tomorrow or not day after tomorrow.

Now, Should I update express entry right away or wait for the very final document that I need (which would be letter saying positive LMIA, I suppose). As next Wednesday will be draw and hopefully it will be under 455 and if the decision is delayed and I get an ITA I will still have 90 days or I have chance to not accept the ITA if LMIA thing go other way.