+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Makeit

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
My employer had an interview around 20th January and we were told the LMIA was approved....BUT we have still not received the official paperwork.

Its been 4 weeks....anyone else experience this?

I am thinking we should contact them again to see what is going on.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
ESDC issues their assessment in form of a negative or positive decision and the assessment will be mailed and should take approx. 7 business days within Canada from issuance to delivery.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
SinghRaj said:
Hay, Thanks,
Just hour after i posted, my employer got call from ESDC. As per my employer they Asked very brief questions (I don`t know what) and said everything is good, and if they will be not closed tomorrow because of snow storm they will be make decision tomorrow or not day after tomorrow.

Now, Should I update express entry right away or wait for the very final document that I need (which would be letter saying positive LMIA, I suppose). As next Wednesday will be draw and hopefully it will be under 455 and if the decision is delayed and I get an ITA I will still have 90 days or I have chance to not accept the ITA if LMIA thing go other way.
Wait for the document to receive. Dont misrepresent by urself.

aeree

Feb 6, 2017
My lawyer (hired by employer) says that it is not mandatory to share LMIA copy with employee. This way I can't get points in express entry profile. I have the LMIA number but not the issue and expiry date. What should I do? My employer has applied for 2 year work permit for me. Anyone having similar experience. If I put dates which are close, do I need to submit the LMIA copy as proof once I receive the ITA?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeree said:
My lawyer (hired by employer) says that it is not mandatory to share LMIA copy with employee. This way I can't get points in express entry profile. I have the LMIA number but not the issue and expiry date. What should I do? My employer has applied for 2 year work permit for me. Anyone having similar experience. If I put dates which are close, do I need to submit the LMIA copy as proof once I receive the ITA?
Why would they not share that with you? They went through the trouble of getting the LMIA and it wont cost them anything if you do get PR, and that way you would be able to stay around.

How weird.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
aeree said:
Call SC and explain your situation by providing ur positive LMIA number and follow the steps what they are going to explain to you in order to get a copy!

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Something is not right then with your Employer. The Employer has to give you the LMIA confirmation letter and Annex A identifying the system file number xxxxxx. That they are not doing it is raising some questions.......

paulinkaja

Feb 6, 2017
Hello to you all :)

We have received our LMIA acknowledgement letter 13 weeks ago, we were qualified for the 10 days service as it was for dual intent but like everyone else here we were notified that due to high volume of applications they couldn't process it in this time, my husband called ESDC a week ago and he was notified that LMIA waiting time is approx 8 weeks. Well it has been 13 weeks plus employer has been calling ESDC himself at least twice a week over past few weeks, escalated it via email couple of weeks ago and was told again over the phone that an officer has been assigned. What else can be done?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi. Your employer has to give you the copy of the LMIA to apply work permit or PR. Without the document you can't do anything.
:)
aeree said:

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
paulinkaja said:
Hello to you all :)

We have received our LMIA acknowledgement letter 13 weeks ago, we were qualified for the 10 days service as it was for dual intent but like everyone else here we were notified that due to high volume of applications they couldn't process it in this time, my husband called ESDC a week ago and he was notified that LMIA waiting time is approx 8 weeks. Well it has been 13 weeks plus employer has been calling ESDC himself at least twice a week over past few weeks, escalated it via email couple of weeks ago and was told again over the phone that an officer has been assigned. What else can be done?
The only thing you can do is to wait. Calling and emailing them is not going to expedite the process. I know it's hard for some people to believe but if it was the case then thousands of people would be calling them every day and the processing time would be even longer.

paulinkaja

Feb 6, 2017
TomasX90 said:
The only thing you can do is to wait. Calling and emailing them is not going to expedite the process. I know it's hard for some people to believe but if it was the case then thousands of people would be calling them every day and the processing time would be even longer.
Thanks Tomas, just thought it would be worth asking as being stuck in this situation is seriously frustrating.

Kind regards

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
paulinkaja said:
Thanks Tomas, just thought it would be worth asking as being stuck in this situation is seriously frustrating.

Kind regards
I know buddy. I've been there too and had to wait for a very long time. But you're gonna (you employer) get a call one day and just be ready to nail all the arguments they'll have. And you should be good to go! GL

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
SinghRaj said:
Hay, Thanks,
Just hour after i posted, my employer got call from ESDC. As per my employer they Asked very brief questions (I don`t know what) and said everything is good, and if they will be not closed tomorrow because of snow storm they will be make decision tomorrow or not day after tomorrow.

Now, Should I update express entry right away or wait for the very final document that I need (which would be letter saying positive LMIA, I suppose). As next Wednesday will be draw and hopefully it will be under 455 and if the decision is delayed and I get an ITA I will still have 90 days or I have chance to not accept the ITA if LMIA thing go other way.
Hello all
LMIA APPROVED
JOB: 7231-MACHINED PART INSPECTOR
PAY: $24/HR
LMIA RECEIVED (TO ESDC) : 01 FEB 2017
INTERVIEW: 15 FEB 2017
LMIA APPROVED : 17 FEB 2017

HOPE THIS WILL HELP.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
SinghRaj said:
Hello all
LMIA APPROVED
JOB: 7231-MACHINED PART INSPECTOR
PAY: $24/HR
LMIA RECEIVED (TO ESDC) : 01 FEB 2017
INTERVIEW: 15 FEB 2017
LMIA APPROVED : 17 FEB 2017

HOPE THIS WILL HELP.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Congrats SinghRaj. So quick!

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
kalpan said:
Congrats SinghRaj. So quick!
I know :D
But now I got another problem. In dec. I took IELTS test and got R-9,L-8.5,S-7, W-6. because of writing I was not getting CLB 9 in all 4 which was causing me loos of 21 points. So i filled recheck form on JAN 17, and still waiting for reply. Now, I realised my mistake as I will be getting score of 455 ( with LMIA) if I did not ask for recheck, anyways now I have to wait for the recheck result as I can not use the certificate till then.