+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
kagopala said:
Thanks Kalpan for your reply..

i came to Canada under Intra company transfer which has the limit for 5 years wp extension for software engineers, i believe that the 4 year limit is alone removed. thats what i heard from my lawyer
Yep, 4 year limit is gone!

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kagopala said:
thanks Tomas, but i am under Intra Company Transfer (ICT program) which is 5 year limit :(
and you havent applied and/or qualified for EE even after five years of exp? i myself went through that cycle and for the longest time didnt thought about settling in canada. And i was unaware of this five year rule and when i made up my mind it was too late....and the only way to continue was LMIA and ofcourse that got rejected

so in short i am saying if you are there already 4-5 years and want to continue, what ties you to ICT rules related WP ? and why dont you take PR ( and not do the same mistake as me lol )

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
anti_maniac said:
and you havent applied and/or qualified for EE even after five years of exp? i myself went through that cycle and for the longest time didnt thought about settling in canada. And i was unaware of this five year rule and when i made up my mind it was too late....and the only way to continue was LMIA and ofcourse that got rejected

so in short i am saying if you are there already 4-5 years and want to continue, what ties you to ICT rules related WP ? and why dont you take PR ( and not do the same mistake as me lol )
Hello anti_maniac,

Thanks for your inputs, it was my bad, as i was not showing interest initially for PR. at the end, when i was interested, PR rules changed with EE.
My Employer applied for LMIA, but meanwhile my company got acuqired. In this time, i got call from case officer, but there was none to respond them during the Christmas holidays :(
Now, i am in a position to do IELTS and apply for PR. i have scheduled the exam for feb 11th. i have few questions

1. why your lmia got rejected? was there any valid reason?
2. are you still in canada? what's your status now?
3. I am planing to do my exam and create a profile, so when i get the invitation b4 my wp expiry, i will be safe i believe. If not i am planning to simply apply wp extension wthrough paper application, in order to buy some extra time for the PR invitation. i think this will be the only way to stick back here for sometime. is there any other option??

Thanks

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
kagopala said:
Hello anti_maniac,

Thanks for your inputs, it was my bad, as i was not showing interest initially for PR. at the end, when i was interested, PR rules changed with EE.
My Employer applied for LMIA, but meanwhile my company got acuqired. In this time, i got call from case officer, but there was none to respond them during the Christmas holidays :(
Now, i am in a position to do IELTS and apply for PR. i have scheduled the exam for feb 11th. i have few questions

3. I am planing to do my exam and create a profile, so when i get the invitation b4 my wp expiry, i will be safe i believe. If not i am planning to simply apply wp extension wthrough paper application, in order to buy some extra time for the PR invitation. i think this will be the only way to stick back here for sometime. is there any other option??

Thanks
Hi Kagopola,

I have just applied for my paper based closed WP while waiting for LMIA. Do you know how could we link the +VE LMIA once we receive or the CIC will know automatically because I have provided system file number in my application and cover letter. Your inputs are required. Thanks,

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
kalpan said:
Hi Kagopola,

I have just applied for my paper based closed WP while waiting for LMIA. Do you know how could we link the +VE LMIA once we receive or the CIC will know automatically because I have provided system file number in my application and cover letter. Your inputs are required. Thanks,

Hi Kalpan,
i too assume that they hold the wp status untill a lmia status is know. i will ask the same query to my consultant and will get back to you.
btw, when did you apply for lmia? under which noc ? which province?

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kagopala said:
Hello anti_maniac,

Thanks
1. the reason given was "not enough effort to hire a canadian", which i personally dont agree but imo it was a bit of malhandling by company lawyer asthey put off the ad before decision (which itself is a fiasco....as the decision took 9-10months)
2. No, i had to leave. I applied under EE after 1.5 years....

i cant comment on point 3, atleast when i left the lawyer from company said there is no other option....now its like 1.5 years, and i dont knowrules if any are changed. I could come back after 1 year cooloff on ICT again but i didnt feel like coming again on temporary permit

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
kagopala said:
Hi Kalpan,
i too assume that they hold the wp status untill a lmia status is know. i will ask the same query to my consultant and will get back to you.
btw, when did you apply for lmia? under which noc ? which province?
Thanks for the reply. Jan 19th, file number after a week, Noc 2174, NB

AVIS RAKNAS

Oct 13, 2016
Hi All,

Does anybody in this forum has got approval for LMIA even if the prevailing wage is not met.
prevailing wage is 38.50$ but what they are offering is 33.50$ and 5$ less than prevailing wage
anybody has got approved LMIA like this scenario

Kindly advise
Thanks

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
kalpan said:
Thanks for the reply. Jan 19th, file number after a week, Noc 2174, NB
Please update me about how your case is handled, meanwhile, i will discuss with my consultant to see what they say?

Thanks

Mrsharma

Sep 20, 2014
Hi all,
I apply lmia from Ontario to St. John's
Submit file 9 nov 2016
Received file number 27 November
Interview call on 24 jan
Decisions made 26 jan
Letter received And Approved 3 February.
Noc 6313 payrate was 22.25

AVIS RAKNAS

Oct 13, 2016
Hi All,

Does anybody in this forum has got approval for LMIA even if the prevailing wage is not met.
prevailing wage is 38.50$ but what they are offering is 33.50$ and 5$ less than prevailing wage
anybody has got approved LMIA like this scenario

Kindly advise
Thanks

aeree

Feb 6, 2017
Has anyone you know got approved work permit with LMIA file number only? I see many cases but all of them are rejections.