+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Lmia 7411

Aug 6, 2016
Hello to all
My Lmia application was submitted in the january 2016 and the application number was issued on the first week of February. Now Its entered in the 28th week!!! Dont hav got any document request or any of the phone call, once in the 20th week there was a apllication updated msg, nothing else!! Still no any response, im really very upset, many of the decisions of my life are hold on, my parents are also worried, just stucked there,
What u guys think? They will directly msg me for the medical or is anything negative there about my apllication that they doesnt response! All the day i wait for their call fom the submission day of my file, im regular on my job and not getting any off.

sbtcak

Jun 23, 2016
puru87 said:
Pink81 said:
Share my timeline
Jan 18 submit lmia application
Feb 8 file number received
Today cic call my employer to prepare for a 3 hours interview anytime on April
NOC 6211
From Alberta

3 hour interview for NOC 6211? We had an interview last time for only 45 minutes & we applied for specialty chef position but it got rejected after 3 days of an interview. We've again applied under cook position and the application is running on 10th week, no interview till now.
May I ask why your application got rejected for the first attempt?

Rkahlon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Helo to all
My prospective employer is going to apply fr my LMIA... I just want to clear a doubt..
I read on job bank ad that median wage of my noc6242 is $13 n I m being offered $17.50.. its high skilled... so my job will b classified as high wage???
Thanks I advance

playtheman

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Rkahlon said:
Helo to all
My prospective employer is going to apply fr my LMIA... I just want to clear a doubt..
I read on job bank ad that median wage of my noc6242 is $13 n I m being offered $17.50.. its high skilled... so my job will b classified as high wage???
Thanks I advance
I think high wage is set by the provincial median. Not sure if it is by the actual job median.

Median in alberta is 25 hr so my employer is offering me 26 hr

Rkahlon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
playtheman said:
I think high wage is set by the provincial median. Not sure if it is by the actual job median.

Median in alberta is 25 hr so my employer is offering me 26 hr
I am still confused... median wage of bc province in this noc is $13 .. can anyone clarify my problem n enlighten me about the actual mediiian wage of this province

sbtcak

Jun 23, 2016
I finally got the LMIA today!
Thank you everyone for all the information you have given me.
It was very helpful and encouraging!

Here is my timeline

job category: pastry chef (NOC 6252)
province: BC
wage: $15/hour

documents sent: Jan 26th
file number : February 10
agent called service canada: July 7 (but was told still processing)
phone interview: August 3
LMIA approved! : August 10

Those of you who are still waiting, I wish you the best of luck!

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hello

I have a family friend in Canada who is ready to offer me a job letter. I need to know the process for applying LMO and how he need to apply for the same .Also if someone on our behalf help him to apply for the same. He is not completely aware of the process.

Regards

Rkahlon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
sbtcak said:
I finally got the LMIA today!
Thank you everyone for all the information you have given me.
It was very helpful and encouraging!

Here is my timeline

job category: pastry chef (NOC 6252)
province: BC
wage: $15/hour

documents sent: Jan 26th
file number : February 10
agent called service canada: July 7 (but was told still processing)
phone interview: August 3
LMIA approved! : August 10

Those of you who are still waiting, I wish you the best of luck!
Congrats to u...
Was ur position high wage or low wage... my noc is somewhat similar to u n we r in the same province.. so I was concerned

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a question maybe a bit off the topic but still related to LMIA. I already got my LMIA. My current PGWP expires today (August 12) but before that, I already applied for LMIA-based work permit on July 25. Am I able to keep working while waiting for the new work permit? My lawyer said I can only stay but cannot work.

I read on CIC this Q&A :

Q : I have applied for a new work permit. Can I stay in Canada if my work permit expires?

A : Yes. You can stay in Canada, and may be able to keep working, under what's called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new permit application. However, you must respect the following requirements:

If you applied for another work permit

You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until CIC decides on your application unless you have applied to extend your stay under another category.
If you applied for a different kind of permit

You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.

Does it mean I still can work while waiting?

Thank you.

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
danieltiendat said:
Hello everyone,

I have a question maybe a bit off the topic but still related to LMIA. I already got my LMIA. My current PGWP expires today (August 12) but before that, I already applied for LMIA-based work permit on July 25. Am I able to keep working while waiting for the new work permit? My lawyer said I can only stay but cannot work.

I read on CIC this Q&A :

Q : I have applied for a new work permit. Can I stay in Canada if my work permit expires?

A : Yes. You can stay in Canada, and may be able to keep working, under what's called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new permit application. However, you must respect the following requirements:

If you applied for another work permit

You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until CIC decides on your application unless you have applied to extend your stay under another category.
If you applied for a different kind of permit

You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.

Does it mean I still can work while waiting?

Thank you.
You can continue to work under implied status since you applied already.

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
Joejo said:
You can continue to work under implied status since you applied already.
Thank you Joejo. Since my lawyer submitted application online through her office's system that connects with gov's (that's what she said) so I am not sure about this. So even that I don't receive any AOR of my application, I still can work? I mean maybe my lawyer received that AOR, but I'm not informed by her yet.

I'm sorry to ask again, I just need to make sure :)

Thank you.

Naveed28

Sep 1, 2015
I have a Question. My employer is doing a LMIA for me. 1 month ad is done. now we are confused, our immigration consultant applying for regular lmia. but I have required IELTS, ECA done, all doc is ready. it does not matter to my employer either LMIA he is ok.
My noc code is 5241 (Graphic designer and illustrator) I have diploma and 6 year plus experience. Which one is better to apply duel or wp lmia? time wise? or possibility wise?

And other thing is detailed recruitment effort how I can fill up this part? how detailed have to be?

Thanks a lot

Naveed28

Sep 1, 2015
danieltiendat said:
Hello everyone,

I finally got the LMIA. Yay :))) I just want to share with you my timeline:

NOC : 5241 (Graphic Designers and Illustrators)
Province : Quebec
April 19 : application submitted
May 19 : application received
June 2 : Notification of required additional document sent, but I received the notification letter on June 10 --> to clarify one answer that my boss missed.
June 13 : additional document submitted
July 5 : my boss/my lawyer received another letter to require submitting additional document. This time was about CSST cotisation proof. We had one week to submit (deadline : July 12)
July 11 (1PM) : CSST proof submitted.
July 11 (3PM) : an officier from Service Canada called my boss to tell that my LMIA is approved. They will send the official LMIA in 1 week.

My LMIA will be valid for 1 year (according to Service Canada, since I applied LMIA to support PR, 1 year should be enough). So... it takes me 7 weeks to get the LMIA, starting from the date they received my application.
Is it dual intent or regular workpermit LMIA? I have same NOC CODE 5241, in ONTARIO, I am from outside canada. My immigration consultant applying for regular work permit LMIA,
I have proper IELTS, ECA done, has 6 years plus experience. Should we do dual intent or Regular. I am confused, My employer does not have any idea.

Please tell me difference.

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
Naveed28 said:
Is it dual intent or regular workpermit LMIA? I have same NOC CODE 5241, in ONTARIO, I am from outside canada. My immigration consultant applying for regular work permit LMIA,
I have proper IELTS, ECA done, has 6 years plus experience. Should we do dual intent or Regular. I am confused, My employer does not have any idea.

Please tell me difference.
Hello Naveed28,

From what I read on CIC, the duel intent LMIA is applied in case that you want to use it as a support for your permanent residence application (already submitted and being processed).

LCC1111

Jun 14, 2016
Hi guys!

The company has sent out the LMIA application few days ago. FedEx shows the office received our documents. So the next step is waiting for file number? Or a submission email first?

Thanks for any response