ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LinaD said:
Congrats... Lucky you. Now pray for us. Are you in land Lmia or outside Canada?
Thank LinaD. I am outside Canada. I hope you will get the results soon.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
ruby13 said:
Finally approveeeeddddd!!!!!

Applied- 20th august
Additional document request- 27th october
Interview call- 25th nov and asked additional documnets
Approved-9th December!!!
NOC- 0621 ( Retail Manager)
Province- British Columbia
Congratulations Ruby13. It's the most amazing feeling after all the waiting. When are you hoping to leave?

I'm just waiting on them finding an apartment then I can book flights I'm hoping for 8-14 Jan. I have been looking at flights it's actually cheaper to book a return than one way.

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Congratulations Ruby13. It's the most amazing feeling after all the waiting. When are you hoping to leave?

I'm just waiting on them finding an apartment then I can book flights I'm hoping for 8-14 Jan. I have been looking at flights it's actually cheaper to book a return than one way.

Thank you so much!!! Actually I need to apply for work permit. And its processing time is approx. 3 months. So there will be a wait. And in the mean time I am waiting for ITA. My file is already in the pool for EE. And collecting all the documents for that.. So there is still some wait...

Just one month left for you. I can imagine you will be soo excited

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
ruby13 said:
Thank you everyone.... I hope everyone else waiting gets it before Christmas.
ruby13,

Building my timeline based on your date steps, my guess is that ny employer will be interviewed by next week and if no additional docs are required (sent some additional info on nov, 16th), my approval should be by Dec, 30th. It's not Christmas, but will be great to start 2016 with this great accomplish, though I'll still need to apply to WP.

Please keep us posted before you leave to Canada, eh?

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
ruby13,

Building my timeline based on your date steps, my guess is that ny employer will be interviewed by next week and if no additional docs are required (sent some additional info on nov, 16th), my approval should be by Dec, 30th. It's not Christmas, but will be great to start 2016 with this great accomplish, though I'll still need to apply to WP.

Please keep us posted before you leave to Canada, eh?
Hope you get your Answer soon. Still its a big releif that they are still giving positive LMIAs. Before I applied, everywhere I was reading that the success rate is too low. But now I am confident that they are still giving if everything is presented in a right way.

So little bit more time for you and then you will get the good news... Wish you Good Luck...

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
puru87 said:
LMIA Filed:-1st october 2015
file number given on 10th october 2015
interview with employer:-20th november 2015
interview again:-23rd november 2015
Negative LMIA on same day

position i applied for a Specialty Chef (Nepalese Cuisine) (NOC 6321) in Duncan, British Columbia

LMIA officer asked all bullshit questions to my employer
1) Who had create the job add for you? yourself or your lawyer? ( My employer replied of course it's me who had posts this add, it's my restaurant and i only know what i'm doing)
2) Why don't you mention aboriginal people on your job posts? (my employer is looking after Nepalese cuisine chef, don't understand how these aboriginal people know to cook nepalese food?)
3)Why are you hiring this guy (me) rather then other? (My employer says he had got all the experience which i'm looking after)
4) why did you indicate that you need 5 years of experience in cooking authentic Nepalese cuisine? why not 2-3 years experience? ( My employer replies i want the best cook for my restaurant who knows everything and had lots of experience, we're in restaurant business and all business owner want best people to work for them)
5) Do you know about the current unemployment percentage in BC? ( My employer replies i really don't know about this, well i tried my all efforts to hire canadian citizen and permanent resident but nobody qualifies for this post)

my employer tried her best to convince lmia officer for 45 minutes but she couldn't. Finally we receive a negative lmia.

I'm in big confusion either to reapply again or not? Any suggession guys?

Anybody applied for cook LMIA On BC for the second time? Mine got refusal for the first time on specialty chef position, we're on process to re-apply.This time we're going to apply for cook, advertisement is already published, don't know what will happen this time!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know if Esdc or SC will make a problem if job bank ad is pending, my counsalten updated it but is taking more than 48 hours to be update and my LMIA is in process?

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LinaD said:
Does anybody know if Esdc or SC will make a problem if job bank ad is pending, my counsalten updated it but is taking more than 48 hours to be update and my LMIA is in process?
When mine was updated it took 3 days but SC did not ask for the ad as they have alraedy asked for the ongoing ad proof before the ad was expired!!!

But I read in the thread somewhere that it happened to somebody and SC was ok with that as they know creating a new profile take some time I guess!!

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
LinaD said:
Thank you ruby13
Hi everyone I am new here and I have some questions?

My perspective employer applied for LMIA (high-wage position) on 16 November, 2015, and has since had two phone conversations (to the employer they did not seem like interviews; i.e. he did not receive a formal invitation for an interview) with an ESDC officer. The officer expressed some doubt whether the offered wage is enough for the position for which the LMIA is being sought. Everything else appears to check out.

Are the two phone conversations usual? Do they increase or decrease my chances? Will the employer get a formal invitation to an interview? Could this one small problem with the wage which could be only slightly below the prevailing wage for this type of position be enough to sway the officer to issue negative LMIA?

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
krout said:

My perspective employer applied for LMIA (high-wage position) on 16 November, 2015, and has since had two phone conversations (to the employer they did not seem like interviews; i.e. he did not receive a formal invitation for an interview) with an ESDC officer. The officer expressed some doubt whether the offered wage is enough for the position for which the LMIA is being sought. Everything else appears to check out.

Are the two phone conversations usual? Do they increase or decrease my chances? Will the employer get a formal invitation to an interview? Could this one small problem with the wage which could be only slightly below the prevailing wage for this type of position be enough to sway the officer to issue negative LMIA?
Looks like it's part of the process, I suppose. My employer we not yet interviewed, but I think it's usually by phone. And they might make more than one contact, if they need clarification or additional information. But cheer up, at least they are doing a fast contact (4 weeks only). I'm going to the 15th week and no interview yet, just some additional documentation request.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
AlanKju said:
Looks like it's part of the process, I suppose. My employer we not yet interviewed, but I think it's usually by phone. And they might make more than one contact, if they need clarification or additional information. But cheer up, at least they are doing a fast contact (4 weeks only). I'm going to the 15th week and no interview yet, just some additional documentation request.
Me too. 15th week and just additional documents requested. My employer called to ESDC asking for updates and they just said it is in process.
They also said that it might take weeks until some officer get to the application again.

puru87

Nov 19, 2015

MINE GOT REJECTED AFTER THEY INTERVIEW COUPLE OF TIME WITH MY EMPLOYER, I BELIEVE IF THEY'VE ANY DOUBT THEY WILL INTERVIEW FOR COUPLE OF TIME. I'M APPLYING LMIA AGAIN AND IT'S ON ADVERTISING PROCESS! GOOD LUCK MATE!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that puru87. What noc was your application and what were the reason of rejected

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Funbox said:
Me too. 15th week and just additional documents requested. My employer called to ESDC asking for updates and they just said it is in process.
They also said that it might take weeks until some officer get to the application again.
Funbox, hope we'll meet in Alberta soon! Let's look at the bright side: with all the delays in LMIA and the additional weeks for WP, we'll skip this first winter! But now, seriously, SC Canada should be more continuous when dealing with the applications, I mean, it's ok (sort of) if they take time to start the process, but I think that once started, the process should be more straight forward.