Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
brl said:
It it a requirement by your employer to provide round trip air fair and was it mentioned in the job offer? thanks...
On LMIA it only states that they have to pay return flights. It says nothing about flights to Canada. So that's why I'm trying to find the cheapest flights.

I will look at lmia for exact wording.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Funbox said:
15th week waiting.

Applied on Sept 3, 2015
Additional Documents Sent on Nov 4, 2015
If it's like mine hopefully only 4 weeks left. Fingers crossed.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
It states this....

As this position falls under the stream of low wage the employer is responsible for payment of return airfare and recruitment costs. Ensuring availability of affordable housing/ living accommodation. Providing medical insurance, registering employees with WCB and provide on going efforts to hire a Canadian worker.

But when you read further down it does say that they are to pay transportation costs of TFW from country of residence or if inside Canda transportation costs to the new location

So I need to email now to clarify!!!!

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Congratulations Sunshine Girl! I have waited with bated breath. So happy for you. :) After a year of waiting i am looking forward to Christmas. I am moving in with GF this January 1st. Life's good. Good luck to all who are waiting.

Sunshinegirl_X said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED

YIPPEE.........

LMIA approval dated 19th Nov
Hairstylist Calgary.
Interview 18th Nov
Application submitted 10th July

19 weeks waiting

I thought it was St John's but it was actually Edmonton SC

brl

Jun 7, 2015
Sunshinegirl_X said:
It states this....

As this position falls under the stream of low wage the employer is responsible for payment of return airfare and recruitment costs. Ensuring availability of affordable housing/ living accommodation. Providing medical insurance, registering employees with WCB and provide on going efforts to hire a Canadian worker.

But when you read further down it does say that they are to pay transportation costs of TFW from country of residence or if inside Canda transportation costs to the new location

So I need to email now to clarify!!!!

I think they will reimburse the cost of air fare.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Funbox said:
15th week waiting.

Applied on Sept 3, 2015
Additional Documents Sent on Nov 4, 2015
Almost same as you. Applied on Sep, 10th, doc required Oct, 30th. Then silence. Dec, 1st they responded to my consultant that the additional documentos arrived and they would call the employers when the time comes. So that's around 13 weeks for me. Good or not, I just want any news!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox and AlanKju which province you applied, my is in Ontario

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 weeks passed after my employer had the interview. Haven't heard anything back.. I am just having so many negative vibes, just feeling like it will be refused!!!! So frustrated and waiting!!!!

patric

Nov 5, 2015
ruby13 said:
2 weeks passed after my employer had the interview. Haven't heard anything back.. I am just having so many negative vibes, just feeling like it will be refused!!!! So frustrated and waiting!!!!
Never give up! You will get the good news :)

RS93

Dec 1, 2015
hello frnds
Is there any difference of processing time for inland and outland applications.
Documents sent:eek:n 29th sep. 2015 to st. John's (inland applicant and its almost 2 years now working for same employer)
Interview call:20th oct.2015 and they asked to send additional docs. and employer sent everything on 23th oct. till now NO news from them should we expect any final call in this 11th Week.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
RS93 said:
hello frnds
Is there any difference of processing time for inland and outland applications.
Documents sent:eek:n 29th sep. 2015 to st. John's (inland applicant and its almost 2 years now working for same employer)
Interview call:20th oct.2015 and they asked to send additional docs. and employer sent everything on 23th oct. till now NO news from them should we expect any final call in this 11th Week.
Who applies for the LMIA is the employer, which means it will always be an application from inside Canada. The employee (candidate) location doesn't matter.
There are no standard time or any kind of statistics. It varies from each application. From what I've read recently, it seems that the average processing time is around 18-20 weeks.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
ruby13 said:
Don't give up! You will get good news. The governments are very slow, and at the end of the year we can expect this delay.
My employer is still waiting the freaking interview...

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
ruby13 said:
[/quote

Wow you not heard yet? Your interview was the day after mine. What did they say at the end of interview. They told mine they would hear by the end of the week and sent the answer the next day.
Sometimes they do more work then I've heard of a second interview call. What's your employer saying?
Fingers crossed you find out soon I feel your frustration.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Sunshinegirl_X said:
ruby13 said:
[/quote

Wow you not heard yet? Your interview was the day after mine. What did they say at the end of interview. They told mine they would hear by the end of the week and sent the answer the next day.
Sometimes they do more work then I've heard of a second interview call. What's your employer saying?
Fingers crossed you find out soon I feel your frustration.
This is kind of strange. All the comments about approved LMIA that I've seen they said in the interview that they would give an answer few days after. I guess it is not a really bad sign. If they were to refuse, they would have already sent a bad answer (but of course it is a guess).