ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maitresse8 said:
hello everyone i find this forum very interesting. i am currently in a process of submitting my lmia for noc code 6271 hair colour technician. i went to ontario this year and trained at an institute as a colour technician. i worked at a salon for 2 months one day a week, but then my visa was about to expire i had to go back to the uk. the salon has 2 locations in the york region and they desperatly need a colour techncian, they have advirtised on indeed, kijijiji, and even went to the hair school career fair and nobody was interested in applying except me. i would have to let the company advirtise on the job bank for at least 4 weeks. i do know on the lmia i have to provide evidence of ads. also inc prevailing wage

the salon has a labour and skills shortage.

i do have a few questions ....how long can it usually take, and is it considered low wage - skilled labour. its noc 6271 under hair stylist

all feedback would be greatly appreciated
Are you aware of the fact that ESDC doesn't accept kijiji ad for LMIA. Some people alreadt have issues because of that. Nothing negative but please go through the forum to find out more!!!!!

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittler83 said:
LMIA Approved :D :D :D :D :D

Applied- 23rd November
Additional documents request- 10th December
Approved-16th December
NOC- 0114 ( Fraud and Security Manager)
Province - Ontario
High Wage Stream

I was told by HR that we went through the expedited process. They have used a quite famous lawyer firm in Toronto.

Fortunately i am from a Visa exempt country, so I can get the work permit at the POE. I am flying to Toronto by the 2nd of January - Employer is covering for relocation expenses.

Happy Xmas to everyone!
Congratulations!!!!!!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybakerca said:
If you read their timeline, it took less than a month from start to finish.

Yeah I read it but two case in this forum as much as I read took less an two month for median wage, I read too that he/she said high wage, but my Lmia is more than median wage less than high wage.

@ Mittler 83 Have fun in Canada best country to live in.

mittler83

Sep 23, 2015
SarahNicole said:
How did they make sure you were put through ten day processing? My boyfriend's application was eligible but his work I don't know...it's been two weeks since they had to RESEND his application after waiting like 3 months and then SC saying they never received anything
According to different feedbacks received, there many elements they consider for the 10 days process:

- The reputation of the company (especially if they have applied for other LMIAs in the past and they always got a positive outcome)
- If the position is really strategical for the business and there is extreme urgency to have the FW to start asap (they actually proved that they been looking to fill the role since March 2015 but they could not find any Canadian or PR and there was someone from US office covering remotely the position but with very limited control)
- Lawyer firm seems to be really important - If they are good the process goes really smooth
- You gotta be lucky!

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
mittler83 said:
LMIA Approved :D :D :D :D :D

Applied- 23rd November
Additional documents request- 10th December
Approved-16th December
NOC- 0114 ( Fraud and Security Manager)
Province - Ontario
High Wage Stream

I was told by HR that we went through the expedited process. They have used a quite famous lawyer firm in Toronto.

Fortunately i am from a Visa exempt country, so I can get the work permit at the POE. I am flying to Toronto by the 2nd of January - Employer is covering for relocation expenses.

Happy Xmas to everyone!
All the best! Glad you made it to the 10-day express process. Seems it's not a legend, eh?
Mine was just a little below the pay cut. Still waiting for it, hoping to hear something this month.

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
All the best! Glad you made it to the 10-day express process. Seems it's not a legend, eh?
Mine was just a little below the pay cut. Still waiting for it, hoping to hear something this month.
Honest question, how did you know you were close to the pay cut for 10-day process? I just can't find that information anywhere. My last jobbank ad will expire on 8 Jan, when the company will apply for my LMIA as a senior software developer in Ontario (I currently work remotely for them).

Valeu irmão! :D

Note: If @mittler83 could share his rates with us, it would be utterly awesome!! ::) ::) ::)

redcar22

Dec 18, 2015
Hi, I have been a silent observer on this forum. Here is an update which may give you more information:

LMIA Approved .

St.Johns, Dual intent (work permit and PR support), outside Canada

Scientific programmer (2174)
Windsor, Ontario

Slightly above Median Wage
Advertised in 5 job sites (not in Kijjiji)

Application sent by Canada post on Nov 18 2015
Interview Nov 30th ( I don't know what questions were asked by the officer)
Approved date Dec 1st
Approval letter sent by mail on Dec 2nd, employer received it after 2 weeks via Canada post (no fax confirmation)

Please note that previous application was rejected because the pay was $1.20 less than the median wage for this position. Re-applied after 45 days after advertising etc.. and got approved the second time.

Good luck everyone!

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redcar22 said:
Hi, I have been a silent observer on this forum. Here is an update which may give you more information:

LMIA Approved .

Windsor, Ontario

Approved date Dec 1st
Approval letter sent by mail on Dec 2nd, employer received it after 2 weeks via Canada post (no fax confirmation)

Please note that previous application was rejected because the pay was $1.20 less than the median wage for this position. Re-applied after 45 days after advertising etc.. and got approved the second time.

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations man! That's exciting news for me since I'm applying as software engineer in Ontario province. May I ask you if your wage was higher than $35/h? (that's the wage I'm asking for my position)

Thank you and congratz again!

redcar22

Dec 18, 2015
yes, $35.10

You said "Software Engineer" which is 2173 and median is different than 2174. You may want to check it again. Your employee must meet the minimum pay requirements meant for that position.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redcar22 said:

LMIA Approved .

Windsor, Ontario

Approved date Dec 1st

Good luck everyone!

Congratulation, lucky you, do you have to apply for work permit ? My case is almost same like yours hope I will have the same luck

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redcar22 said:
Yes, I have to start the WP application process.
Many many congratulations!!!

Please update on your work permit application process as well. I am in the process of applying work permit as well otland!!!!!

mittler83

Sep 23, 2015
diaswrd said:
Honest question, how did you know you were close to the pay cut for 10-day process? I just can't find that information anywhere. My last jobbank ad will expire on 8 Jan, when the company will apply for my LMIA as a senior software developer in Ontario (I currently work remotely for them).

Valeu irmão! :D

Note: If @mittler83 could share his rates with us, it would be utterly awesome!! ::) ::) ::)

$43.58 :)

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redcar22 said:
yes, $35.10

You said "Software Engineer" which is 2173 and median is different than 2174. You may want to check it again. Your employee must meet the minimum pay requirements meant for that position.
Thank you! I tried the Canada Salary Calculator from canadavisa.com for 2173 and it shows me a median of $37, so I will try to negotiate with my employer to see if we can get above that value. Thanks for the info, you're the man!

EDIT: Just saw in jobbank the value of $43.27 for Ontario (NOC 2173). It's probably a more reliable source.

mittler83 said:
$43.58 Smiley
Thank you too mittler83!