AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Wow, guys I understand your concern about the additional waiting time for your WPs (starting my 18th week of waiting my LMIA today) and I feel very lucky I don't need a visa...

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
A_Sidhu said:
Friends if you have got LMIA or have applied for WP plz join our thread WORK PERMIT APPLICATIONS WITH LMIA IN INDIA .. Share your comments
Hehe, not everyone here's from India :)

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
No definitely not from India over here :p

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
So finally there is some activity on our LMIA application. SC has asked my employer for additional details which they are in the process of putting together. Also, I was made a new offer with increased pay to reflect the new median. I find when SC guide employers along like this it usually ends in a positive response so hopefully once they have this new info they will issue an approval.
This sounds positive news! Going on previous comments on hear it looks good and hopefully shouldn't be long! Have everything crossed for good news for you!

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
fredde587 said:
Just wondering what the normal processing time would be for a high waged job ( $28 ) in the oil fields in alberta? My employer sent in the application today what should I be expecting?
Applied for LMIA september 22. 2014. December 10. 2014 my boss made a call what's goin on. Got answer he will hear from them in 2 weeks. It's 16th week running with no answer.
Was wondering / hope , we have AINP application running and they considering both at once.

Think anyone it's possible ?

mah_jime

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys. just want to ask my sister and her employer already send application for lmia and waiting for the decision. but her permit will expire in less than a month. what she should do? im so worried for her..:(

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
mah_jime said:
hi guys. just want to ask my sister and her employer already send application for lmia and waiting for the decision. but her permit will expire in less than a month. what she should do? im so worried for her..:(
It's not that serious. She can apply for an extension of her work permit and include the LMIA file number with her application. Many person's have done this so its not a cause for alarm. One step at a time and hope for the best throughout.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
JuMo said:
Applied for LMIA september 22. 2014. December 10. 2014 my boss made a call what's goin on. Got answer he will hear from them in 2 weeks. It's 16th week running with no answer.
Was wondering / hope , we have AINP application running and they considering both at once.

Think anyone it's possible ?
Not sure what your question is but your LMIA and AINP are processed by separate agencies and one has nothing to do with the other as far as I know

mah_jime

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
It's not that serious. She can apply for an extension of her work permit and include the LMIA file number with her application. Many person's have done this so its not a cause for alarm. One step at a time and hope for the best throughout.
thank u. i am confused about implied and restoration status.. do u have idea how long they will process the lmia? they deduct the charged lastweek.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
mah_jime said:
thank u. i am confused about implied and restoration status.. do u have idea how long they will process the lmia? they deduct the charged lastweek.
No way to really say for sure. It's highly variable. Our fees were taken on the 17th of October and we are still waiting.

mah_jime

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
No way to really say for sure. It's highly variable. Our fees were taken on the 17th of October and we are still waiting.
im which province u applying from?

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
Not sure what your question is but your LMIA and AINP are processed by separate agencies and one has nothing to do with the other as far as I know
So, different agencies ok..got it.. 8) .. but why LMIA taking so long.. How come one can take up to 6 months and we're waiting 16th week. it's housekeeping and maintenance supervisor NOC 6215.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
JuMo said:
So, different agencies ok..got it.. 8) .. but why LMIA taking so long.. How come one can take up to 6 months and we're waiting 16th week. it's housekeeping and maintenance supervisor NOC 6215.
Different centres have different workloads and that's apart of it. Also when it's assigned to an agent that agent can go on vacation, get sick etc etc and the files just sits there or whatever. Who knows? It's just guessing on my part.

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Different centres have different workloads and that's apart of it. Also when it's assigned to an agent that agent can go on vacation, get sick etc etc and the files just sits there or whatever. Who knows? It's just guessing on my part.
I personally believe they just sit there and drink coffee and maybe look at a file per day or so, its not exactly rocket science what they are doing and the processing times could be reduced by 90% lol. They have 75% less LMIA applications now than what they had in 2013/2014.

All they have to do is check the wages/all the requirements met and everything is in order, I could probably myself put out 20-30 approved applications per day if I worked there.