+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Realben said:
Congrats to those who got their LMIA!! :) What a relief...
Some are definitely working in SC during holidays...
I had some news from my employer. SC lost in november the additional information they asked to my employer who, since, was trying to phone them to know what to do.
The woman in charge of my case finally phoned back on Monday, back from a 8 day-food poisoning leave, to ask again for the pieces of information they needed. She said that she would "release" my file to the next step as soon as she receive the documentation (wednesday). It shouldn't be long now...
Welcomed progress I would say Realben. Good luck.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
ButterflyChemist said:
Welcomed progress I would say Realben. Good luck.
Yep :)
I'm happy to hear from them at last!
It's been almost 4 months

sheykivanuel

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 Schedule A
Nomination.....
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-08-2015 To Ottawa
Med's Request
April 17, 2015
Med's Done....
upfront medical 17-04-2015, Received May 5
Passport Req..
October 8, 2015
OFF TOPIC,

Guys, I got my Bridiging Open Work Permit because I have submitted a PR application to CIC and my current WP will expire on Feb 19, 2015. Is it okay to move to other company, who is now waiting for LMIA for more than 4 months now, since I am an open wp holder? or should I wait for my PR first? They offer me relatively higher wage, better benefits and better working condition. I am a provincial nominee

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
sheykivanuel said:
OFF TOPIC,

Guys, I got my Bridiging Open Work Permit because I have submitted a PR application to CIC and my current WP will expire on Feb 19, 2015. Is it okay to move to other company, who is now waiting for LMIA for more than 4 months now, since I am an open wp holder? or should I wait for my PR first? They offer me relatively higher wage, better benefits and better working condition. I am a provincial nominee
If your current employer sponsored you for PR (under PNP) then probably you have to wait for PR, however I can't tell for sure.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Its been 14 weeks since application was submitted and 11 since payment was taken and file number issued. Still I wait. Sigh....I know some people have gone month after month without a result but I'm hoping that our result will come any day now. I'm tired of limbo

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Its been 14 weeks since application was submitted and 11 since payment was taken and file number issued. Still I wait. Sigh....I know some people have gone month after month without a result but I'm hoping that our result will come any day now. I'm tired of limbo

Have you talked to your employer to make sure no documents have been lost? Lately i've seen quite a lot of LMIAs being pretty quickly processed. And where is it being processed if you know?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fredde587 said:
Have you talked to your employer to make sure no documents have been lost? Lately i've seen quite a lot of LMIAs being pretty quickly processed. And where is it being processed if you know?
My employer gets a status update every Friday but they were closed from Christmas to new year so today is the first day back at work since Christmas eve. I don't know where its being processed because its for a permanent job in Manitoba which could be processed at the centre in New Brunswick (FSW) or if the regular TFW route is used it could be BC.

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
My employer gets a status update every Friday but they were closed from Christmas to new year so today is the first day back at work since Christmas eve. I don't know where its being processed because its for a permanent job in Manitoba which could be processed at the centre in New Brunswick (FSW) or if the regular TFW route is used it could be BC.
I really hope mine will be processed much faster otherwise Im not going to have a girlfriend anymore lol.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fredde587 said:
I really hope mine will be processed much faster otherwise Im not going to have a girlfriend anymore lol.
Oh no! We can't have that. But hey if she is willing to wait she's not the one. I'm sure it will all work out fine

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Oh no! We can't have that. But hey if she is willing to wait she's not the one. I'm sure it will all work out fine
Yeah, you're more than right, however long distance relationships are hard, ive only been away from her for a month though, my application should get prepped today unless something has changed which im not aware of, I also hope they arent too back logged after the holidays. Good luck to you I'm sure youre very very close to getting it, has the officer had an interview with your employer?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fredde587 said:
Yeah, you're more than right, however long distance relationships are hard, ive only been away from her for a month though, my application should get prepped today unless something has changed which im not aware of, I also hope they arent too back logged after the holidays. Good luck to you I'm sure youre very very close to getting it, has the officer had an interview with your employer?
I have not been informed of any interview. They keep me fairly well informed and I try not to be too pushy because the entire process is as tedious to them as it is to me and I'm grateful for their investment because with all the money on time involved on their end it really is an investment.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
I have not been informed of any interview. They keep me fairly well informed and I try not to be too pushy because the entire process is as tedious to them as it is to me and I'm grateful for their investment because with all the money on time involved on their end it really is an investment.
So finally there is some activity on our LMIA application. SC has asked my employer for additional details which they are in the process of putting together. Also, I was made a new offer with increased pay to reflect the new median. I find when SC guide employers along like this it usually ends in a positive response so hopefully once they have this new info they will issue an approval.

arife86

Oct 13, 2014
Hello all,

This is my 16th week, I'm getting really anxious about this process, I haven't had any contact from my employer or consultant since before Christmas, I'm going to ask them if they have any update.

After LMIA is approved, I have to get a Temporary Visa since I'm from a country that needs to get one, so the wait will be for another one month maybe :-[

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
arife86 said:
Hello all,

This is my 16th week, I'm getting really anxious about this process, I haven't had any contact from my employer or consultant since before Christmas, I'm going to ask them if they have any update.

After LMIA is approved, I have to get a Temporary Visa since I'm from a country that needs to get one, so the wait will be for another one month maybe :-[
In the event of LMIA approval I too would need a TRV and processing time is 2 months so I understand perfectly.

A_Sidhu

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
FST
Visa Office......
India
Friends if you have got LMIA or have applied for WP plz join our thread WORK PERMIT APPLICATIONS WITH LMIA IN INDIA .. Share your comments