Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in week 15 now. I got an update from my employer yesterday. She is expecting result in January end or Feb first week, as SC had requested information again in Nov. They had lost all the information which was sent with application on 1st Sep. Another month wait........I am not expecting anything until first week of Feb.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
fastfood said:
I am in week 15 now. I got an update from my employer yesterday. She is expecting result in January end or Feb first week, as SC had requested information again in Nov. They had lost all the information which was sent with application on 1st Sep. Another month wait........I am not expecting anything until first week of Feb.
Gosh it just goes on and on, I wonder if we'll get answer March! As our app went in month after yours!

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
BritRam said:
Some good news guys, my LMIA has been approved today!! SC said we would have a decision this week and they were right :)

The only thing was there was a typo in the LMIA where it says 4 months when it's actually for 24 months so that is being amended.

For those that will ask, my timeline was.

LMIA first applied for on Aug 22nd (Ontario)
After a few rejections for incomplete paperwork, Oct 7th we got the file number and the application fee was charged
Approved today Dec 19th

Good luck to you all waiting!
Congrats!

Also waiting for an LMIA on NOC 7271 here, but for Mississauga. Was yours for a TWP+PR or PR only? Mine is for PR only(processed at St John's) and I've been waiting for 29 weeks now!

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Kate8kate0 said:
Had an update from our lovely employer yesterday, Service Canada requested more information,, oh I hope this means we'll get a positive :-( I know vague but any ideas guys?
Unfortunately I fear there's nothing to be done. If I may give you an advice, ask your employer to follow up CLOSELY those additional information they sent. SC lost all additional documentation my employer sent...

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kate8kate0 said:
Gosh it just goes on and on, I wonder if we'll get answer March! As our app went in month after yours!
Yes, we cant do anything. We will just have to wait until we hear something from them. My actual LMIA process started in July this time. This took 2 months to get provincial certificate (For Manitoba) and now already 4 months going to complete for the Federal part. So already 6 months done.

Already wasted more than 6 months in the last lmo which was cancelled due to moratorium. Still hoping that one day I will hear something good..lol

Still longg way to go..

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Realben said:
Unfortunately I fear there's nothing to be done. If I may give you an advice, ask your employer to follow up CLOSELY those additional information they sent. SC lost all additional documentation my employer sent...
Yes I know, I kind of feel out of place asking employer too much! Lol I'm just hoping he is doing everything right.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
fastfood said:
Yes, we cant do anything. We will just have to wait until we hear something from them. My actual LMIA process started in July this time. This took 2 months to get provincial certificate (For Manitoba) and now already 4 months going to complete for the Federal part. So already 6 months done.

Already wasted more than 6 months in the last lmo which was cancelled due to moratorium. Still hoping that one day I will hear something good..lol

Still longg way to go..
Yes after the moratorium things just got totally clogged up I feel, I just hope hope hope my employer knows what is doing with all the new forms and changes etc and things go smoothly!

To Add: please God!! :-(

Ashish76

Dec 29, 2014
Alright people let me share my experience with you guys on the whole process of work permit and lmia.
My company applied for my visa on the 11th of September and after long and insane wait of 12 weeks :eek: I recieved my LMIA approval. Then i applied for my work permit on line as i am in Canada on a work permit with another company. The day i applied for WP the wait was around 15 days according to CIC website which went up to 21 days and couple of days later it was showing around 40 days and this point I was literally pulling my hair!!! :eek: then after waiting for 35 days on friday evening i recieved an email from CIC to check my account and walla i got my approval 8)
NOC - 2171
Job title Senior ERP consultant SAP
LMIA Apply date - 11 September 2014
Approval date - 7 November 2014
WP Application date - 13th November 2014
Wp Aaproval date - 19th December 2014
keep faith guys If your employer is good and the job is real you will be working soon.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
I'm starting to lose faith. 16th week today. SC lost the 2nd batch of papers sent by my employer.
My employer calls every day leaving urgent messages for someone to call back in order to address the problem but nobody calls back and nobody can give information.
I'm more in a desperate mode than a faith mode right now... :-(
If I still have no lmia in January, I'll give up.

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
Ashish76 said:
Alright people let me share my experience with you guys on the whole process of work permit and lmia.
My company applied for my visa on the 11th of September and after long and insane wait of 12 weeks :eek: I recieved my LMIA approval. Then i applied for my work permit on line as i am in Canada on a work permit with another company. The day i applied for WP the wait was around 15 days according to CIC website which went up to 21 days and couple of days later it was showing around 40 days and this point I was literally pulling my hair!!! :eek: then after waiting for 35 days on friday evening i recieved an email from CIC to check my account and walla i got my approval 8)
NOC - 2171
keep faith guys If your employer is good and the job is real you will be working soon.
Congratulations!! thats awesome! a good yearend news :) which province are ya?

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
Kate8kate0 said:
Good news! We got our Lmia approval this morning from lovely employer, want to hug him right now!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeek! :)
Wow thats very nice new year for ya :) hope everyone of us here have the same positive result :) wohooo!!
Kate can you please share your timeline agaian and which province? thanks and congratulatins!! happy holidays!

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Jovie said:
Wow thats very nice new year for ya :) hope everyone of us here have the same positive result :) wohooo!!
Kate can you please share your timeline agaian and which province? thanks and congratulatins!! happy holidays!
Thanks so much jovie, yes brilliant timing for new year!!! Keep the faith guys you'll get there for sure, magic is coming!

It's trucking
Alberta
App went in October 1st
Result today!!! :) xx

adal_abade

Dec 17, 2014
Ashish76 said:
NOC - 2171
Hi Anish, I work with SAP as well, how can we get in touch?

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
Kate8kate0 said:
Thanks so much jovie, yes brilliant timing for new year!!! Keep the faith guys you'll get there for sure, magic is coming!

It's trucking
Alberta
App went in October 1st
Result today!!! :) xx
Kate we have the same timeline (mine was Oct 2 - Saskatchewan) I am very happy for you, now you can relax and start your work permit stuffs.. Hoping the best for 2015 too am still waiting for my own lucky time.. Cheers Kate!