+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
Hi people's,

So I had a minor update on my process, pretty much saying a decision will be made by mid jan!
So understandably they will shut over the silly season.

Noc 2232
Filed 22/10/14
Received 30/10/14
File ## 12/11/14
Office - bloody BC!!

Butterflychemist - i seen your post regarding transition plan, I can't quite give an accurate answer, but in my submission I believe as part of the transition plan was that they were going to help with PR as well as utilise my skills to train students in an engineering field. It was also mentioned that my skill set was to be passed onto Canadian employees plus certain types of qualifications I had have not been recognised in the country and they seen a need for myself to train and implement this. so I guess that forms part of the transition plan to PR. Look I could have gone completely of topic but that's the best I have...I wasn't aware though this gives more chance of a positve lmia? That's news to me :) but fingers X'd, anything can happen these days. Up to the case worker assigned I guess. Need anything just PM me :)

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
Some good news guys, my LMIA has been approved today!! SC said we would have a decision this week and they were right :)

The only thing was there was a typo in the LMIA where it says 4 months when it's actually for 24 months so that is being amended.

For those that will ask, my timeline was.

LMIA first applied for on Aug 22nd (Ontario)
After a few rejections for incomplete paperwork, Oct 7th we got the file number and the application fee was charged
Approved today Dec 19th

Good luck to you all waiting!

Waiting4

Oct 7, 2014
BritRam said:
Some good news guys, my LMIA has been approved today!! SC said we would have a decision this week and they were right :)

The only thing was there was a typo in the LMIA where it says 4 months when it's actually for 24 months so that is being amended.

After a few rejections for incomplete paperwork, Oct 7th we got the file number and the application fee was charged
Approved today Dec 19th

What is your NOC Code?

Waiting4

Oct 7, 2014
BritRam said:

Approved today Dec 19th

And also how did you hear the response by fax or Email?

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
BritRam said:

Approved today Dec 19th

Congratulation BritRam!
What's your NOC and where in Ontario?

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
BritRam said:

Approved today Dec 19th

Yes!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
dotpat17 said:
Hi people's,

So I had a minor update on my process, pretty much saying a decision will be made by mid jan!
So understandably they will shut over the silly season.

Noc 2232
Filed 22/10/14
Received 30/10/14
File ## 12/11/14
Office - bloody BC!!

Butterflychemist - i seen your post regarding transition plan, I can't quite give an accurate answer, but in my submission I believe as part of the transition plan was that they were going to help with PR as well as utilise my skills to train students in an engineering field. It was also mentioned that my skill set was to be passed onto Canadian employees plus certain types of qualifications I had have not been recognised in the country and they seen a need for myself to train and implement this. so I guess that forms part of the transition plan to PR. Look I could have gone completely of topic but that's the best I have...I wasn't aware though this gives more chance of a positve lmia? That's news to me :) but fingers X'd, anything can happen these days. Up to the case worker assigned I guess. Need anything just PM me :)
I never intended to imply that a transition plan will lead to a positive LMIA. In the particular instance the employers were asked to submit one which I believe can be viewed in a positive light. I mean why ask for one if the application as is would be rejected? Of course you never know but under the particular circumstance it seemed like a good assumption.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
BritRam said:

Approved today Dec 19th

Congrats BritRam!

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Kate8kate0 said:
Is anyone on here truckers? Or heard of trucking companies getting lmias? :)
I think someone mentioned their employer who applied for 30 driver LMIAs and got 5 approved eventually...

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Realben said:
I think someone mentioned their employer who applied for 30 driver LMIAs and got 5 approved eventually...
Oh cool, our employers are small company's so hopefully we'll be ok, our name on Lmia too Thanks mate :)

Rahul77

Feb 3, 2012
my lmia dual lmia...so i have to apply for work permit or i can apply directly for immigration as i do have implied status now so i cant apply for work permit from here and in my home country it usually take around 4 months to process my work permit....where as in express entry i do have opportunity to get pr in 3-4 months as i do already have medical done and police clearance and all...