+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
anarsoul said:
You can't. Others do it indirectly, through HR or lawyers.
Ah thankyou anarsoul.

I have another question please to you all if I may.

Our employer told us he's going to put our name on the Lmia, is this indicative of him being at the beginning of the application or halfway through maybe? What stage is name added? Thank you

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kate8kate0 said:
Ah thankyou anarsoul.

I have another question please to you all if I may.

Our employer told us he's going to put our name on the Lmia, is this indicative of him being at the beginning of the application or halfway through maybe? What stage is name added? Thank you
If he said he needs the name then this is the last stage ;) Good Luck!

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patricio said:
hello. does anyone have an idea of how long is the processing time for a low skilled worker?My new employer told me that they applied for my LMIA last SEPTEMBER 25 and I follow up this week and still told me that still waiting for it. Thank You. :)
Hi Patricio. For which province is it ?

helpless_guy

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
  • NOC code: 2171 (Quebec Province)
    wage: 33$/hour
    23rd September: LMIA application filed
    28th September: Amount Charged and file number received
    October 23: ERDC asked for resubmitting the form (as original form was a scanned one with my signature)
    Current status: 7th week running with no sign of positive outcome

The salary offered by my employer 60k is just below the median 63k for the NOC code. not sure whether they's pass it or not?

Anyone at similar stage? I found @fswaspirant with same code. any updates on your case?

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
@helpless_guy: Thats true. My NOC code is 2171 for BC. LMIA was applied end of august. I have no news till now. Attorney just says "No update". I dont even know if its reached any intermediate state, if the CIC has picked up for processing at all etc..

helpless_guy

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
@fswaspirant i had checked with the plenty of attorneys before LMIA was filed here in Quebec and they said the average time is 2-6 months. Your employer could speeden up things by constantly following-up but when you have someone sponsoring you already its again too much to ask for. But if they have paid the LMIA processing fees for you I guess they are quite serious on having you onboard. So ask them to keep following-up with the company.

Another problem I have is the salary offered to me i.e. 60k (33$/hr) is just less than the median 63k (35$/hr). So I'm afraid they might return back the application. how much has your employer offered you ?

GregJ1989

Oct 29, 2014
Hey Guys,

So regarding my other post.

My boss received a call from Service Canada this morning.
After 9 months, they have processed the payment and are sending it to a officer for review ASAP. (Her words.)

This a good thing?

Thanks a lot

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Correct. IECs are different from other work permits. They don't benefit from implied status. So you have to stop working as soon as your IEC expires if you don't have a new work permit already approved.
Hi there,

Could you please tell me how do you enter the below information in forum ? I want to learn how I can record my progress here.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Buffalo
App. Filed.......: 28-05-2010
AOR Received.: 19-08-2010
File Transfer...: 28-06-2010
Passport Req..: 01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...: 05-10-2010
LANDED..........: 05-10-2010

Laraine

Feb 5, 2013
Guys, question. So my brother-in-law's WP expired last oct 13 but prior to that he submitted an application for WP extension lmia pending since he already has a file number. But this week, the employer received a notice that the lmia was refused. So should my brother-in-law stop working and should they forward the notice to the cic? Or should he just wait for the cic to inform him that his wp extension application was refused?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Laraine said:
Guys, question. So my brother-in-law's WP expired last oct 13 but prior to that he submitted an application for WP extension lmia pending since he already has a file number. But this week, the employer received a notice that the lmia was refused. So should my brother-in-law stop working and should they forward the notice to the cic? Or should he just wait for the cic to inform him that his wp extension application was refused?

Sorry to hear that. As per my knowledge the CIC would automatically know if the LMIA has been refused. ( If you have given the file number along with the work permit application). Or else i believe he can wait till the CIC decision and then stop working

DO you mind sharing what province, noc and the reason for rejection? Would be really helpful. Thanks

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
@helpless_guy: I think mine is above median wage, but not sure. Where can i check?

I had a question to the forum. When you are in a stage where work permit is expiring, but PR is under process, do you still need to get a new LMIA? I had read that there is something called bridge work permit which can be applied when you are in PR is in process & wp is about to expire. Is the bwp still exist (article i read was dated 2012, so not sure if it still exists)?

Laraine

Feb 5, 2013
prashanthbv said:
Sorry to hear that. As per my knowledge the CIC would automatically know if the LMIA has been refused. ( If you have given the file number along with the work permit application). Or else i believe he can wait till the CIC decision and then stop working

DO you mind sharing what province, noc and the reason for rejection? Would be really helpful. Thanks
Not sure about the NOC though. It is FCA in AB and the reason is that the salary of the tfw should be lowerthan the salary of the Canadian workers which is confusing given that we recently had the moratorium on the food service sector. Didn't they state that the salaries, whether local or tfw, should be equal since paying lower wages to the tfw is also a form of abuse. I dunno it is so confusing. I think it is one of those we-dont-want-to-give-you-an-lmia reasons. @.@

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Laraine said:
Not sure about the NOC though. It is FCA in AB and the reason is that the salary of the tfw should be lowerthan the salary of the Canadian workers which is confusing given that we recently had the moratorium on the food service sector. Didn't they state that the salaries, whether local or tfw, should be equal since paying lower wages to the tfw is also a form of abuse. I dunno it is so confusing. I think it is one of those we-dont-want-to-give-you-an-lmia reasons. @ . @
The LMIA was refused because the salary was higher than the Canadians that work in the same place, doing the same job? Wow - that's unbelievable given the changes, like you say. I'm sorry to hear that.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
britinvancouver said:
The LMIA was refused because the salary was higher than the Canadians that work in the same place, doing the same job? Wow - that's unbelievable given the changes, like you say. I'm sorry to hear that.
Yeah, that's a load of BS from SC