+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
jaybakerca said:
They always give you the maximum amount of time it can take, wont necessarily take that long.

Can you imagine the uproar if Service Canada were going around telling people it will take 1-2 weeks.

Week 3 they would be fielding hundreds of calls from people wanting an update.

If they give the maximum amount of time it gives SC a large window to work with.

And if you get it before those 8 weeks..

BONUS
I'm really surprised that there're canadian employers who's willing to wait that long... 1month of advertising, 2+months for LMIA, 2+months for WP...

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
jaybakerca said:
They always give you the maximum amount of time it can take, wont necessarily take that long.

Can you imagine the uproar if Service Canada were going around telling people it will take 1-2 weeks.

Week 3 they would be fielding hundreds of calls from people wanting an update.

If they give the maximum amount of time it gives SC a large window to work with.

And if you get it before those 8 weeks..

BONUS

Agree with you. Lets see when is it gonna be eventually. Have booked my tickets to visit home at the end of December. Looks like gotta postpone/cancel that. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Ouch man, that sucks about your planned trip home.

Yeah, had i known it would have taken this long i would have gone back to England for a month and stayed with friends and family while the details were being hammered out but didn't think it would take this long back in September.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
jaybakerca said:
Ouch man, that sucks about your planned trip home.

Yeah, had i known it would have taken this long i would have gone back to England for a month and stayed with friends and family while the details were being hammered out but didn't think it would take this long back in September.
But thats the risk right , cannot go out of Canada during the restoration period

helpless_guy

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
Hi All. I'm an IT engineer with 7+ years of experience in IT. I had been offered a job as an IT consultant with wages 33$/hr in Montreal, Quebec and the employer has filed for the LMO on September 23th 2014 under NOC code 2171. For LMIA application in Quebec, the approval must be given from Quebec government as well as Federal government. I am already in Montreal and working for another employer with one more year for my work permit to lapse. I had hired an attorney who informed me that the processing time should be less than a month but even after a month there doesn't seem to be a sigh of relief. Each day appears difficult to pass by and not sure how much time it is going to take. With the changes in the LMIA regulations (hike in LMO fees and increased forms) the processing times were expected to become lower but this doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone who has received their LMO applications in Quebec?

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hello all. Husband trucking employer said he has received the schedule to apply for lmia , this was October 1st and he hopes to receive LMIA by end of October. He has put his name on it, but I have rung service canada to be told that only the employer can check its progress. Can anybody kindly give me some information to try and check the progress?

Thanking you

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
As I had written earlier, waiting for LMIA since 2+ months - BC 2171. Any thoughts, from folks who have an approved lmia, how long do they give the LMIA for - 1 year? 2 years?

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
fswaspirant said:
As I had written earlier, waiting for LMIA since 2+ months - BC 2171. Any thoughts, from folks who have an approved lmia, how long do they give the LMIA for - 1 year? 2 years?
Below median wage will be given 1 year and above median wage usually 2 years I've noticed.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Kate8kate0 said:
Hello all. Husband trucking employer said he has received the schedule to apply for lmia , this was October 1st and he hopes to receive LMIA by end of October. He has put his name on it, but I have rung service canada to be told that only the employer can check its progress. Can anybody kindly give me some information to try and check the progress?

Thanking you
The only schedule i am aware of is the schedule c transition plan.

This is what your employer or your husbands in this case have to fill in to show how that employer is going to try and hire canadians for future positions and the training involved and any work needed.

perhaps i'm wrong though.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
jaybakerca said:
So it would seem.

I'll not hold my breath on that until January though to be honest, which will probably get delayed and their website will crash and not work for months...

I've lost all faith in service Canada and cic and the lot of it.
Hi Jay - I feel you. I have not been working since August and I am still waiting for my work permit extension which I submitted online.

My work experience may just be 1 day shy of a year, but it depends on how it is interpreted. If a VO think it is just an hour shy, I'm doomed. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.

When I applied to extend my work permit, I continued to work under implied status, and from what I heard, sometimes the VO will consider working under implied status as legitimate work experience. So maybe you can chalk up the time that way? But maybe look more into it and see as I am not an expert, but just sharing my own experience. Best of luck to us all!

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK update on my case. As I said before, top 10% salary, so should be turned around within 10 days and my company applied on the 29th of July. Lawyers called, and its not been assigned to file worker yet. This is crazy

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
ScottoCanada said:
OK update on my case. As I said before, top 10% salary, so should be turned around within 10 days and my company applied on the 29th of July. Lawyers called, and its not been assigned to file worker yet. This is crazy

I can just see the SC office,

Theres 4 employees and 3-4 massive air turbine fan kinda things and they just grab as many files as they can and throw them in the air and then they see how many they can catch, then they go for lunch, tidy up, re-arrange everything and then go home

then do the same again the next day.

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybakerca said:
I can just see the SC office,

Theres 4 employees and 3-4 massive air turbine fan kinda things and they just grab as many files as they can and throw them in the air and then they see how many they can catch, then they go for lunch, tidy up, re-arrange everything and then go home

then do the same again the next day.
LOVE THIS...IT IS ACTUALLY WHAT IT FEELS LIKE AT THE MOMENT