+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
ScottoCanada said:
LOVE THIS...IT IS ACTUALLY WHAT IT FEELS LIKE AT THE MOMENT

Has anyone actually gotten a LMIA via the new process (not LMO), including the 10 day processing for high wage as of yet? I'd assume once a person got one, they may just ditch this thread, but if someone has what are the actual timelines. Clearly the 10 ten processing is not occurring. As it seems myself and several others are well within the bounds. My employer is fairly ticked he paid 1000 and this is the level of service he gets.

On an unrelated note, I am also an inland spousal Feb 2014 applicant and since my application was received the wait time has jumped 6 months without explanation. I really wish the SC and CIC simply did what they advertised so people could plan their lives accordingly. On the LMIA, if it really takes 8 weeks, or even 4 months, then so be it, but be clear. Oh wel. Keep you posted on my progress.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
jaybakerca said:
I can just see the SC office,

Theres 4 employees and 3-4 massive air turbine fan kinda things and they just grab as many files as they can and throw them in the air and then they see how many they can catch, then they go for lunch, tidy up, re-arrange everything and then go home

then do the same again the next day.

Lol thats hillarious Jay.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
crmalone44 said:
Has anyone actually gotten a LMIA via the new process (not LMO), including the 10 day processing for high wage as of yet? I'd assume once a person got one, they may just ditch this thread, but if someone has what are the actual timelines. Clearly the 10 ten processing is not occurring. As it seems myself and several others are well within the bounds. My employer is fairly ticked he paid 1000 and this is the level of service he gets.

On an unrelated note, I am also an inland spousal Feb 2014 applicant and since my application was received the wait time has jumped 6 months without explanation. I really wish the SC and CIC simply did what they advertised so people could plan their lives accordingly. On the LMIA, if it really takes 8 weeks, or even 4 months, then so be it, but be clear. Oh wel. Keep you posted on my progress.

I have seen 4-5 confirmed LMIA's. One was approved in 13 days. No idea how as it wasn't high wage. Then I've seen one in Alberta take around 2 months. Give or take a week..

One in BC for food service supervisor... About 3 months...

We will probably get all ours approved the same day and all be happy

GregJ1989

Oct 29, 2014
Hey Guys

If someone could tell me if this is correct.

Im NOC 0512 (Associate Producer - Stage and Theatre). Wage is $41/Hour. Based in Ontario.
I sent in my application on the 27 March.
Received nothing for months.

01 September i was notified that the process had now changed to LMIA (as of June). I thought this was weird since my application had been submitted in March (way before the LMIA change). Lawyer advised that i need to fill out LMIA forms and submit them. At this stage, the lawyer advised that he is dealing directly with the Senior Manager at
the applicable office.

Also - because this LMIA is only for 6 months, we were not requested to advertise the position.

on the 15 of September we were notified that the application had been thrown out due to it being incomplete. Reasons: Needed a transition plan for the position / No proof of recruiting was submitted.

The lawyer then spoke to the officer who advised that since this was in Film and Entertainment he would waive the recruitment requirement. But we would still need to submit a transition plan.

A week later - we were informed that the forms had changed again. We resubmitted. Now we still waiting.

Is 30 weeks of processing for a job that is only going to be 6 months long sound right? Is the lawyer just useless or is Ontario really just taking their time with LMIA?

Could something shed some light - because this is becoming ridiculous.

Thanks a lot

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
GregJ1989 said:
Hey Guys

If someone could tell me if this is correct.

Im NOC 0512 (Associate Producer - Stage and Theatre). Wage is $41/Hour. Based in Ontario.
I sent in my application on the 27 March.
Received nothing for months.

01 September i was notified that the process had now changed to LMIA (as of June). I thought this was weird since my application had been submitted in March (way before the LMIA change). Lawyer advised that i need to fill out LMIA forms and submit them. At this stage, the lawyer advised that he is dealing directly with the Senior Manager at
the applicable office.

Also - because this LMIA is only for 6 months, we were not requested to advertise the position.

on the 15 of September we were notified that the application had been thrown out due to it being incomplete. Reasons: Needed a transition plan for the position / No proof of recruiting was submitted.

The lawyer then spoke to the officer who advised that since this was in Film and Entertainment he would waive the recruitment requirement. But we would still need to submit a transition plan.

A week later - we were informed that the forms had changed again. We resubmitted. Now we still waiting.

Is 30 weeks of processing for a job that is only going to be 6 months long sound right? Is the lawyer just useless or is Ontario really just taking their time with LMIA?

Could something shed some light - because this is becoming ridiculous.

Thanks a lot

Ahh these lawyers man. I wonder if they would ever be useful. My lawyer screwed up my application .

1) Since you have already submitted in March, i have no idea why did they even wait till the LMO changed to LMIA. I have a friend whose company applied for LMO in April and got it by end of MAY.

2) Advertising is not at all required for your position. So obviously not even the recruitment and stuff need to be shown. Check this link. http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/variations.shtml

3) Since your position is only for 6 months, Transition plan is not required. It is clearly mentioned in the transition plan the position is less that 12 months , you can ask for the Transition plan exemption

Employers applying for an opinion may be exempt if they are hiring TFWs for positions with a limited duration, which means – the job is
time-limited and will no longer exist after the TFW leaves. The employment duration can be:
• 1 to 120 days (e.g. emergency or warranty work); OR
• more than 120 days to a maximum of 2 years (e.g. non-recurring project-based positions)

4) Since all this crap is past and you have submitted the application again, this time you can stay a bit positive as the forms have last changed on 18th sept . So most of the applications submitted after that are being considered.

5) Lesson learnt .DO not depend on the lawyer totally, they just screw it up. It is always good to read the whole form by yourself thoroughly before your employer/lawyer submits it. Blunders can be avoided. I should have done that long back. My application has be returned three times saying incomplete form. It only got accepted when my employer got rid of the lawyer.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Immigration lawyers are a waste of time.

These are the same immigration lawyers that say you can extend your WHV and have implied status throughout.....

My advice, ditch the lawyer.

calgarypr

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015
Hi, did anyone have a problem with Service Canada postponing the interview again and again. For some reason they have promised HR person in my company that they will process my LMIA soon and they did it two times already. Looks like everything is in order with a documents and the company applied on August 14, 2014 for my LMIA.
Thanks,

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
calgarypr said:
Hi, did anyone have a problem with Service Canada postponing the interview again and again. For some reason they have promised HR person in my company that they will process my LMIA soon and they did it two times already. Looks like everything is in order with a documents and the company applied on August 14, 2014 for my LMIA.
Thanks,
Postponing interview? not sure what you mean by that.

calgarypr

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015
They have to do an interview with HR in my company so they can confirm that my company did everything they can to hire Canadian worker. HR in my company called them couple of times and every time they told them that my application is in queue and that it will be processed soon (like next week).

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
calgarypr said:
They have to do an interview with HR in my company so they can confirm that my company did everything they can to hire Canadian worker. HR in my company called them couple of times and every time they told them that my application is in queue and that it will be processed soon (like next week).
Ahhhh, that conversation.

Did you employer complete the schedule c transition plan?

calgarypr

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015
jaybakerca said:
Ahhhh, that conversation.

Did you employer complete the schedule c transition plan?
Yep, they did. Actually they did it like 6 weeks ago.

patricio

Oct 29, 2014
hello. does anyone have an idea of how long is the processing time for a low skilled worker?My new employer told me that they applied for my LMIA last SEPTEMBER 25 and I follow up this week and still told me that still waiting for it. Thank You. :)

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Luck Patricio, I applied on the 29th of July! They are taking a hellishly long time...

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
jaybakerca said:
The only schedule i am aware of is the schedule c transition plan.

This is what your employer or your husbands in this case have to fill in to show how that employer is going to try and hire canadians for future positions and the training involved and any work needed.

perhaps i'm wrong though.

Thank you jaybakerca , I'm also wonder if I can call sc to track progress as my husbands name on it? I called service Canada but they said only employer can, but I'm reading of others doing it?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Kate8kate0 said:
Thank you jaybakerca , I'm also wonder if I can call sc to track progress as my husbands name on it? I called service Canada but they said only employer can, but I'm reading of others doing it?
You can't. Others do it indirectly, through HR or lawyers.