+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Dual Intent LMIA lets you apply for Work Permit and also lets you claim points for PR application.
From what I have seen, people within Canada already working may want to get PR only LMIA but it may be useful in your case as well.
Did you find an Employer who gave you a job offer ?
Not yet, but found some employers willing to work on getting me a LMIA.

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Applied LMIA end of August 2018, and today still no result, been waiting for months now. :(
From what I have seen on this forum, different province have different timelines for processing although all cases go to ESDC. I remember someone from Ontario and their case filed in Sept 2018 was processed/approved last week.
Does anyone know more about province wise backlog ?
We are in Ontario, filed in Nov 2018 and no file number as yet. Employer filed service request for followup , spoke to Employer helpline but no updates, they always give standard reply : no updates yet.

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
LMIA dual intent
Process filled 6 Dec, 18
NOC 0
Ontario

Waiting.... employer lawyer prediction - “in the next few weeks”!

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Did anyone apply for LMIA in February in St John? Have you gotten a file number? Please share it here. I am now feeling their reception is not reliable, even though I have the successful transmission report from the fax.

guiaramos

Sep 26, 2018
Hi there!
I would like to share my timeline and ask my doubt:

NOC: 1221
Location; Vancouver BC

Date of apply: July, 1 2018
Interview: Feb, 11 2019
Result: waiting

The interview was "negative" in terms of officer replies... He kept saying "your documents are OK, but the unemployment rate for this NOC is high.. I want to encourage you to hire Canadians" my employer has already an approved LMIA for this position one year ago and the documents are ok, but we expect to be rejected...

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the letter or call or email of rejection/approve? Can someone share similar experience?

Thanks!

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Hi guys..here's my LMIA timeline

Application sent: September 20th 2018
Province: AB
NOC Code: 6313
File Number received: October 2nd 2018
Interview on: January 29th 2019
LMIA Approval: February 05th 2019

All the best