+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hi , yes dual intent Application went to St John. what is your NOC
Hi,

My NOC 3131. I am eligible for the 10-day fast process (if they are still keeping the promise).

My employer faxed the application to the St. John office again because we are not sure whether the Vancouver office has forwarded our application to St. John. They haven't charged the fee nor given us an update.

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

My NOC 3131. I am eligible for the 10-day fast process (if they are still keeping the promise).

My employer faxed the application to the St. John office again because we are not sure whether the Vancouver office has forwarded our application to St. John. They haven't charged the fee nor given us an update.
If you do not mind, can you tell if NOC code is deciding factor for 10 day processing ?
Is there a way Employer can file for 1- day processing instead of many months processing, what is the eligibility criteria ?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
If LMIA is approved, will the employer get the approval number in the email? Do I have to attach a copy of approval letter when I apply for a work permit, or the number is enough?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016

omidsadiq

Dec 9, 2018
Hi guys

Is it possible that the employer get the interview without prior notice. I mean is it possible that service Canada calls the employer and tell him that we will call you in 10 minutes and asks lots of questions about the LMIA application.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
I have seen folks saying dual intent LMIA , PR LMIA. Whats the difference?
I'm trying to find a job in Canada from outside and hoping to get through LMIA and a work permit, and get 50 points for my Express entry profile which eventually would lead me into getting ITA. Are LMIAs different for different reason? Do I have to inform the future employer about any specific type of LMIA to be applied?
I want a LMIA that gives me work permit and 50 points to Expres entry profile.

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I'm trying to find a job in Canada from outside and hoping to get through LMIA and a work permit, and get 50 points for my Express entry profile which eventually would lead me into getting ITA. Are LMIAs different for different reason? Do I have to inform the future employer about any specific type of LMIA to be applied?
Dual Intent LMIA lets you apply for Work Permit and also lets you claim points for PR application.
From what I have seen, people within Canada already working may want to get PR only LMIA but it may be useful in your case as well.
Did you find an Employer who gave you a job offer ?

Reactions: h1b2pr

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Dual intent application provides you a chance to apply for a work permit before getting PR. So from what you mentioned, you will be applying for dual intent LMIA. Unless you and your employer agree to start working after getting PR, you can apply PR LMIA, which does not include $1000 application fee.

Reactions: h1b2pr

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Does anyone have an update form ESDC?
My employer checked his credit card account this morning and the fee hasn't been charged. It has been three days now (not including the weekend and the holiday). Is this normal? I know that we might not get a file number within 2 weeks but they should have charged the fee once they received it, shouldn't it?

Sam2605

Nov 29, 2018
In my case the fee was charged after 14 days from the submission of file. And received file number after 2 months