+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Cherrycanada

Apr 26, 2012
This joke - processing times "apdated" again - still working on applications received up to June 26, 2010.
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

Cherrycanada

Apr 26, 2012
Canadian government is planning to issue just 3147 Permanent Resident statuses to principal applicants under Live-in Caregiver Program in 2012. And 6,700 - to their dependants at home.

cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/operational.asp

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Hi BOYZONE2, yes, you are right. The CIC agent tells only what s/he sees... but still it's not fair, somebody applied and already got their papers, my friend applied last August and they said - it'll come next month, still nothing... just weird... we are all in the same shoes...
I'm single, still have to work to complete the 24months.

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
just to inform all of you who are waiting for their OWPs..i called cic today and they are opening applications received on jan.13,2012..let's keep on praying guys..:)

michan

Oct 26, 2010
mcdebe said:
michan what's your timeline and do you have dependents?
it nice to hear good news, at least we know somehow they're doing something.
thanks and congrats!
submitted: August 2010
starts processing oct 2010
owp received: Nov 2011
letter sent march 2012
complete: April 2012

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
michan said:
letter sent march 2012
wow! Congrats! I also have a friend who had her interview today after 2 long years. Are u single?

chuchay

Star Member
May 18, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
You are talking to a cic call center agent, that it was clearly stated before you can talk to this call center agents that they have no access or knowleged and cannot speed up about each and everyone application processing time. because this call center agents are not the visa officers that works at vegerivelle,ab. they can only give you an answer base on your client id updates which is the same way how you check your file thru ecas.whatever opinion they can give to your inquiry are just there own opinion and not came officially from cic vegerivelle,ab. the more you will listen to there opinions or answers the more you will get frustrated or paranoid.

Good Job! very well said BOYZONE2!

XhLei

Feb 23, 2012
LCPcaregiver said:
I don't want to be too negative but what is happening is that Kenney mad the big announcement in December and released a whole bunch of open work permits to shut up the caregivers and NOW the open work permit will slowly increase again.............

the CIC agent told my friend that the owp can take several months now and is not release asap like before cause of
backlog issues and they are growing..............

So unfair ...........
it is soooo unfair....mine will be on its 23rd month in a couple of weeks. No open Work Permit yet and I'm single no dependents.
Holy mac!!! May God bless the Minister's soul.

XhLei

Feb 23, 2012
geca20 said:
Hi All, I'm an employer of a live-in caregiver and am using her ID to post. First as a Senior Canadian I'm ashamed at the way the PC government is treating the LIC. I can't ... now...Please forgive our government
I'm not a proud Canadian. It is beyond unfair. It is inhumane the way all of you are treated. The abusers may sometimes be the employer, but so it is the Government that allows them to do. I've read a lot of the posts many of you have submitted and it brings tears to my eyes, many of you have faith to endure the ever changing rules against you.
Allow me to suggest that maybe Mr. Kenney may not be interested in your feelings or situation.
I am ashamed to admit that I voted for the Conservatives last election, I will not be next time. You may find that the NPD who are not in the majority, may be more interested in fairness even now.. If many of you e-mail the NDP immigration critic..Don Davies MP Vancouver Kingsway Don.Davies @ parl.gc.ca and let him know the unfair treatment you may have suffered collectively, he may be able to put a little pressure to find out the truth.. If only the Live-in caregivers could form a union...
Thank you for your concern Ma'am. I don't think we(LIC's) could ever forget the Immig Minister (Mr. Jason Kenney) for the rest our lives. Life is a book, full of stories - happy, sad, bitter,sweet, etc. The Minister plays a big part in each of LIC's book of life . He is the reason why our productive lives has been put on hold for years. I hope he is happy and proud of himself.
Since LIC's seem so powerless in this country, all we can do is pass the story to the next generation so this won't happen again.

God bless and Thank you. Really appreciate your post.

mcdebe

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
michan said:
letter sent march 2012

Thanks for the info michan! ;D
Do you have any dependents!?

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
Hi, guys! I'm live-in-caregiver from Vancouver.I've got OWP and waiting for PR. Now I want to visit my mom in USA. 5 years ago I had unlucky experience with USA visa (I was visitor in Canada and was refused bcz have relatives in USA). Do I have chance to get USA visa now? What do you advise me? Thanks a lot!