+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simplyme said:
Thanks honeysweetie, yup i have reached 22 months on march 2,i started the program may 2, 2010.
You can include the time of your vacation outside canada if its stated in your contract that you are allowed to have a vacation, usually its 2 weeks vacation with pay a year,i have 1 month vacation in the phillipines when im just 1 year working for my employer,she pay me 2 weeks vacation,i didnt take a vacation on my second year coz im waiting to reach my hours and when i reach 3900 hours in 22 months i pass under option 2,you should check carefully what is stated in your contract we could be different

Simplyme

Feb 26, 2012
Shelleonn said:
You can include the time of your vacation outside canada if its stated in your contract that you are allowed to have a vacation, usually its 2 weeks vacation with pay a year,i have 1 month vacation in the phillipines when im just 1 year working for my employer,she pay me 2 weeks vacation,i didnt take a vacation on my second year coz im waiting to reach my hours and when i reach 3900 hours in 22 months i pass under option 2,you should check carefully what is stated in your contract we could be different

Thanks, in my contract it says i have 2 weeks vacation but i got 4weeks vacation in the philippines. My employer paid also the other 2 weeks, does it count?

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
This was posted by Rafael Fabregas, you see that PR approvals for live in caregivers are 35 % down from previous year.
No wonder PR is taking so long so that is why they give out Open Work Permits.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2011-preliminary/01.asp

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
job_seeker said:
Apply again once she completed the 22 months which I am sure she already has because of the looooooong waiting times for the OWP.
@@Job_seeker,I feel bad!I do not know if mine is ok? :'(, on my contract,I am allowed to have 2 weeks paid vacation,so I took it the first year going back to my county.I finished my hours in 22 months ,but now I am doubting myself,I have no idea how to count the 3900hrs,

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simplyme said:
Thanks, in my contract it says i have 2 weeks vacation but i got 4weeks vacation in the philippines. My employer paid also the other 2 weeks, does it count?
Yes you can count it thats what i did,i even ask a cic agent before i pass my application she said im allowed to go outside canada if im allowed to have a vacation and it wont affect my completion of hours or months,why dont you check and call cic just to make sure,i dont want you to make mistakes and get refused because i told you about it,i did that and it work for me 2 years ago,maybe its different now,just play safe if you think its ok to wait just wait,a month is not bad good luck to you

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
Shelleonn said:
Hi,SHelleonn, please help, I am doubting mine now,on my contract ,I have 2 weeks paid vacation,my work hour is 44per week,I finished 22 months ,do you think my hours ok ? I already mailed mine last year ,very worried if they refuse my OWP :-[

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madpotato said:
Hi,SHelleonn, please help, I am doubting mine now,on my contract ,I have 2 weeks paid vacation,my work hour is 44per week,I finished 22 months ,do you think my hours ok ? I already mailed mine last year ,very worried if they refuse my OWP :-[
@madpotato i think you application will be fine as long as it is stated in you contract that you are allowed to have vacation,if you completed 3900 hours in 22 mos then i think you are ok,is 2 weeks the maximum time you are out of canada?

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
Shelleonn said:
@ madpotato i think you application will be fine as long as it is stated in you contract that you are allowed to have vacation,if you completed 3900 hours in 22 mos then i think you are ok,is 2 weeks the maximum time you are out of canada?
Yeah,it is 2weeks,for the 3900 hrs,is that calculated by 44x4xmonths?

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madpotato said:
Yeah,it is 2weeks,for the 3900 hrs,is that calculated by 44x4xmonths?
Check what is stated in your contract you can see if its fulltime hours or overtime hours,mine is 8 hours a day monday to friday that is my basic full time hours if its pass 8 hours then i considered it overtime,i always list my time on a time sheet and show it to my employer on payday,she will calculate how much i earn from working regular time to overtime,that is why i have payslips,in my contract i have to be paid after working 44 hours per week,i get paid every two weeks

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Apply again once she completed the 22 months which I am sure she already has because of the looooooong waiting times for the OWP.
It's true, but the problem is she doesn't have any valid work permits for the longest time. She need to apply for restoration first but she's beyond 90 days as allowed. So she's in trouble. I do hope that Atty. Fabregas can help her or anyone from West Coast Domestic can extend help on her. She said, that she phoned/asked CIC agents before that it's safe to send her OWP/PR application. LESSON to be learn from her case: Don't depend on the answers of CIC agents. I had problems too with these CIC agents. My cousin got a refusal letter lately for applying OWP only. Because his wife includes her PR in her application.

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
Shelleonn said:
Check what is stated in your contract you can see if its fulltime hours or overtime hours,mine is 8 hours a day monday to friday that is my basic full time hours if its pass 8 hours then i considered it overtime,i always list my time on a time sheet and show it to my employer on payday,she will calculate how much i earn from working regular time to overtime,that is why i have payslips,in my contract i have to be paid after working 44 hours per week,i get paid every two weeks
Hi SHelleonn ,sorry for bugging you. I feel I am kind of paranoid,I am so scared of staying in this family ,I hope I will leave soon!my full time is 44hrs from Monday to Friday,which is 8.8 hours a day,I am also paid every 2 weeks.I have counted how many workdays in a month and multiply 8.8 then plus all my months together,which is 4668.4hours without overtime,do you think it s reasonable?thank you Sooooooooo much!

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
honeysweetie said:
It's true, but the problem is she doesn't have any valid work permits for the longest time. She need to apply for restoration first but she's beyond 90 days as allowed. So she's in trouble. I do hope that Atty. Fabregas can help her or anyone from West Coast Domestic can extend help on her. She said, that she phoned/asked CIC agents before that it's safe to send her OWP/PR application. LESSON to be learn from her case: Don't depend on the answers of CIC agents. I had problems too with these CIC agents. My cousin got a refusal letter lately for applying OWP only. Because his wife includes her PR in her application.
So sad for her! Hope everything goes well for her! Let s pray for her! God,I can not IMAGINE!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You have more than enough :) Anyway, was your time reflected on your payslips/paystubs?

madpotato said:
Hi SHelleonn ,sorry for bugging you. I feel I am kind of paranoid,I am so scared of staying in this family ,I hope I will leave soon!my full time is 44hrs from Monday to Friday,which is 8.8 hours a day,I am also paid every 2 weeks.I have counted how many workdays in a month and multiply 8.8 then plus all my months together,which is 4668.4hours without overtime,do you think it s reasonable?thank you Sooooooooo much!

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
job_seeker said:
You have more than enough :) Anyway, was your time reflected on your payslips/paystubs?
Yeah,I mailed my t4, roe contract,and statement of hours (from my old employer,but he refused to offer me pay slip),I also get following documents from my current employer, statement of hours,pay slip ,contract,statment of account for current source deductions.I hope I will be fine! I hope all these caregivers get what they want SOON!