Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
I got an answer from MP Edmonton
But it is nothing (((((((((((((((((((((((

Thank you for the emails to your inquiries regarding Ms. xxxxxxxxxxx immigration file.

I can let you know that as of yesterday the time line for line in caregiver dropped from 28 months back to 18 months http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp The reason behind the longer time line pervious was due to the fact that Immigration is aware of the time length for Live in Caregivers (stage 1 - 17 months & stage 2 - 17 months) and therefore was issuing open work permits initially, rather than waiting till stage 1 is completed to issue work permits. That placed majority of the application on hold of their processing to play "catch up"

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Oula Sanduga,Scheduling/Constituency Assistant
Hon. Laurie Hawn, PC, CD, MP
Edmonton Centre
780-442-1888 (ph)
780-442-1891 (fax)
www.lauriehawn.ca
www.twitter.com/mplauriehawn
www.facebook.com/mplauriehawn
Email : laurie.hawn.c1b@parl.gc.ca

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
Hi Girls,

I'm going to apply for PR and I have question about apply for open work permit. Do I have to submit everything that they require on Form IMM1249 such as document checklist, photocopie of passport, jobletter, photo ect.? or I just use only the application form ( 4 pages)

Thank you in advance :)

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
icycool said:
Hi Girls,

I'm going to apply for PR and I have question about apply for open work permit. Do I have to submit everything that they require on Form IMM1249 such as document checklist, photocopie of passport, jobletter, photo ect.? or I just use only the application form ( 4 pages)

Thank you in advance :)
I didn't submit the document checklist only the form IMM1249 because all the documents listed on it are all included in the PR document checklist form.

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kalinka said:
I got an answer from MP Edmonton
But it is nothing (((((((((((((((((((((((

Thank you for the emails to your inquiries regarding Ms. xxxxxxxxxxx immigration file.

I can let you know that as of yesterday the time line for line in caregiver dropped from 28 months back to 18 months http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp The reason behind the longer time line pervious was due to the fact that Immigration is aware of the time length for Live in Caregivers (stage 1 - 17 months & stage 2 - 17 months) and therefore was issuing open work permits initially, rather than waiting till stage 1 is completed to issue work permits. That placed majority of the application on hold of their processing to play "catch up"

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Oula Sanduga,Scheduling/Constituency Assistant
Hon. Laurie Hawn, PC, CD, MP
Edmonton Centre
780-442-1888 (ph)
780-442-1891 (fax)
www.lauriehawn.ca
www.twitter.com/mplauriehawn
www.facebook.com/mplauriehawn
Email : laurie.hawn.c1b @ parl.gc.ca

Are they trying to suggest that the processing time has become so long because they were issuing OWP................what a load of crap! They know that that isnt the real reason. Why cant they just be honest about what is going on

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Because all of us have to write to Kenney Jasen the same letter and sent him- 100-1000-10 0000 letters from caregivers
It will be have some reason
Twit every day

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
Chk this out guys...they really need us in time..why don't they gave us our PR faster so my skilled wify fills the gap ?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/business/Sounding+alarm+labour+shortages/6231517/story.html

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Hi :) again,
So I wonder how it works , ???
Im in Ontario and I want to move to BC. With my Bf. this May . I will send my OPW/PR. Application next week .
My current work permit with this Employer expires in 2014
1. Can I quit and move with him in May ?
2. I will be unemployed and wait for OPW but won't apply for EI coz I quit they didn't fire me. Will my status be OKAY?
3. My friend scared me that OPW some of them says can work only one province and just some jobs :(
4. Will it effect my application for PR. That I move to BC. ? Since I sent my application in ON. ?
5. What my current employer should write on the letter for me that I have been working with them and still working .?
6. How is life is BC.? Taxes etc. In ON you don't have to pay anything for health card.
Thank you very much for all you help?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
1. Yes, note the stipulations on your contract as to giving notice.
2. Yes, till the expiration of your WP.
3. I am not aware that the OWP has that condition considering you can work for any employer, any type of job, so why will you not be allowed to work in another province. Maybe those who have OWPs can comment.
4. No, but update CIC of your contact details in case they communicate with you.
5. You pay for your MSP or your employer can shoulder it for you.

Birdy said:
Hi :) again,
So I wonder how it works , ???
Im in Ontario and I want to move to BC. With my Bf. this May . I will send my OPW/PR. Application next week .
My current work permit with this Employer expires in 2014
1. Can I quit and move with him in May ?
2. I will be unemployed and wait for OPW but won't apply for EI coz I quit they didn't fire me. Will my status be OKAY?
3. My friend scared me that OPW some of them says can work only one province and just some jobs :(
4. Will it effect my application for PR. That I move to BC. ? Since I sent my application in ON. ?
5. What my current employer should write on the letter for me that I have been working with them and still working .?
6. How is life is BC.? Taxes etc. In ON you don't have to pay anything for health card.
Thank you very much for all you help?

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
job_seeker said:
1. Yes, note the stipulations on your contract as to giving notice.
2. Yes, till the expiration of your WP.
3. I am not aware that the OWP has that condition considering you can work for any employer, any type of job, so why will you not be allowed to work in another province. Maybe those who have OWPs can comment.
4. No, but update CIC of your contact details in case they communicate with you.
5. You pay for your MSP or your employer can shoulder it for you.

Dear Job_seeker
Thank you very much for your help! You should be working as an live - in cargiver advisor (social worker!). :)
It helps me a lot!!! I also called immigration..
He said I can move no problem , if I want to just be unemployed and not working I can do that and just wait for OPen work permit my status is IMPLIED status And I asked if it take too long I wanna work again I can just apply from there with new LMO for live in caregiver again, Open work permit allowed
Me to work anywhere anything more than one employer in Canada , Health card and SIN has to contact the province and service Canada , it
won't effect my PR application even tho I moved to another province. CLEAR !!! :)
What a relief ! He said tell your friend She is wrong about working oh one province on OPW !! Lol ...she got her opw in 3 weeks and it said open everywhere but she scared me!!
Xoxoxoxo

jt78

Jun 16, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kalinka said:
July-August 2010 Applicants
Did somebody receive AIP? Share please
well what is stated on the letter that i recieved...

It has been determined that u meet the eligibility to apply for pr status as a member of lic class.
A final descision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met.

All ur family members, must pass medical and background checks. U cannot become pr until u and ur family members hve passed the medicals and background checks.

The office in Manila will be contacting your family members...

see below for my timeline... urs will be soon coming...
but still no fira because May 2010 applicants with dependents didnt recived yet LC2 form backhome :(

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
But anyway CIC are working on Application received on July 6th 2010. Because on site it shows June 26th 2010 and stuck on this day 3 weeks
God Help Please us!!!!!

jt78

Jun 16, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kalinka said:
But anyway CIC are working on Application received on July 6th 2010. Because on site it shows June 26th 2010 and stuck on this day 3 weeks
God Help Please us!!!!!

my letter was dated FEB. 9, 2012 (thurs.)
I got DM on ecas FEB. 12 (SUN.)
And got the letter on mail FEB. 16 (thurs)

i know its frustrating to depends on what the cic website timeline...especially when we dont know what to reciv and what will happen next after that...

just a sharing so you cud atleast look and count on calendar and expect (again) anytime, and that soon urs will we coming...

goodluck Kalinka, and im begging to all 2010 applicants with dependant shared whatever they are recieving...
just for references... i will greatly appreciate it...

keep on holding guys... God Bless!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Hi Guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!! :D love to see that lots of my follow April applicants have gotten their PRs. Just got back from 3months vacation n i just wanna check on you guys. I wish you all best of lucksssssss .

123chow

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monalizy said:
Hi Guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!! :D love to see that lots of my follow April applicants have gotten their PRs. Just got back from 3months vacation n i just wanna check on you guys. I wish you all best of lucksssssss .
@monalizy hello hope you have a good vacation.. can i ask something? when you say in your time line that CIC recieve april 29 2010 how did yo know the exact date?? by letter by phoning them or by checking your tracking number when you mail it??? confused applicant here.. :-* ::)

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
What is "wage of of deduction send to cra by yr employer" IS NOT A T4 ???? I don't know,
I thought it was . I was about to send my application next week but my friend told me it is not a T4 !! What is it!!!?????
Thank you!!!!