+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
Here comes another disappointed nanny! Are you kidding that it takes more ttan one year to get only OWP?we should do something for our own right! After several years nanny life,my smile muscle does not know how to work !!

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madpotato said:
Here comes another disappointed nanny! Are you kidding that it takes more ttan one year to get only OWP?we should do something for our own right! After several years nanny life,my smile muscle does not know how to work !!
yes!! almost 2 years for the open permit alone... 19 months!!! and it is not stable it could climb to 20 or 21 months early next year... sooooooooo frustrating!!!!! killing our plans in life!!!! we have to wait longer and longer... its just 6 months processing a year a go..

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
laranel said:
yes!! almost 2 years for the open permit alone... 19 months!!! and it is not stable it could climb to 20 or 21 months early next year... sooooooooo frustrating!!!!! killing our plans in life!!!! we have to wait longer and longer... its just 6 months processing a year a go..
I am not sure if I would be alive by the day my OWP coming! Beig a livein care giver in CAnada ca kill me ! Can we write our nanny life and thoughts about OWP and PR to media so we would speed the procedure. Especially OWP.it s definitely not fair to let us wait that long!

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to all who got their OWP,
btw, is it ok to send the copy of new passport even if they haven't requested it? i'm planning to send it by mail soon, and I submitted my application last dec2010..thanks again ladies

faithangel

Sep 27, 2011
bluebabe14 said:
hi faithangel,
try to call maria leynes 647-296-6204 and inquire about OHIP renewal even your work permit has expired as long as you are on implied status. she's very nice and will explain to you what you should do. yes, it may be few months left waiting for the OWP but who knows maybe the processing time will jump again maybe to 24mnths more or less....
thanks i will try to call her tomorrow... I called already Ontario ministry of health and my employer even fax a request to ministry of health but still they said no I can't renew my OHYP unless I have valid work permit... I even told them that in Alberta and Vancouver they can renew their health card even if they are implied status but they said not in Ontario...

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madpotato said:
I am not sure if I would be alive by the day my OWP coming! Beig a livein care giver in CAnada ca kill me ! Can we write our nanny life and thoughts about OWP and PR to media so we would speed the procedure. Especially OWP.it s definitely not fair to let us wait that long!
nice suggestion!! we can write our story and send it to jason kenney's office or email it to him everyday...

hahaha you're funny!! yeah same here i might suffer from heart attack before i could get my open permit.... they remove the second medical but triple the processing times which most likely i will get very sick because of depression due to waiting...

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faithangel said:
thanks i will try to call her tomorrow... I called already Ontario ministry of health and my employer even fax a request to ministry of health but still they said no I can't renew my OHYP unless I have valid work permit... I even told them that in Alberta and Vancouver they can renew their health card even if they are implied status but they said not in Ontario...
i'm from Vancouver and i was able to renew my health card for another 3 months... someone advise me to make sure to renew it before the expiration, because she said once it is expired you cannot renew it anymore...

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone here from Winnipeg, Manitoba or Manitoba? becuase health card in Manitoba is free so i'm wondering if you can you use your expired health card in Manitoba.

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poknat said:
Good News. truly God is Great. CIC Vancouver Just called me. and interview me. iv been approve 1st stage of approval. they will mail me my OWP and letter. 2 weeks form now. ;D ;D ;D its advance Bday gift and xmas for me...
Poknat.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its confusing if they already update the processing times this week it said that its still updated at nov 16, 2011 18-19 mos processing application recieve on april 25, 2010 but at the bottom of the page it said its modified november 23, 2011

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
congrsts poknat finally. Tayme and berry your owp is due to your passport delay so better ask them how send faster by email or fax. Or tell them your passport expiration just an option.
I sent a fax and thru mail too...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So what was the interview about?

poknat said:
Good News. truly God is Great. CIC Vancouver Just called me. and interview me. iv been approve 1st stage of approval. they will mail me my OWP and letter. 2 weeks form now. ;D ;D ;D its advance Bday gift and xmas for me...