+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

AgiHun

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Hi Guys,

I got my PR status on Monday. For the new people, here are my details: I am a June 2010 applicant, originally am from Europe and I applied from Toronto, I am single. I received my open work permit Oct. 4th. I had my interview Nov. 21st. And now, I am waiting for my PR card. Anyone has the same timeline as me?

Kathy he

Jul 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tesa said:
Guys , need your help , please
I am getting my papers done to apply for a new visa and in this one http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.PDF on the second page there is details of visit to canada. So the questions is do I have to give this info because I am already in Canada and I am not applying to come to CANADA.

and also does anybody know what is proof of financial support? its in the checklist to apply for a visa

Thank you in advance :D
tesa: you have to fill out the info they ask in IMM5257 form. for the financial support you can just go to the bank tell them your purpose and ask a financial statement, like a balance of your account to show you can support your living in Canada. goodluck :D

tesa

Apr 27, 2011
Kathy he said:
tesa: you have to fill out the info they ask in IMM5257 form. for the financial support you can just go to the bank tell them your purpose and ask a financial statement, like a balance of your account to show you can support your living in Canada. goodluck :D
Kathy he, I know but those questions does not have any sence. smth like purpose of your visit to Canada or name of a person you will visit?

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
tesa said:
Guys , need your help , please
I am getting my papers done to apply for a new visa and in this one http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.PDF on the second page there is details of visit to canada. So the questions is do I have to give this info because I am already in Canada and I am not applying to come to CANADA.

and also does anybody know what is proof of financial support? its in the checklist to apply for a visa

Thank you in advance :D
Hi there!

I also applied for re-entry visa in Buffalo on March 2011 before going home last summer. I got it a month after sending the application. As proof of funds I sent my 2010 T4 slip plus a photocopy of my latest paycheque and for details of visit I put "to work under Live In Caregiver Program for the employer stated on my work permit". It is also important to ask for supporting letter from employer stating that your going on vacation and the plan date of your vacation. Hope it helps.

Kathy he

Jul 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tesa said:
Kathy he, I know but those questions does not have any sence. smth like purpose of your visit to Canada or name of a person you will visit?
actually we apply the visa like we arenot in Canada now. because the VISA is for your next entry to Canada. and also the IMM5257 form : application for temporary resident visa made outside of Canada

mja_AI

Oct 5, 2011
AgiHun said:
Hi Guys,

I got my PR status on Monday. For the new people, here are my details: I am a June 2010 applicant, originally am from Europe and I applied from Toronto, I am single. I received my open work permit Oct. 4th. I had my interview Nov. 21st. And now, I am waiting for my PR card. Anyone has the same timeline as me?
Hi Agihun!!congratz!!a friend of mine have the same timeline as yours but she haven't receive any open permit or pr yet!hope she'l get it soon!

Nov 22, 2011
Strikenannies said:
Thanks a lot! I just posted it in my community on facebook and I emailed him already.

I don't believe that he will get back to me but at least I'm trying...

When I called and emailed the Minister it took a good month but I did get a response, and all of my questions were answered (whether or not I liked the answers). Another Idea for those of you who are dissatisfied with the program and or your working conditions is to write a letter to the editor of as many news papers as you can find. One of the things that really gets me upset is the waiting time for an open work permit after the program requirements have been met! I don't think 1-2 years is to long to wait for permanent res. however if you've put the hours in the work permit should be granted ASAP so that people can make lives for themselves.

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
honeyvee13 said:
thank you very much strikenannies..will i include the payment too and the expired work permit?
Honey, when you apply online they will ask few questions that you will answer online,then almost in the end they will ask you to attach a copy of your passport ( all pages, contract sign by you and your employer, copy of your last work permit, letter from your employer), then they will ask you to pay. You can pay using your bank account or credit card.

Just to let you know before you start, all documents has to be in 1 file. I mean, you will scan everything and keep in one file of PDF. If you dont know how to do it, go to any copy store or fedex, they will help you to scan and make a file. Take a pen drive with you.

Good luck!

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Born and raised Canadian said:
When I called and emailed the Minister it took a good month but I did get a response, and all of my questions were answered (whether or not I liked the answers). Another Idea for those of you who are dissatisfied with the program and or your working conditions is to write a letter to the editor of as many news papers as you can find. One of the things that really gets me upset is the waiting time for an open work permit after the program requirements have been met! I don't think 1-2 years is to long to wait for permanent res. however if you've put the hours in the work permit should be granted ASAP so that people can make lives for themselves.
I really appreciate your concern but I doubt to get any answer from Jason Kenney. I have been trying to contact him for months now, i had sent a email to all newspaper in this country, only a guy got back to me, he was a intern doing a volunteer and he felt so sorry for me that he emailed me back saying sorry and that he was going to try to make someone to read my letter. Never heard from anyone. Any journalist, politician, anyone..

To be true what I think? I would love to see the next caregivers generation that it's coming, arrive in Canada with open work permit as a caregiver...what I mean? A work permit that allows any caregiver to work for who they want with no LMO letter. If she/he is not happy they just look for another job...open work as a caregiver...This is my idea. That they can bring they family, they do not need live with the employer. Live in with the employer only make us vulnerable to them. Only that, i don't see any good thing with it. The family loose their privacy and we loose ours...

Other thing, no minimum wage. This is ridiculous! We received less than someone working in a coffee shop with no responsibility at all. Sorry coffee shop workers but it's true. To be caregiver needs a lot of balls!!

Anyway, I'm frustrated and upset. Caregivers wait for me!! As soon as I get my PR I will start to make the biggest noise that I can!!

Nov 22, 2011
Strikenannies said:
Anyway, I'm frustrated and upset. Caregivers wait for me!! As soon as I get my PR I will start to make the biggest noise that I can!!
To be fair I too am frusterated. As my handle indicates I was born here. My intrests stem from love, and this proccess is quite stressful on all involved. It seems to me that the only winners in this are the accountants at imagration Canada. I would recomend trying the letters again as "Letters to the Editor" its an opinion colum and pretty much open. I would love to see the Live in portion eliminated as well. I cant even live with the woman I love because of this program. I have every intention of pressing this issue myself, but want too wait until my love has applied so as not to potentially damage her application. What this type of program reminds me of is servitude, it is demeaning, and can deprive people of there fundemental rights. Its not that I dont agree with your ideas about the open work permit, though the program is based on a restricted work permit (shouldnt be live in). But at the point where all the hours are complete the open permit should be imidiate.

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
To be fair I too am frusterated. As my handle indicates I was born here. My intrests stem from love, and this proccess is quite stressful on all involved. It seems to me that the only winners in this are the accountants at imagration Canada. I would recomend trying the letters again as "Letters to the Editor" its an opinion colum and pretty much open. I would love to see the Live in portion eliminated as well. I cant even live with the woman I love because of this program. I have every intention of pressing this issue myself, but want too wait until my love has applied so as not to potentially damage her application. What this type of program reminds me of is servitude, it is demeaning, and can deprive people of there fundemental rights. Its not that I dont agree with your ideas about the open work permit, though the program is based on a restricted work permit (shouldnt be live in). But at the point where all the hours are complete the open permit should be imidiate.

I agree with you, that is just what we want, to be given what is due, after completing the program, give us our working permit so we can start a new and prepare for the coming of our families... What's happenin right niw us a trap and manipulation... You don't know when you will receive your open permit, whenever they feel like it... That's when they will give it to you... I am so exhausted waiting... They continue to extend yhe processing time...I did everything i could but they just wouldn't listen...

To strikenannies:
That's exactly what i want to do once i have received my papers... I want to help live in caregivers, especially after this issue... My desire strengthened...

aridoarikato

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-April 2011; LC2 - Aug 2013
AOR Received.
April 9, 2014
Med's Request
April 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014: Reassessment of medical -June 26, 2015
Interview........
Aug. 25, 2015
Passport Req..
Aug. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 5, 2015 (delivered 10/24/15) valid up to 04/10/16
LANDED..........
LC1 -Aug.25, 2015; LC2 - Dec. 22, 2015
... One of the things that really gets me upset is the waiting time for an open work permit after the program requirements have been met! I don't think 1-2 years is to long to wait for permanent res. however if you've put the hours in the work permit should be granted ASAP so that people can make lives for themselves.
Exactly my thoughts. I don't mind waiting for my PR status but the open work permit is totally a different story.