+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
poknat said:
Good News. truly God is Great. CIC Vancouver Just called me. and interview me. iv been approve 1st stage of approval. they will mail me my OWP and letter. 2 weeks form now. ;D ;D ;D its advance Bday gift and xmas for me...
WOW really good news!!!
Congratulations POKNAT!!! :D :D :D

tesa

Apr 27, 2011
Cjoie28 said:
Hi there!

I also applied for re-entry visa in Buffalo on March 2011 before going home last summer. I got it a month after sending the application. As proof of funds I sent my 2010 T4 slip plus a photocopy of my latest paycheque and for details of visit I put "to work under Live In Caregiver Program for the employer stated on my work permit". It is also important to ask for supporting letter from employer stating that your going on vacation and the plan date of your vacation. Hope it helps.
Cjoie28 Did you send your papers to Buffalo directly or to Fort Erie, Ontari
Thank you

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
tesa said:
Cjoie28 Did you send your papers to Buffalo directly or to Fort Erie, Ontari
Thank you
Hi Tesa,

I sent it to Fort Erie and they received it the next day. I suggest you do the same it costs a little less sending to Fort Erie instead of sending to Buffalo. It's the same next day delivery. Do you live in Toronto? I would like to meet up with some caregivers in this forum located in Toronto. Talk to you soon.

CJ

aridoarikato

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-April 2011; LC2 - Aug 2013
AOR Received.
April 9, 2014
Med's Request
April 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014: Reassessment of medical -June 26, 2015
Interview........
Aug. 25, 2015
Passport Req..
Aug. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 5, 2015 (delivered 10/24/15) valid up to 04/10/16
LANDED..........
LC1 -Aug.25, 2015; LC2 - Dec. 22, 2015
poknat said:
Good News. truly God is Great. CIC Vancouver Just called me. and interview me. iv been approve 1st stage of approval. they will mail me my OWP and letter. 2 weeks form now. ;D ;D ;D its advance Bday gift and xmas for me...
The long wait is over :) ....happy for you :D

tesa

Apr 27, 2011
Cjoie28 said:
Hi Tesa,

I sent it to Fort Erie and they received it the next day. I suggest you do the same it costs a little less sending to Fort Erie instead of sending to Buffalo. It's the same next day delivery. Do you live in Toronto? I would like to meet up with some caregivers in this forum located in Toronto. Talk to you soon.

CJ
Cjoie28 thank you for your help, I would like to meet with you guys, but I live in Saskatchewan ;D

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Congrats poknat!

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
TORONTO STAR

Live-in caregivers made to work longer to earn status
November 24, 2011 00:11:00
Nicholas Keung
IMMIGRATION REPORTER
For decades, the country’s caregiver program has brought in au pairs and nannies from abroad to care for tens of thousands of Canadian children and the elderly.

The program has also provided an opportunity for caregivers, mostly women, to permanently settle in Canada with their own families once they fulfill their nanny requirements.

But declining admissions for new nannies and longer waits for permanent resident status for those already here is fuelling speculation the program may be in jeopardy.

The number of caregivers accepted into Canada declined last year to 8,400, after peaking at 13,800 in 2007.

And the acceptance rate last year fell to 57 per cent compared to 73 per cent five years ago, according to the Association of Caregiver and Nanny Agencies Canada.

It now takes 18 months to bring a caregiver to Canada — up from 12 months in 2008, said association president Manuela Gruber Hersch.

“The government is slowly killing the program, making it unreasonably financially risky for families to use the program,” she said. “There are families who can’t find child care. Our aging population needs caregivers,” said Hersch, whose group represents 35 caregiver agencies. “There is a need for this program.”

As families wait longer for new nannies to arrive, caregivers already working here complain they are made to work longer to fill in the gap.

Caregivers are obliged to work as a live-in nanny for a minimum of two years in Canada before they can apply to become a permanent resident. While waiting for their new status, they receive an open permit entitling them to work in other fields.

However, caregivers complain they now wait 18 months — compared to 6 to 8 months a year ago — to get an open work permit while their immigration application is in process.

The longer it takes, the longer they are banned from working in other occupations.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney also announced a plan this month to reduce the number of caregivers granted permanent status to 9,000 in 2012, down from 16,000 this year. Caregivers say a lengthy queue now means it will take longer to bring over their spouses and children.

Filipina nurse Ruby Primero, who came to Canada in 2008 as a caregiver, is eager to have her three sons and husband join her.

But the 40-year-old is also anxious to get her immigrant status after passing her Ontario nursing exam. She must be a permanent resident in order to become licensed as a registered practical nurse.

“I have two jobs waiting for me as soon as I get my licence. But right now, all I can do is continue to work as a nanny,” said Primero, who filed her residency application more than a year ago and is still waiting for an open permit.

Immigration officials acknowledge the processing time for caregivers’ permanent resident applications has increased in the past year from 20 to 25 months.

“CIC received a higher number of applications for permanent residence under the LCP (live-in caregiver program) than we have experienced in the past. That increase had a significant impact on processing times,” immigration spokesperson Nancy Caron said in an email.

She also said Ottawa reduced its 2012 quota for caregivers allotted permanent status due to a decline in the number of nannies let into the country.

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Shelleonn said:
Its confusing if they already update the processing times this week it said that its still updated at nov 16, 2011 18-19 mos processing application recieve on april 25, 2010 but at the bottom of the page it said its modified november 23, 2011
I think there is some kind of delay when they update it, coz now, you can only see updated info on Fridays, it used to be on Wednesdays... even their computer system sucks ???

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs. Just Tiis said:
I think there is some kind of delay when they update it, coz now, you can only see updated info on Fridays, it used to be on Wednesdays... even their computer system sucks ???
Hopefully they will update it everyweek now its painful if they stuck it again for more months before we see an update,as we can see there is not a chance it will move down again to 6 mos like it use to be

poknat

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Thanks Guys...

first the CIC officer called my employer asking if i'am still employed with them.
since when did i start working with them.if i'am living with them.
then the CIC phone me. interviewed me, asking why did i went for vacation for 2 months,did u got married,what is my recent entry here in canada,how long i been in to relationship with my wife.how did we meet.who introduce your wife to you.whats my current address. and then after i answer all those question, she ask me if i have a question with her. then i told her when can received my OWP coz i'am so frustrated with the processing time and i miss my family. then she told me. i just granted your OWP Congratulation we will just send you a letter and your OWP 2 weeks from now. ;D ;D ;D

i feel relax and stress free now after 19 months God truly granted my Prayers. Patience and Prayers is only the answer to our querry..
Goodluck and God bless

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks poknat so its just a formality of everything about you, your family and your employment as a caregiver.congrats again man, it just take longer to send your owp two weeks from now but enjoy you finally made it im hoping to get mine before the end of the year so i can have a good new year

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@ poknat- you must have asked two questions obe is your open wrk permit and second is you permanent residency right? Bec the agent knows that would be your question anyways , congrats! Update us if your family has kit or medical request already thanks!

poknat

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Exactly...!

Just Patience and prayers Shelleon..

Yha i will keep You Posted. My Wife already had her LC2. they send it Nov 2 2010, and she send all the documents To CIC Manila Nov of 3rd week, got her AOR and letter,UCI File number. Feb 2, 2011. and it say's in the letter 15 months upon receiving the letter she may get her PR it depends on my 1st stage approval here. hope and pray they will send her Medical Already..

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
They will receive as for us we dont have lc2 kit