+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinky_mom said:
18 months & 10days, pretty long eh! But im so thankful now:)

• Congratz....hoping the rest of us will receive ours very soon...

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
congratulations PINKYMOM! Hopfuly all april married applicants owp coming soon. Is it true some September SINGLE applicants gets their owp. Wow congrats.

mja_AI

Oct 5, 2011
Hi everyone...can anyone help me?because i passed my papers last march and i know the processing time now takes too long so i don't know when will i receive my opw..im leaving my current employer this end of November i don't know if its good idea cause im too tired working for them i don't have a fix hours worked 12 hrs a day..they pay me less i have to give them additional money for paying wsib and so on.. so i decided to quit my job...is it ok to be unemployed while waiting for opw and pr?and one more thing im planning to get married this December to a permanent resident..not sure yet cause according to this forum married applicant are longer to process than single?can anyone give some advice?..thank you...

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strikenannies said:
But Tyme you have dependents right? Maybe because of it your process is taking longer...
Im single with no depandant. Currently working with the same employer since i came here. These all so confusing :-\ November 2011 is far from my expectations as far as waiting process is concern based on the previous nannies one year ahead of us. I suppose here I am now trying to overtake the REALITY. Still hoping though, wait wait and wait.

daneegirl78

Oct 12, 2011
wsongco said:
congratulations PINKYMOM! Hopfuly all april married applicants owp coming soon. Is it true some September SINGLE applicants gets their owp. Wow congrats.
I totally agree in Jesus name we all Married April 2010 should receive our OWP soon it has been such a long stressful wait!Hope our agony ends soon.God bless us!

kishia

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2010
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Med's Request
Aug 29, 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 18, 2012
Interview........
Dec 19, 2012 @ CIC Vancouver
Passport Req..
Nov 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 19, 2012 @ CIC Vancouver
@pinky_mom:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hoping to hear good news too... :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The employers should be paying the WSIB. It is their protection if you had an accident while performing your job. It is the insurance that pays for the expenses incurred should you have an accident (while insured with WSIB) but if you were not insured with WSIB, you can sue the employer later and get your expenses reimbursed, that is if the accident is work related (doing a job function that is SPECIFIED in your contract). So be very careful about doing things that your employer is asking you to do that is not specified in your contract.

mja_AI said:
Hi everyone...can anyone help me?because i passed my papers last march and i know the processing time now takes too long so i don't know when will i receive my opw..im leaving my current employer this end of November i don't know if its good idea cause im too tired working for them i don't have a fix hours worked 12 hrs a day..they pay me less i have to give them additional money for paying wsib and so on.. so i decided to quit my job...is it ok to be unemployed while waiting for opw and pr?and one more thing im planning to get married this December to a permanent resident..not sure yet cause according to this forum married applicant are longer to process than single?can anyone give some advice?..thank you...

mja_AI

Oct 5, 2011
job_seeker said:
The employers should be paying the WSIB. It is their protection if you had an accident while performing your job. It is the insurance that pays for the expenses incurred should you have an accident (while insured with WSIB) but if you were not insured with WSIB, you can sue the employer later and get your expenses reimbursed, that is if the accident is work related (doing a job function that is SPECIFIED in your contract). So be very careful about doing things that your employer is asking you to do that is not specified in your contract.
job_seeker
thanks for the reply..that's why i decided to quit my job and hopefully find a good one...but its not easy to find work today is it ok if im unemployed while waiting for my opw and pr?

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
It's totally fine to be unemployed when you wait for your pr and OWP.
The only problem it's that you can't leave the country until your OWP arrive and if you decide that you want to work, you have to wait few months to start because the LMO letter is taking 2/3 months plus the wait time for a new work permit.

If you have someone to support you when you wait great! Just relax!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I guess because you have complied with the requirements, worked the required number of hours/months. Hopefully you have enough to tide you over. If you're quitting you also will not be eligible for EI, unless it's documented you're quitting because of abuse.

mja_AI said:
job_seeker
thanks for the reply..that's why i decided to quit my job and hopefully find a good one...but its not easy to find work today is it ok if im unemployed while waiting for my opw and pr?

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
Totally agree when i had an accident, i got a few mons time off getting paid normally.