Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
What is means LC2? I didn't understand. Have I sent it to Canadian Embassy? Is it some papers for medical examination?

ychty

Aug 2, 2011
Kalinka said:
What is means LC2? I didn't understand. Have I sent it to Canadian Embassy? Is it some papers for medical examination?
Hi everyone. I am very new here. Same question: what does LC2 mean? Where and how can we get any information about this if my dependants did not get anything? Do we need to contact the Canada Embassy Abroad?

Many thanks.

lyne

Star Member
Nov 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 19-apr-2010
AOR Received.
LC2 27-mar-2011
Med's Done....
LC2 8-sep-2012
Passport Req..
LC2 22-jan-13
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 27-july-13(landed)
LANDED..........
March 20,2013
job_seeker said:
Sorry to butt in. Why does Vegreville have to wait for the LC2 kit to be sent to the dependents of the live in caregiver who applied for PR in Canada? The OWP comes after the first stage approval of the live in caregiver PR applicant. Did he/she qualify for PR under the live in caregiver program? That is what Vegreville has to determine. If s/he qualified then send the AIP and OWP. Then the PR determination after, to do all the background checking and so on.

they change the program without informing us with dependants applicants...???? so UNFAIR...

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
job_seeker said:
Sorry to butt in. Why does Vegreville have to wait for the LC2 kit to be sent to the dependents of the live in caregiver who applied for PR in Canada? The OWP comes after the first stage approval of the live in caregiver PR applicant. Did he/she qualify for PR under the live in caregiver program? That is what Vegreville has to determine. If s/he qualified then send the AIP and OWP. Then the PR determination after, to do all the background checking and so on.

You absolutely right... That is how it's supposed to be...

lyne

Star Member
Nov 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 19-apr-2010
AOR Received.
LC2 27-mar-2011
Med's Done....
LC2 8-sep-2012
Passport Req..
LC2 22-jan-13
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 27-july-13(landed)
LANDED..........
March 20,2013
BOYZONE2 said:
They can only start processing 1st stage approval once LC2 kit of your dependants will received in CIC Vegrivelle.AB

how about the application of your LC2? are they done about background checking of your dependants thats why they gave u owp?

cryingmom

Oct 15, 2011
Shelleonn said:
@ wsongco 2 may 2010 applicants got lc2 kit on march 2011 lucyfun and kathyhe their both from china so it means it is really slow in the phils
Hi, I'm from china, and June 14 applicant, but no any lc2 yet...

So what can we do here?!

outlook2011

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
Berry11 said:
You absolutely right... That is how it's supposed to be...
I agree on that. As far as I know principal applicant will receive OWP first and then the dependants will receive the LC2 Kit after. And now I got confuse about waiting.... for OWP??? or LC2???

cryingmom

Oct 15, 2011
trisha said:
@ boyzone:why some applicants family got LC2 kit already while some including mine dont have it yet..can you also ask that to your employers sis.plsss..thanks..
@ boyzone, I have the same question please...It's so frustrating, and depressing...my gilr need a mom

cryingmom

Oct 15, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
Hi strikenannies,

Today i have received the reply from the visa officer in cpc vegrivelle ( sister of my former employer )

1.No Update on the CIC website-----------This is due to constant computer system error, The best and most accurate information is in the telephone automated system 18882422100. they are now processing July 2010 single applicant for OWP, For those married applicants they can ONLY process the application once they received the LC2 kit from Canadian Embassy Abroad. NO LC2 KIT NO 1ST STAGE APPROVAL..this depends on how fast the canadian embassy abroad act on there request for the LIC's Dependants LC2 If you will hear a message in your application case that says "WE ANTICIPATE TO GIVE YOU A RESPONSE BY...DATE" This mean LC2 kit have been requested to your dependants and soon OWP will follow.
2.This is for Poknat and some other applicants who's application have been transferred to local CIC ----There are certain cases in your application that needs to be verified by the local cic like , previous and present employers, home address, recent activities/history during LIC program, changing of status, possible misrepresentation in your application,background check etc.

Since most of us here are from the Philippines the procesing time right now for live in caregiver dependants at the Canadian Embassy in Manila is 22 months..for me as a married applicant with dependants this is a Nightmare!
Hi Boyzone, thanks for the info! I counldn't sleep after read your info from CIC, and seems lost hope...my duaghter stii haven'e got any info yet...that means a looooooo...ng way to go! I couldn't stand to be apart with my daughter any more. So would you please aslo ask if we can go back to our country and wait with our families....? and then whatever hong long it will takes...It really sucks when you don't know what to do next...Thanks boyzone!

marshmallow

Star Member
Nov 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 (April 26, 2010) : LC2 (March 07, 2011)
AOR Received.
LC2 : April 06, 2011 (letter date: March 24, 2011)
Med's Request
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
12-12-2012
Interview........
05-06-2013 (LC1)
Passport Req..
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-08-2013
@kalinka and ychty -- LC2 kit is the application kit sent to the LC1's (principal applicant) dependents (LC2)...

I'm with job_seeker about the OWP not issued because of the LC2 kits...... it doesn't make sense... it's just a work permit for the LC1 and LC2's are assessed for the PR application of the LC1.... the only thing that I can think about doing the background check for the LC2 before AIP and OWP is that the processing of the 2nd stage will be shorter because background checks are already done....

I think CIC doesn't know the meaning of "dependents"...... because if they really know what the word implies they will process the LC1's with dependents the same time they are processing those single LC1's (don't get me wrong, i'm happy for you guys having your OWP at least we all know the program is still moving).... They should think that LC1 that have dependents means someone is relying on them for support and they need to get a better job to get ready before their LC2 lands....

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

marshmallow said:
... they will process the LC1's with dependents the same time they are processing those single LC1's (don't get me wrong, i'm happy for you guys having your OWP at least we all know the program is still moving).... They should think that LC1 that have dependents means someone is relying on them for support and they need to get a better job to get ready before their LC2 lands...
Marshmallow is right. With or without dependents must have same processing time in terms of OWP application. If they changed their procedure might as well post it on the website so that people will know and tell the 'bad' news to their loved ones waiting in their respective countries. :eek:

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is getting more and more confusing cant they have just 1 standard operating procedure for processing a pr application?now there is a lot of info about processing procedure we dont know which one is the one they doing and we keep waiting

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
Guys how i wish i can give u the right answer to all your questions upon posting a sensitive issue by that visa officer fr cpc vegrivelle,like all the d married applicants here i have my dependants waiting for me also i left my son when he was 8yrs old he s now 13yrs old and same all of you here i missed a lot of important family events backhome bcos of this stupid and slow processing time,but we cant do anything abt it but to wait have more patient and pray that evrytihng will turn out best for everybody

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I think the issue of first stage approval should be addressed. If a live in caregiver worked and qualified under the program then issue the AIP and OWP. Then they deal with the second stage processing which is background checking of spouse and dependents back home (which ever country). That is how it used to be. Now pity the LICs who have worked their B*Ms out for so many number of years and they still are not getting the so called "respite" from bondage (living inside employers' homes, on call practically every hour of their working days). The officers should address their operating procedures. So basically now they are not doing a two stage process. They process almost at the same time (that is what is being implied here). They issue the AIP/OWP and a few days later the PR, but that is quite unfair to all who applied by virtue of them finishing their stints as caregivers and would want to put their lives on track again. My two cents. Sorry one of those days that I can see seeming injustice. Not that I have anything against those who have been issued their OWPs/Prs (know lots of Fils both single and married and there are those who their employers sometimes doesn't work within the parameters of "working hours" but the LICs stay on because of the "promise" of a better life after OWP and PR).

BOYZONE2 said:
Guys how i wish i can give u the right answer to all your questions upon posting a sensitive issued by that visa officer fr cpc vegrivelle,like all the d married applicants here i have my dependants waiting for me also i left my son when he was 8yrs old he s now 13yrs old and same all of you here i missed a lot of important family events backhome bcos of this stupid and slow processing time,but we cant do anything abt it but to wait have more patient and pray that evrytihng will turn out best for everybody

ALEGRIAS

Oct 20, 2011
Hi,

I would like to know when do you received your open work permit and if the same day that you received the letter with your WORK PERMIT you received another letter with additional information for to get the Permanent Residence.

Then I would like to know if you apply since Toronto.

Thank you