Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
job_seeker said:
I think the issue of first stage approval should be addressed. If a live in caregiver worked and qualified under the program then issue the AIP and OWP. Then they deal with the second stage processing which is background checking of spouse and dependents back home (which ever country). That is how it used to be. Now pity the LICs who have worked their B*Ms out for so many number of years and they still are not getting the so called "respite" from bondage (living inside employers' homes, on call practically every hour of their working days). The officers should address their operating procedures. So basically now they are not doing a two stage process. They process almost at the same time (that is what is being implied here). They issue the AIP/OWP and a few days later the PR, but that is quite unfair to all who applied by virtue of them finishing their stints as caregivers and would want to put their lives on track again. My two cents. Sorry one of those days that I can see seeming injustice. Not that I have anything against those who have been issued their OWPs/Prs (know lots of Fils both single and married and there are those who their employers sometimes doesn't work within the parameters of "working hours" but the LICs stay on because of the "promise" of a better life after OWP and PR).

Wat to go... This is what exactly we have to voice out...

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LORD HAVE MERCY ON US. It seems we are being punished for having dependents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if they waiting on those LC2 request that they sent out to come in first before they send out request for other months....................we will for sure be dead from stress soon.

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
cardcraw said:
LORD HAVE MERCY ON US. It seems we are being punished for having dependents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if they waiting on those LC2 request that they sent out to come in first before they send out request for other months....................we will for sure be dead from stress soon.

[/quote

Tell me about it... That is what exactly i feel for the past 17 mos of waiting...

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Applicant Name Date CIC Rcvd the Application Status of Application Country of Origin
Babyz. July 28. Receive OP with confirmation landed immigrant
Poknat April 6 WAITING-married
Madeira April 9 Received PR Sep 19, Single,
Melody Chen April 12 Received OWP
Lyne April 15 WAITING-married
Sweetchad. April 19 WAITING-Divorced with 1child
Pinky mom April 20 WAITING-married
Destiny14 April 22 WAITING-married
Kishia April 23 WAITING-married
Marshmallow April 26 WAITING-married
Daneegirl April 27
Sydneywhite April 28 WAITING-married
Monalizy April 29 Received OWP with PR interview
Emilycc April 29 Received OWP
Lucyfun May 3 WAITING
Kathy he May 4 WAITING-married
Khrizzy May 7 Received OWP
Piurana May 13 Received OWP
Argy May 13 Waiting w/dependent
shelleon May 13 Waiting w/ dependent
Blue Moon (from FB) May 19 Received OWP on Sept 07
depressgirl MAy 19 WAITING-MARRIED
molo5000 May 25 WAITING w/spouse (here)
Avon123 May 26 Waiting w/dependent
Nanny16. May 31 Received OWP on Sept 19
Jie June 1 Waiting/married
Mariefrance June 01 Received OWP on Sept 19
Sveta June 02 OWP Sept 15 (single) interview Oct 20th Belarus
Outlook June 02 Waiting / married w/ dep
HardworkerAngel June 03 Still waiting
kyzel29 June 04 Waiting
libragirl June 07 Received OWP
BC Cad June 16
len30 June 19 Received OWP
bbggliz June 24 Received OWP on Sep 30
AgiHun June 24 Received OWP
canela June 28 single with dependent
Oksy June 29 Received OWP
Ricamy July 02 Received OWP
jelay July 05
worldtraveller July 05 Received OWP
Sarah Cunanan July 07 OWP Oct. 11 (single) interview Oct 19th Phils
Kristina S. July 07 Waiting /with dependents
lakeshore July 08 Received OWP
lilyloves July 16 Interview for PR on Oct 17th BC
Faithangel July 20
babyz July 28 Received OWP (Oct 17)
Honeygirl August 06 Waiting
Kalinka August 18
michan August 19
lanz15 August 23
Rosell. August 30 Waiting - Married with dependent
judyliu September 10
Sohney October 08
Katrin October 15
Laranel October
DavyJones October 22
katileia October 25 Single
wsongco* Nov 03
loida86 Nov 03
Tinkermarie Nov 25 waiting--single
Teacherker Nov 26
Cjoie28 Dec 06 Waiting - single
Kablas* Dec 10 Waiting - w/ dependant
Ennaesor Dec 13
Tesa Dec 20
Cardcraw Dec 31 Waiting - married with dependents

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
I'm curious about something...

How come the Filipino community here in Canada, so many people, so many caregivers, we are talking about thousand and thousands filipino caregivers, many associations and this issues regarding to our program it's still a hidden problem?

Why any filipino community wants to get involved? why people are so afraid to expose their problems?

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strikenannies said:
I'm curious about something...

How come the Filipino community here in Canada, so many people, so many caregivers, we are talking about thousand and thousands filipino caregivers, many associations and this issues regarding to our program it's still a hidden problem?

Why any filipino community wants to get involved? why people are so afraid to expose their problems?
yeah too many caregivers... is this their way of eliminating caregivers in the country? those who have no resources to wait for the long processing can freely go back home to their country? for those caregivers who have no relatives or close friends to support them here have no choice but to go home...

i am october 2010 applicant, some of my friends with the same timeline are thinking of going back home because they have no relatives here to support them... the inaccurate system of processing is so frustrating... are we really waiting for something or nothing?

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
@laranel- We are in the same time line..let's keep strong, I know it's hard...I'm so tired and frustrated...

I'm not sure what to do next...

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All cic call center agents do is break your heart when asking them something,they don't even bother to answer straight and correctly,i guess its their way of frustrating us so we get discourage to call anymore ciz i think they are flooded with thousand of calls of complaints from us everyday

aenil

Oct 15, 2011
Strikenannies said:
Applicant Name Date CIC Rcvd the Application Status of Application Country of Origin
Babyz. July 28. Receive OP with confirmation landed immigrant
Poknat April 6 WAITING-married
Madeira April 9 Received PR Sep 19, Single,
Melody Chen April 12 Received OWP
Lyne April 15 WAITING-married
Sweetchad. April 19 WAITING-Divorced with 1child
Pinky mom April 20 WAITING-married
Destiny14 April 22 WAITING-married
Kishia April 23 WAITING-married
Marshmallow April 26 WAITING-married
Daneegirl April 27
Sydneywhite April 28 WAITING-married
Monalizy April 29 Received OWP with PR interview
Emilycc April 29 Received OWP
Lucyfun May 3 WAITING
Kathy he May 4 WAITING-married
Khrizzy May 7 Received OWP
Piurana May 13 Received OWP
Argy May 13 Waiting w/dependent
shelleon May 13 Waiting w/ dependent
Blue Moon (from FB) May 19 Received OWP on Sept 07
depressgirl MAy 19 WAITING-MARRIED
molo5000 May 25 WAITING w/spouse (here)
Avon123 May 26 Waiting w/dependent
Nanny16. May 31 Received OWP on Sept 19
Jie June 1 Waiting/married
Mariefrance June 01 Received OWP on Sept 19
Sveta June 02 OWP Sept 15 (single) interview Oct 20th Belarus
Outlook June 02 Waiting / married w/ dep
HardworkerAngel June 03 Still waiting
kyzel29 June 04 Waiting
libragirl June 07 Received OWP
BC Cad June 16
len30 June 19 Received OWP
bbggliz June 24 Received OWP on Sep 30
AgiHun June 24 Received OWP
canela June 28 single with dependent
Oksy June 29 Received OWP
Ricamy July 02 Received OWP
jelay July 05
worldtraveller July 05 Received OWP
Sarah Cunanan July 07 OWP Oct. 11 (single) interview Oct 19th Phils
Kristina S. July 07 Waiting /with dependents
lakeshore July 08 Received OWP
lilyloves July 16 Interview for PR on Oct 17th BC
Faitha
angel July 20
aenil July 19 waiting/married
babyz July 28 Received OWP (Oct 17)
Honeygirl August 06 Waiting
Kalinka August 18
michan August 19
lanz15 August 23
Rosell. August 30 Waiting - Married with dependent
judyliu September 10
Sohney October 08
Katrin October 15
Laranel October
DavyJones October 22
katileia October 25 Single
wsongco* Nov 03
loida86 Nov 03
Tinkermarie Nov 25 waiting--single
Teacherker Nov 26
Cjoie28 Dec 06 Waiting - single
Kablas* Dec 10 Waiting - w/ dependant
Ennaesor Dec 13
Tesa Dec 20
Cardcraw Dec 31 Waiting - married with dependents

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
laranel said:
yeah too many caregivers... is this their way of eliminating caregivers in the country? those who have no resources to wait for the long processing can freely go back home to their country? for those caregivers who have no relatives or close friends to support them here have no choice but to go home...

i am october 2010 applicant, some of my friends with the same timeline are thinking of going back home because they have no relatives here to support them... the inaccurate system of processing is so frustrating... are we really waiting for something or nothing?
Don't your friends think that they and their family would have a better life here in Canada than going back home?! Just be positive guys! Let's help each other. Wouldnt it be helpful to think that after a very lonnnnggggg wait we could enjoy our life here in Canada with our family. And also think that other Filipina back home are hoping to get here and spend alot of money of taking caregiver course and still willing to pay agencies secretly to get here under LCP. Im not being hypocrite But I honestly love here in Canada than in Philippines. There is accessible public libraries, pools, skating rink, and other stuff that our kids would eventually get to experience. COMMON GUYS JUST STAY POSITIVE. ! Im still a long wait, submitted my PR last Dec 2010. So let us help each other and lift others spirits here in this forum!

@boyzone2 thanks for sharing very helpful information with us here. It gives hope to everyone knowing that the timeline on the CIC website is not accurate and doing later applicants than the stated date.

ychty

Aug 2, 2011
marshmallow said:
@ kalinka and ychty -- LC2 kit is the application kit sent to the LC1's (principal applicant) dependents (LC2)...

I'm with job_seeker about the OWP not issued because of the LC2 kits...... it doesn't make sense... it's just a work permit for the LC1 and LC2's are assessed for the PR application of the LC1.... the only thing that I can think about doing the background check for the LC2 before AIP and OWP is that the processing of the 2nd stage will be shorter because background checks are already done....

I think CIC doesn't know the meaning of "dependents"...... because if they really know what the word implies they will process the LC1's with dependents the same time they are processing those single LC1's (don't get me wrong, i'm happy for you guys having your OWP at least we all know the program is still moving).... They should think that LC1 that have dependents means someone is relying on them for support and they need to get a better job to get ready before their LC2 lands....
Thank you for your explanation. I agree with you. I know I have a very tough and difficult situation that probably everyone here never experienced, but at least my dependants should get something based on most cases here. I am a May applicant with dependants. One of my friend's family got a letter from Canada Embassy in March, I got nothing, which is so unfair! And the waiting game is just so frustrated and distressed. Good thing is everybody has company here to cheer up each other. Keep praying, keep positive, that is the only thing we can do! Everyone with dependants here has to remember that we can not beat ourselves, we need to go back to face our lovely daughter or son with smile, even we are suffering! Be strong and tough, everyone!

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
Cjoie28 said:
Don't your friends think that they and their family would have a better life here in Canada than going back home?! Just be positive guys! Let's help each other. Wouldnt it be helpful to think that after a very lonnnnggggg wait we could enjoy our life here in Canada with our family. And also think that other Filipina back home are hoping to get here and spend alot of money of taking caregiver course and still willing to pay agencies secretly to get here under LCP. Im not being hypocrite But I honestly love here in Canada than in Philippines. There is accessible public libraries, pools, skating rink, and other stuff that our kids would eventually get to experience. COMMON GUYS JUST STAY POSITIVE. ! Im still a long wait, submitted my PR last Dec 2010. So let us help each other and lift others spirits here in this forum!

@ boyzone2 thanks for sharing very helpful information with us here. It gives hope to everyone knowing that the timeline on the CIC website is not accurate and doing later applicants than the stated date.
@Cjoie28...
Before coming here i said to myself, whatever it takes its just fine for as long as i am here already FINE, but to the end you have principles in life , you have DIGNITY to protect, you have your RIGHTS and FREEDOM in order for you to be called FREE..I thought CANADA is the DREAM, but its getting me fed off, it is because I AM BEING ABUSED by the CANADIAN SYSTEM,
ABUSED OF certain principles, abused of my right to update my knowledge my education, Abused of my right to be with my Family who are waiting for me for almost 3 years now, ABUSED my high skilled knowledge ...In a ceratin point their will come a time that for your being GOOD an Patience are being tested by time and situations...BUT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHY THEY ARE CHANGING their RULES because we are INVOLVE..
HOW TO GET INVOLVE IS TO SHOW TO THEM THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...WE are human being too like them.
WE ARE BEING ABUSED, not by our employer BUT BY THE IMMIGRATION...LET US MOVE NOW..THEIR IS NOTHING TO LOSE..
IT IS BETTER TO FIGHT OUR RIGHTS THAN GOING HOME FOR NOTHING...

stress_27

Star Member
May 27, 2011
my work permit expired in april 2011. i sent my application in feb 2011, they received it march 3, start process on april 1, 2011. im worreid cuz i did'nt renew my work permit, im working for the same employer n [paying my taxes...i send in my OWP and PR apllication before my currnet work permit expired, i hp by not renewing my current work permit it would not jepordize my application for OWP and PR.

awol_78

Sep 19, 2011
The current processing time for OWP is 18 months. Gosh, they just keep on prolonging our agony. They should have an advisory on their website regarding this longer processing time.