+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
cardcraw said:
Extremely disappointed at some of the things being posted. Lack of respect for each other is so sad. We all have the same aim and same goals ( let us build not tear down each other). Very sad

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT....THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE HERE THINKS OF THEMSELVES THEY ARE THE BEST AMONG THE BEST..... :'( :(

wishfulthinking

Sep 22, 2011
@libragirl: wow, your friend is luckier than us coz she got her OWP/PR earlier than US. we have the same timeline. they received my application june 8, 2010 and started processing august 18, 2010. i'm out of job for a year now, my employer released me last october 2010. its so frustrating that some applicants got their OWP/PR earlier than those who applied earlier than them. Confusing isn't it? anyway, congrats to ur friend. she's out of the waiting game. i hope and pray that we will have ours very soon. fingers crossed.

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
littlenurse said:
thanks molo5000.
@ littlenurse.. You are welcome! Btw, did you saw your status?

-molo5000

wishfulthinking

Sep 22, 2011
@ libra girl: we have almost the same situation. i don't think out of job for a year will jeoperdize our application. we did not expect this long processing so its not our fault. i never received any letter or notices or phone calls from them since i submitted my application.

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
@ Bambiegirl.. sent you pm, please check your inbox!

Thanks! ;)

-molo5000

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I have something to ask you caregivers that it's following this all situation by Twitter.

Do you remember the article posted last year at the province saying that this program is unfair to the canadians families? the ridiculous article was wrote for the president of association of caregivers and Nannies agency in Canada. Manuela Gruber.( http://www2.canada.com/theprovince/news/editorial/story.html?id=01b01f69-57f2-433a-a7a7-6777298b5832)

She said in this article a lot of thing that it's true but she wrote only about the families side and worse she says that nannies are using the families to come to Canada and as soon as they arrive they leave the family. Maybe it's true, I did that. But I paid for my ticket and my boss it was a crazy women that explore me and had never paid me. This side she forgot to say about this program, that families sometimes are abusive.

So please I had blocked this ACNA from my account and I would like to ask you to do the same (on twitter) they are not in our side, they are on the canadians families side and that's it. Some families are awesome but let's remember that who do the hard work for a little pay check it's us and who should be granted it's us and not the families.

Thanks! And please fell free to comment, only if this comment will make this discussion a good thing for all of us.

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
@ jean1982

as you where posted:
1. HI, everybody, My name is Jean. I sent my application on 31 may 2010, and they received on 2nd june 2010. I am single, but didn't receive owp yet. My work permit was expired on 22 march 2011, and my work contract was finished in july 2011. So I am unemployed and don't have valid status. Do you guys think I will be rejected? thanks your reply.

2. CIC sent me a mail a few days ago that they asked me to restore my status because my work permit was expired already and I no longer have temporary resident status in Canada. I mailed all the documents they want and payed 350$. Now I am really frustrated how it happened and I am worrying about my future very much

3. My work permit is expired 22 march 2011 and my work contract is finished july 2011.

4. I arrived canada 22 march 2008, my first work permit would expire 22 November 2010. I applied extend of work permit with the same empolyer in september and they issued the second work permit but it only valid untill 22 march 2011 because I missed my provincial document CAQ(this is like a work permit in Quebec), after I got the new CAQ and I applied the third work permit in April 2011 and I got a mail from CIC that I am told my current work permit was expired and I have to restore my temporary resident status.That's the whole story.

SCENARIO of your case was this:
(working with ONE employer)
a. Worked under LIC on March 22, 2008 with WP expiration on November 22, 2010
b. You applied for PR/ OWP on May 31, 2010 under 24 month option.
c. You applied for extension of WP on September 2010 and extended your WP until March 22, 2011
e. You applied for WP on April 2011.
f. CIC sent you mail FOR RESTORATION OF YOUR STATUS.

The CIC asked for a restoration status because they assumed that you were not interested for your PR because you applied for another WP as per letter e. which you shouldn't done anymore. All they way from March 22, 2008 to March 22, 2011 you have a Temporary Work Permit (TWP) . You just have your IMPLIED STATUS when your work permit expires last March 2011. Now you have two application for work permit,(OWP dated March 31,2010 and WP March 2011)..Maybe they assumed that you are not interested anymore with your OWP bec. you submitted another application .They GO for the latest application which ground for staying in canada longer than the period authorized.
here's clip from CIC in Blue color fonts.
Restoration of status.
You may seek restoration within 90 days after your status as a visitor, student or worker has been lost, if you have only failed to comply with one or more of the following conditions:

You lost status because you remained in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay (but not longer than 90 days)
You changed employers, type of work, or location of work without applying to change these conditions if they were specified on your work permit.
You changed the type of studies, educational institution, location of studies, or times and periods of studies without applying to change these conditions on your study permit if they were specified on your study permit
You continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with any other conditions imposed.
You have committed an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act if you have not abided by the conditions that were imposed when your entry was authorized or when your work or study permit was issued. You may voluntarily leave Canada or you may be subject to an admissibility hearing that could lead to removal from Canada. Your temporary resident status in Canada will have been lost, and (if applicable) your student and/or work permit will have ceased to be valid.

You may wish to complete an application to apply for restoration of temporary resident status and for a new work permit. There is no guarantee that your application will be accepted. On your application you must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances that resulted in you committing the offence.

If you apply for a work permit, you must pay the permit fee as well as the restoration fee when applying. Restoration applies to each member who has lost his or her status.

An officer will evaluate your request for restoration of status and if approved will process your application for a work permit. You will then be advised of any further action to be taken.

My advice is .....since it happened already you just wait another communication from CIC... or ask them if you still can cancel your recent application for WP. JUST A GUESS solution...TRY IT.
...You made your route for your PR Application very HARD. ;D ;D

KUDOS ...lets just wait and PRAY what will happen to your case...HOPE for the BEST..

KABLAS99 8)

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Free-Press-Release.com) July 5, 2010 -- Caregiver Agencies see a 70 to 90% Drop in Placements Following Changes by the Government of Canada to
the Live-in Caregiver Program
“Significant Improvements” Bring Burden to Families

Vancouver, BC July 5, 2010 Recent changes to Immigration Canada’s Foreign Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) have increased the burden on Canadian families through high costs and increased risks associated with hiring an overseas caregiver. The “Balanced improvements” have produced a significant decrease in the number of families using the program.

On April 1, 2010, Minister of Immigration, Citizenship and Multiculturism, Jason Kenney, made it mandatory that any family hiring a live-in caregiver for children, elderly or disabled care must pay all travel costs (including airfare), medical insurance, worker’s compensation premiums plus all employee recruitment costs.

“The Association of Caregiver & Nanny Agencies Canada (ACNA) applauds the Government for its efforts at bringing much needed improvements to the LCP,” said Manuela Gruber Hersch, President, “but the changes have reduced the capability of Canadian families to hire overseas caregivers. Not only is it much less affordable, but there is no protection or risk mitigation for those who make the investment.”

Results from three consecutive surveys taken by over 100 Caregiver & Nanny agencies over the last three month across Canada show a significant drop in placements, ranging from 70 - 90%, as a result of the increased risks and financial burden on employers.

Although the employing family must pay all associated costs, the caregiver has no obligation to stay with the family and can terminate employment at any time. As a result, Canadian families are vulnerable to applicants who abuse the LCP by coming to Canada at no personal expense, staying long-term and seeking other employment. As families shy away from utilizing the program, this in turn limits job opportunities for overseas caregivers. Individuals willing to provide much needed caregiver services in Canada have little choice but to turn to illegitimate off shore agencies for assistance.

Currently, Canada has no universally affordable child care option, leaving some families with few alternatives other than hiring an overseas caregiver. Should the caregiver leave, many families struggle to find replacement workers. This can be emotionally and financially taxing, heightened by the fact that families typically assist the caregiver to adapt to Canadian culture, often making a substantial investment of time and dollars to train and teach the employee. The family carries the full cost of this expense in contrast to government funded integration services provided to other categories of immigrants.

ACNA calls on Minister Jason Kenney not to treat private families accessing the LCP the same as business corporations accessing the Temporary Foreign Worker program. The corporation’s main objective is to grow revenue and turn a profit, while the family’s objective is to raise healthy children and provide care for future and senior Canadians.

As ACNA predicted in December 2009 when the proposed changes were first announced, the changes have had a profound impact on the industry and on Canadian families who have stopped hiring. Families wanting to hire a foreign caregiver must apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO), a process that demonstrates that the family has adhered to certain requirements. Current issued Labour Market Opinions numbers for April 2010 are at 1,949, a number above the average. ACNA attributes this to Canadian families rushing to submit their applications before the April 1st deadline which would make them obligated to shoulder the new changes (airfare etc), and thus higher costs. ACNA estimates a huge drop to come in June 2010, which would be in line with the survey results.

As a result of these changes to the program, many reputable caregiver agencies have closed down and many families are left with no elder or child care. “The revisions to the Live-in Caregiver Program are having a negative effect on family life and are further eroding Canadian productivity,” finished Gruber Hersch.

ACNA Canada is an industry association of employment agencies who provide nannies and caregivers to Canadian employers.

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of mine whose sister wants to come to Canada called 2 agencies yesterday and they told her that if she finds the employers online they will help her with the paper work but they are not able to find her a family.

I honestly believe that there are less persons willing to sponsor caregivers because of the changes and therefore less overseas applications. To fix this problem they will need to keep us who are in the system tied to the system for as long as they can. Maybe that is their plan why the time is so long and haphazardly they give one and two persons OWP so as not to create a big stink.
(Just a thought)

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a quote from Execu-Nannies ( agency in Toronto). All these changes seem to be making things worst.

ESSENTIAL UPDATE: Enacted on June 30, 2011, implemented at the operational level as of August 1, 2011, Bill C-35 now requires all agencies operating within Canada to have Labour Market Opinion applications overseen by a registered third party including ICCRC certified immigration consultants, lawyers, paralagels and notaries only in Quebec. What this means is that any agency operating "above board" will need to notify employers that their applications will be overseen by an authorized third party. Agencies who ask you to tell Service Canada/HRSDC that you did your own application and are charging you for the service will be operating against Bill C-35 and you risk having your application refused due to this. However, agencies operating legally will now be required to increase their fees in order to cover the additional cost of hiring an authorized third party representative. We encourage you to call us to ask any questions and also contact your local Member of Parliament to voice your opinion on this issue. Effective immediately, Execu-Nannies' fees have changed in order to ensure we operate legally and at the highest level for our valued clients. Please look at our Fees Wages and Taxes section for more information.

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Monalizy or Madeira,

Hi, congrats for the success of your applications :D
Just one question, did you guys received your pr interview letter together with your OWP?
Or it took a while to come in the mail?

Thank you very much,

Nanny16

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Nanny16 said:
@ Monalizy or Madeira,

Hi, congrats for the success of your applications :D
Just one question, did you guys received your pr interview letter together with your OWP?
Or it took a while to come in the mail?

Thank you very much,

Nanny16
Actually I received my OWP and one other letter stating that my process is complete then a week after I received an interview letter . I'm to go for interview by Oct 6 but an agent told me Nov 1 :mad: .

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monalizy said:
Actually I received my OWP and one other letter stating that my process is complete then a week after I received an interview letter . I'm to go for interview by Oct 6 but an agent told me Nov 1 :mad: .

Thanks Monalizy,

I was just wondering if I should send a visa request to buffalo or if I should wait a lilttle more.
Can I ask you which country are you from? Some countries are faster to send medical exams, it's ok if u don't wanna answer:p

Thank you very much for you response,

Nanny16