+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
hardwokerAngel said:
thats good then!! Yes I recieved update letter twice first on dec. 29, 2010 and second on last Feb 18, 2011 which it says on the second letter I must update my working history and address because they said they never receive a reply the first time they send me. So I make an action to that letter. And told that according to the canadapost my mail responsed was recieved by this people ------ on January 2, 2011 and here again you are sending me the same update letter form which is I already mailed them both again and I wrote a personal letter and bragging that person name that my responsed was been recieve by cic employees...:) why did you recieved any update

The first letter that I received in July was about what I was doing and living since I sent my application( october/2010) and where I used live in 2006.

The second that it was 2 weeks ago, was asking where I was living in 2007 to 2008 and where I was living since July 2011. Meansthey had received my last letter... I had sent all this information with my application, where I lived in the last 10 years. Why are they asking me again? I open to new guesses...

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@hardworkerAngel i guess what we are discussing now is our eligibility.. definitely! if we completed d program accdg 2 any of d 2options, lived in, passed all d required documents..there should be no worries.
i just think how our owp been released is how easy or complicated it is. but i really hope that i'm wrong on this one... coz i don't want to wait till next year

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah cunanan said:
@ hardworkerAngel how did u get 1?
CIC and immigration has our records and they know if we are completed the program or not or how many months more we need to complete before we can pass our documents as we are paying Taxes.. By paying the Taxes they can calculate our Hours of work, how many months or year we're been working. No worries about it if you know you did your part, and you follow the rules.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah cunanan said:
@ hardworkerAngel i guess what we are discussing now is our eligibility.. definitely! if we completed d program accdg 2 any of d 2options, lived in, passed all d required documents..there should be no worries.
i just think how our owp been released is how easy or complicated it is. but i really hope that i'm wrong on this one... coz i don't want to wait till next year
Just be patient remember their are still lot of LIC's that did not receive their owp yet the fact that they are month ahead of us..Don't be discourage sooner or later we all recieve what we earned in this country.

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Madeira - Russian
Monalizy- Nigerian
Melody Chen - Chinese
Sveta - Belarus (appl June 2nd 2010) single, no depend.

Pls. Add other people who got their owp.

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Bambiegirl said:
Correction please....its not Mr. Fabregas...its Atty Fabregas...an immigration lawyer who happens to be the one who passed the Juana Tejada bill(no second medical exam for caregivers). And again, like job seeker said...WORKING OR NOT WORKING AS LONG AS YOU PASS YOUR OWP/PR APPLICATIONS YOU ARE ON IMPLIED STATUS. Unless you change employer, you need the new work permit.
@ Bambie girl: Could you ask to fabregas if there's any implication in doing the poster thing? I twitted him and he didn't answer, actually he never answered me...I believe he doesn't want to be related with the name nannies on strike..i'm following him on twitter but he it's not following me...could you please ask him again?

littlenurse

Apr 15, 2011
molo5000 said:
@ littlenurse.. You are welcome! Btw, did you saw your status?

-molo5000
hi molo5000:
I saw my process status. It is in process.
my friend who appiled the same process on April 2010 and she already got her OWP on Nov 2010. But, She is single and had two employers. Even though I just had one employer, I am married. I think that is why my process is slow.
I cannot understand why the government treat us like this. We care the chlidren, elders and disablities. Most families need us. But, we got overwork, less pay and low-pace immigration. Sometimes I doubted if I wrong. Why I came here? For what?

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
littlenurse said:
hi molo5000:
I saw my process status. It is in process.
my friend who appiled the same process on April 2010 and she already got her OWP on Nov 2010. But, She is single and had two employers. Even though I just had one employer, I am married. I think that is why my process is slow.
I cannot understand why the government treat us like this. We care the chlidren, elders and disablities. Most families need us. But, we got overwork, less pay and low-pace immigration. Sometimes I doubted if I wrong. Why I came here? For what?
@ littlenurse.. Its good you saw it in Ecas!

I understand your opinion about the system of CIC right now, I don't know why it was like that but even if you call and asked to their service agent, they too just answered that they are doing what they received on April 03, 2010. If you asked why there is single- June 2010 (recieved) applicant already received their OWP, they can't also answer how it done! But still they will told you that date (April 03, 2010), and they just base on their system! What we can do right now is have more patience regarding this matter we encountered!

I do pm you some of my opinion on this matter! ;)

Takecare.. and again, be more patience!

-molo5000

libra girl

Star Member
Jun 29, 2010
wishfulthinking said:
@ libragirl: wow, your friend is luckier than us coz she got her OWP/PR earlier than US. we have the same timeline. they received my application june 8, 2010 and started processing august 18, 2010. i'm out of job for a year now, my employer released me last october 2010. its so frustrating that some applicants got their OWP/PR earlier than those who applied earlier than them. Confusing isn't it? anyway, congrats to ur friend. she's out of the waiting game. i hope and pray that we will have ours very soon. fingers crossed.
hi wishful,

the cic phoned last thursday & i was scheduled :) for appointment this sept 28 for landing interview... :) :) :)

Gico

Jun 25, 2010
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 26, 2013
Med's Request
March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
Hi everyone!

I need advice...My LC1 submitted OWP/PR application last Feb 2011. Work permit will expire so did apply for a new one, however, CIC only gave work permit valid until jan 2012. CIC's explanation why only until jan2012 is because LC1 will be 4 years by October 2011 and gave 3 more months grace period. Is that how it works? i thought the 4-year policy will only start on april 2011. since LC1 doe not have a work permit, can LC1 come home?

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Gico said:
Hi everyone!

I need advice...My LC1 submitted OWP/PR application last Feb 2011. Work permit will expire so did apply for a new one, however, CIC only gave work permit valid until jan 2012. CIC's explanation why only until jan2012 is because LC1 will be 4 years by October 2011 and gave 3 more months grace period. Is that how it works? i thought the 4-year policy will only start on april 2011. since LC1 doe not have a work permit, can LC1 come home?
hi usually they make the expiration of wp base on passport validity. when did he renew the last wp thats valid jan2012? is he still working with the same employer?

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Gico said:
Hi everyone!

hi, Gico. I have same problem.
I arrived Canada under LCP in April 2008. my WP expried in July 2011. I applied the extension. I got one year more. that's total 4 years+3 months.
I am wondering if I don't get the OWP before July 2012. How can I extend my WP???

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
CIC is very confusing...they're implementing new rules, conflicting ideas from the call center agents. They don't know how frustrating it is for LiCs. :(