Med's Done....
LC2 8-sep-2012
Passport Req..
LC2 22-jan-13
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 27-july-13(landed)
LANDED..........
March 20,2013
Yes, and that was so unfair to all live-in caregivers who's papers are complete and still waiting and waiting to release their owp/ 1st stage of approval. Still not convince for the answer of backlogs.

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
I am really disappointed with immigration in Canada. I came to this country with such high expectations and and i feel that "we" caregivers are being slapped in the face.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
kemoya22 said:
I am really disappointed with immigration in Canada. I came to this country with such high expectations and and i feel that "we" caregivers are being slapped in the face.
I'm with you.....High expectations...great dreams....i was totally wrong.....hopes are dim... :'(

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same here...so frustrating. I just wish that someone from the Gov't/ canadian embasyy will see this site and read all our concerns...what a wishful thinking :eek:

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mydesire said:
please guys follow rafael fabregas on twitter, he's been fighting for the right of LCP, most of his post is for kenney jason about the LCP and for the processing time of our application.
I just joined and followed him on twitter. Really hope he can do something to help us!

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys,

I dont wanna deprive myself of not going home just to finish my 24mos straight...I'm planning to go this October 16-Nov6. Do you think it's ok to renew my visa after I came back (expiration of visa is on Jan 27, 2012) or I can renew it earlier...if so, how long is the processing of renewing visas?

Need some fresh air and I miss my kids and husband badly :)

Thanks!

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
pat1181 said:
guys,

I dont wanna deprive myself of not going home just to finish my 24mos straight...I'm planning to go this October 16-Nov6. Do you think it's ok to renew my visa after I came back (expiration of visa is on Jan 27, 2012) or I can renew it earlier...if so, how long is the processing of renewing visas?

Thanks!
@ PAT1171 , it only takes about 2 weeks in processing new canadian visa, if you are from the east , you can apply thru buffalo canadian embassy, if you are from west then you can apply thru seattle canadian embassy. BUT as up to date i learned that they are "FREEZE" for any application for visa canada. Please follow @ fabregas twitter...

rafael_fabregas Rafael Fabregas
Last month, CIC announced Cdn Trade Office (ie visa office) in Taipei will be shutting down as no longer needed (Taiwanese now visa-exempt).
13 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply

And w/ little hoopla, Cdn visa office in Buffalo no longer accepting walk-in work or study permit applications, as of today. Big problem.
13 Jun

Is there a processing 'freeze' on applications for PR by live-in caregivers? One applicant claims PR processing stopped March 21, 2010.
13 Jun

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Looks like theres a "FREEZE" on OWP/PR applications only.....
pat1181 said:
guys,

Thanks!
What do you mean by visa? the multiple TRV that you had when you came here? You still can use it if you're going home this year as long as your work permit is still valid and working on the same employer.

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
You still can use it if you're going home this year as long as your work permit is still valid and working on the same employer.
[/quote]

My visa and work permit both will be expiring in Dec. 2011, I want to go home and spend some time with my family after finishing my 24 months in August, would come back in October, but my employer would not wait for me over two weeks, I have to be looking for a new employer when I come back, is that ok? I am worried immigration would not let me in if I have no employer, ...

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Hi, girls.
the CIC updated....Now it is working on March 22, 2010....
one day!!!
I am not sure it is really moving, or just for typing mistaken.

BTW, Refugees' moved 15 days...

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been following this forum for awhile and thought I would sign up and join the conversation. I always look forward to reading the messages everyone puts up because we are all in the same boat waiting for these people to look in their hearts and think about us. I am a patient person but this is driving me crazy. I am sick of my job, sick of everything. WHEN WHEN WHEN will we be able to move on with our lives and end this modern day indenture slavery. I honestly believes that it is their intention to keep us in the program for as long as they can so as to avoid recruiting more people from overseas.

I suppose we are to be grateful today since they moved up from March 21st to March 22................................................ wow good work immigration Canada, at this rate we are up 1 day every 4 to 5 months :'( :mad:

lyne

Star Member
Nov 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 19-apr-2010
AOR Received.
LC2 27-mar-2011
Med's Done....
LC2 8-sep-2012
Passport Req..
LC2 22-jan-13
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 27-july-13(landed)
LANDED..........
March 20,2013
cardcraw said:
I have been following this forum for awhile and thought I would sign up and join the conversation. I always look forward to reading the messages everyone puts up because we are all in the same boat waiting for these people to look in their hearts and think about us. I am a patient person but this is driving me crazy. I am sick of my job, sick of everything. WHEN WHEN WHEN will we be able to move on with our lives and end this modern day indenture slavery. I honestly believes that it is their intention to keep us in the program for as long as they can so as to avoid recruiting more people from overseas.

I suppose we are to be grateful today since they moved up from March 21st to March 22................................................ wow good work immigration Canada, at this rate we are up 1 day every 4 to 5 months :'( :mad:
question in our mind, is that conciliatory? 1 day? or maybe they're mistaken to move it..great!

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
if they moved it in a day.at least they're doing something.not just `FREEZE.it gives us hope.maybe next week they will move it more.we cannot tell.GUYS lets extend our patient.cheer up..keep praying and i know someday it will be ok.

BTW, i called the immigration today to follow up my applications.i told them that im worried with my health care coz its only untill july 30.he said to call them back on the end of this month.as usual no other updates.