CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
ah ok you mean you are still covered by RAMQ even if your work permit is expired? for how long?are you getting this coverage yourself? :-\

honiko

Nov 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tesa said:
Thank you wsongco, but can I apply for a new work permit if I stay with my employers after I submitted my application for PR?
I think you can apply for an extension of work permit(same employer) eventhough you sent already your PR application. my advice is submit your application for extension of work permit this July so you could receive your new work permit before your due date and renew your heallth card immediately. Giving birth here is costly without your health insurance.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
honiko said:
I think you can apply for an extension of work permit(same employer) eventhough you sent already your PR application. my advice is submit your application for extension of work permit this July so you could receive your new work permit before your due date and renew your heallth card immediately. Giving birth here is costly without your health insurance.
true.try it.we have nothing to lose if we try

bbggliz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all the people in Vancouver. Something that might attract your interest.

http://www.povnet.org/node/4657 we can get some answers to all of our questions.

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
I have spent hours and hours on the Internet trying to understand what is going on with the processing of our papers and have come to the conclusion that they have just frozen the process :mad:. They have put us on the same scales as parents and grandparents. The same story there - working on papers received before... and never moving ahead at all...

This is sooooo unfair!!!! Those people in Vancouver, if you go to that meeting advertised above, maybe you can raise this question there. What should we do?

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
my employer's sister is working at immigration processing center in vegreville,alberta i was able to ask her when she was here in toronto last month, she told me why the processing time for live in caregivers has been so slow because of huge backclog of live in caregiver applicants for pr started last march 2010,yet they are trying there best to deal with the long processing time.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
my employer's sister is working at immigration processing center in vegreville,alberta i was able to ask her when she was here in toronto last month, she told me why the processing time for live in caregivers has been so slow because of huge backclog of live in caregiver applicants for pr started last march 2010,yet they are trying there best to deal with the long processing time.
What's the cause of the HUGE backlog anyway? Don't know if i'll :D ;D or :eek: ??? ....

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOYZONE2 said:
But we haven't seen they did anything to deal with our cases. They just stopped doing anything. If they know there are a huge backlog lining up, they should speed the processing time instead of not doing anything. I can't understand it .

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
I do not believe that story that "the backlog appeared in March". We are all watching their timelines very closely. In January and February they were doing two week papers in 5 working days. We were all very happy to see that and then, at the end of February the line stopped moving. Looks like there were no many applications sent before March 14, and then some huge army of caregivers dropped from the blue sky and sent their OWP/PR applications to Vegreville. All at the same time, just in one week.

Look at he statistics tables on the cic website. You can see that the number of applicants in 2007, 2008 and 2009 as well as in 2010 was about the same - 6000-7000 people. How come they were able to cope with those papers before and got stuck at the end of February this year? - Because somebody told them to stop. This simple :mad:

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
as what she said, causes of this backlogs are applications that are incomplete and being returned, the volume of LC2 applications of live in caregiver dependants around the world received and the huge number of live in caregiver applicants last year specially in ontario and bc provinces..for the rest i don't know..

AgiHun

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
as what she said, causes of this backlogs are applications that are incomplete and being returned, the volume of LC2 applications of live in caregiver dependants around the world received and the huge number of live in caregiver applicants last year specially in ontario and bc provinces..for the rest i don't know..
And you can't ask her to look into why is everybody backlogged because of that? I understand the waiting time for people who didn't send everything in right or waiting for papers back from dependants...but why does a single applicant have to wait months and months (who had all their papers complete) because of other people's "screwed up" papers? :'(

I am sooooo full of this! I am a single applicant from Europe, sent my papers in complete, I don't have a job since last june, no money at all, I live with my boyfriend's family for the last year and I feel like "poop" about it, haven't seen my family for years now, have no health or SIN cards for the last 6 months, thank God I didn't get sick until now! But I mean you walk on the street, you hurt your ankle or anything can happen in one second then what do you do? :(

angellois

Dec 5, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LCP Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
09-21-2011(For Interview Scheduling)
Med's Request
16-12-2010/ remed req 05-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-12-2010/30-12-2010/ remed 17/10/2011
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-10-2011
BOYZONE2 said:
You said incomplete..how come our papers are complete...but after 4-5 mos will ask again a certain document...it happened twice. :'( :(

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Why is it that previously they can release the OWP after 5 to 6 mos even the family didn't chive the LC2? I'm confused of this.it means to say it will take a while for my OWP because my husband is in Saudi Arabia and he didn't receive the LC2 yet in saudi Arabia.he told me he didn't receive any.gush. I can't take this anymore.