+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

C

Carol m

@clio84: Yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! You did it!!! :D
@eilahs23: Just a few days, hang in there!
@ ar-ar: Don't worry, u will get yours pretty soon too ;)

I'm hoping to get mine in 3 weeks... will see cause I'm not single applicant.

Does anyone know why I received 2 confirmation emails? Exactly the same besides they have a different Application number... ???

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clio84 said:
:D I GOT MY OWP TODAY!!!! I'm so so happy!!!, I applied with the 22 months option, submitted it on August 23rd and received on August 28th. It was issued on Nov 19 and is valid until Nov 2015. My advice is, even if it takes you a little bit longer to gather everything and fill the application properly, it's totally worth the wait. Start gathering and filling your forms like 3 months before the deadline because there are translations needed and original documents to get from wherever you have been, and there are always unforeseen events that will delay you.

Keep praying and having a positive attitude.
Congrats to you! :) i just wanna ask, how many regular hours and overtime do u have when u apply? And what province are you as well? I apply for 22 months as well so i just wanna know if i am in good situation, lol, did u apply exactly 22 months? What is your employer? Thanks and hopefully you answer all of my question, congrats again :)

clio84

Oct 31, 2012
Thank you girls! Now I'm on the job hunt, I'm not looking after kids no more...
Don't worry, everybody will get their turn. I strongly recommend you are well informed before you mail everything.

@ Win26

I'm living in Ont and I've been working with the same family since I arrived looking for 4 boys, they were 1,3,4,6 when I first came. I had worked 45 hours always, no overtime. In my contract it's stated that I work 45 hours per week. Because I never changed employers I attached all my pay stubs since I didn't have a ROE. Because I had a delay with the translations and some forms, I ended up mailing everything on August 23th, but I completed the 22 months on July 26th, so was kind of a month late.
Before I mailed everything I went to a Settlement office where somebody with experience on LIC applications reviewed mine and told me which corrections I needed to do. This is free, so I strongly advice you use all resources you have available so you follow every instruction from CIC, that way there won't be delays. I really don't know anybody who had applied including overtime, you just have to be clear and demonstrate what you're saying (just in case, OT in cash doesn't count for your application).

Let me know if you have anymore questions, wait in the Lord and have faith the best is to come, we already paid our dues, so now we can go big!

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clio84 said:
Thank you girls! Now I'm on the job hunt, I'm not looking after kids no more...
Don't worry, everybody will get their turn. I strongly recommend you are well informed before you mail everything.

@ Win26

I'm living in Ont and I've been working with the same family since I arrived looking for 4 boys, they were 1,3,4,6 when I first came. I had worked 45 hours always, no overtime. In my contract it's stated that I work 45 hours per week. Because I never changed employers I attached all my pay stubs since I didn't have a ROE. Because I had a delay with the translations and some forms, I ended up mailing everything on August 23th, but I completed the 22 months on July 26th, so was kind of a month late.
Before I mailed everything I went to a Settlement office where somebody with experience on LIC applications reviewed mine and told me which corrections I needed to do. This is free, so I strongly advice you use all resources you have available so you follow every instruction from CIC, that way there won't be delays. I really don't know anybody who had applied including overtime, you just have to be clear and demonstrate what you're saying (just in case, OT in cash doesn't count for your application).

Let me know if you have anymore questions, wait in the Lord and have faith the best is to come, we already paid our dues, so now we can go big!

I see, i thought you passed your application exactly 22 months, thats good that even though you dont have overtime you got approved, how many hours do you have when you apply? Mine, i apply for 22 months with 7 days, i passed it with 4000 plus regular hours and 800 plus overtime, my employer is disable thats why i have lots of overtime, and my employer is not the one who paying for us, the goverment, we are using timesheet to proof of our work then send it to accountant then the accountant will send the computation to the government then the government will send the money to my employer then my employer will give the money using cheque, that is what i got paid, so hopefully im in good situation, :(

ar-ar

Nov 26, 2012
Carol m said:
@ clio84: Yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! You did it!!! :D
@ eilahs23: Just a few days, hang in there!
@ ar-ar: Don't worry, u will get yours pretty soon too ;)

I'm hoping to get mine in 3 weeks... will see cause I'm not single applicant.

Does anyone know why I received 2 confirmation emails? Exactly the same besides they have a different Application number... ???

@carol: im a newbie here and getting confuse where to reply and how to get notified so i could be on trend guys... i really hope I could have mine soon.. saw some applicants submitted their last august 26 and stil waiting. mine was aug 31 so il keep checking theirs for the hope that we can have ours OP in just a day or after the other:)

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@eilahs23 - I called CIC Immigratioin just now and I was told that my OWP was mailed on Monday, November 26. It was issued exactly 3 months since I mailed my application......Thank you so much Lord. For sure yours is in the mail now too since we submitted our application the same date.

@ar-ar - you are next in line.......

Thank you so much Lord for everything.....

ar-ar

Nov 26, 2012
@ nica: What number did u dialed? I wana try mine but i mailed it aug 29 and cic received it aug 31. I just wana know my status:) so eager and excited.. Please let me know. Thank u!

Congratulations! Ur luck is on the way for real!

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rollingolf - Thank you so much....you've been so very helpful and encouraging.

@ar-ar - I just dialed 1114-0.....try calling on Friday, November 30. Thank you.

ar-ar

Nov 26, 2012
Hello! I just called and same as urs.. My Owp was mailed yesterday! Yuhoow! To god be the glory!
Thanks..:)

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nika2012 and ar-ar
You are so lucky guys. As of me i called yesterday and today but no positive response for me. I am really frustrated. I am still keep on praying for it :(

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ei guys i am so happy i got my work permit today.
..cheese calling cic makes me worried ...
Super happy

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My open work permit was issued nov. 26, 2012 and valid until nob. 26. 2016.....yahoo