+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ eilahs23- i didn't put my application number but I attached the print out email that they sent me. Also, I addressed to the initial person who wrote me the email.

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rollingolf---I didnt attached mine, do you think it will be good? now I am worried

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ eilahs23 - I think you should call CIC and ask if they received your schedule A.

clio84

Oct 31, 2012
Something that you guys need to be aware of. I've been having this back pain and was planning to go to the doctor next week but, oh surprise! i realized my OHIP ID (health program for Ont) expired with my old work permit. In order to get it renew, you got to have a working status, or new OWP. So a friendly advice, the sooner you mail your application the better, or you could be unprotected for who knows how long. I could mailed my application one month before cause I could apply for the 22 months. Something to keep in mind.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clio84 said:
Something that you guys need to be aware of. I've been having this back pain and was planning to go to the doctor next week but, oh surprise! i realized my OHIP ID (health program for Ont) expired with my old work permit. In order to get it renew, you got to have a working status, or new OWP. So a friendly advice, the sooner you mail your application the better, or you could be unprotected for who knows how long. I could mailed my application one month before cause I could apply for the 22 months. Something to keep in mind.
When did you pass your OWP/PR application? I'm wondering if you hold a valid work permit when you send it. That's why it's advisable to renew your work permit before applying/submitting your OWP/PR application because you don't know when exactly you can get your OWP. Hope all is well with you.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clio84 said:
They received my application on August 28th and my work permit just expired Oct 30th.
Oh I see, you're on implied status then. I hope your OWP will come soon so you can renew your SIN/OHIP.

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning everyone,

I called CIC today asked about my OPW. She said that my OPW was issued on November 15 and I should receive it within this week. What a great news!

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rollingolf.......so HAPPY for you....hope and pray all of us August OWP and PR applicants will receive our OWP this month too. Take care and God bless always......GOOD LUCK!!!

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i just passed my application last thursday and cic receive it on friday, i passed my application under option 2 w/c 22 months, actually i passed it exact 22 months with 4000+ regular time and 800+ overtime hours, hopefully there is no prob with my papers and receive the OWP soon, any same option like mine here? thanks, gudluck and Godbless us.

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rollingolf congratulations to u...hope to have update on mine soon
@wins i will put u in the timeline with the remark of 22 months then i will add another column for that so that we can know who applied for 22 months or 2 years

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wins26 --gojng to add u later after done some house chores and cooking dinner

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rollingolf and eilahs23 - I called CIC this afternoon after I read rollingolf's message here, I was told the processing is 4 months so I have to expect end of December. Honestly in my situation right now it's too long a wait considering I don't have employer anymore since October 2. I hope all of us August applicants can have our OWP within this month. Thank you.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hi Wins26,
I applied my OWP and PR through option 2 and sent my application last month. I hope there is no roblem with my document too, very worry now. Because I am unemployment and my second employer didn't give me "record of wage and current deduction". I had attached pay stub and let them sigh for me hopefully that's okay. Good thing I am okay without income now, but still wish I can get my OWP soon.