+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking PR Card Application to track PR Card after Landing (Flagpole/Landing Interview) is complete

Ahmedsiddiqui

Aug 9, 2016
Hi, I have successfully linked my and mine spouse's PR card application with my existing cic account however for my baby place of birth in copr is blank. I just noticed it while trying to link the PR card application. I tried to mention baby's city of birth but failed to link. What should I do now?
how did you link your child's application then? I am having the same issue,

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
I am able to link my daughter's application but not my spouse's and mine. While both of us have Indian passports, our daughter has a US passport.

Under City/Town of Birth, do we need to write the Place of Birth as per passport (which includes state as well as city/town name in case of Indian passports)?

suranjan

Oct 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot for this post, was able to connect the PR card application with the GC key account

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)
Thanks for your detailed post.

For me, it worked after I entered place of birth as per passport.

sufonama

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I have successfully linked my and mine spouse's PR card application with my existing cic account however for my baby place of birth in copr is blank. I just noticed it while trying to link the PR card application. I tried to mention baby's city of birth but failed to link. What should I do now?

did you get an answer to your question, my spouse place of birth is also blank

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi friends, done landing yesterday, the officer kept one copy of COPR with photo and returned the other after dating and signature but he did not took photo, i asked him twice but he said photos not required. Please comment what would happen ti PR CARD Application

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
Did anyone have luck in last few days in linking PR card application on IRCC site as I don't despite the fact I'm entering all the details including city/town of birth as is on COPR and also tried with passport but doesn't pull up any applications.

What could other possible reasons be of why a application doesn't show up?

Last edited:

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)
Thanks a lot!
just linked successfully linked mine.

Reactions: myra20sharma

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Did anyone have luck in last few days in linking PR card application on IRCC site as I don't despite the fact I'm entering all the details including city/town of birth as is on COPR and also tried with passport but doesn't pull up any applications.

What could other possible reasons be of why a application doesn't show up?
I have the same issue. Where you able to figure it out?

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
Here is the update as of December 10th, 2022:
I received PR card in mail in November last week, tried quite a few times but was never able to link the application on IRCC website.

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Here is the update as of December 10th, 2022:
I received PR card in mail in November last week, tried quite a few times but was never able to link the application on IRCC website.
COngrats. I have been trying to link the PR application but I can't. I landed during the last week of October. How long it took you to receive the PR Card after landing?

Feb 1, 2020
COngrats. I have been trying to link the PR application but I can't. I landed during the last week of October.
I was able to link PR application just a few minutes ago (I used this thread for guidance). Did soft landing in October.
For place of birth, using the full text as in Passport (not COPR) worked for me.

Mustafasj142

Jul 12, 2022
Hi Everyone, we landed on August 15th and we haven't had an address, the officer gave us a form to submit the PR application online. Later on, we submitted the application by fax with the address. Unfortunately, we still did not receive the PR cards.
I traveled back to Dubai, then I received an email requesting new photos (only me, not my wife and kids), I sent the photos by mail on 28 Oct, and until now no update.
I linked my PR application to CIC on 20 Nov 2022 and the status is still "submitted"!!!!!.

My friend landed in Canada on 28 Oct 2022 and got his RP card by mail on 20 Dec!