+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking PR Card Application to track PR Card after Landing (Flagpole/Landing Interview) is complete

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Just sharing my timeline here for others after landing:

Landed in Canada - Jan 15 2023 (provided address to the immigration officer)
Linked PR card application to GC portal - Jan 24 2023
Submission date displayed in the portal - Jan 24 2023

Looks like a long wait ahead unitl I receive my card.

-MK-

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Canada
Was able to successfully link the application. The only change is, I had to enter the full state name in upper case.

vikita

Aug 31, 2018
Hi all,
I am the primary applicant and I have my express entry portal, I linked my PR card application in the portal successfully. However not able to add the dependent information using the same link, is there any other way to get the dependent pr card application added to the portal?

Reactions: ashwin.metpalli

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Just sharing my timeline here for others after landing:

Landed in Canada - Jan 15 2023 (provided address to the immigration officer)
Linked PR card application to GC portal - Jan 24 2023
Submission date displayed in the portal - Jan 24 2023

Looks like a long wait ahead unitl I receive my card.
Update on my PR card:

My PR card was mailed out on Feb 16 2023. I'm yet to receive it via post so I'll be keeping an eye out.

adnantaqie

Feb 10, 2023
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)
This works 100%. Upper case and lower case matters. Some peoples COPR won’t show the full place of birth but you need to enter it fully, mostly “city, province” format. Remember, in everything upper case and lower case matter!!!!

JuCanada

Feb 15, 2023
Hey guys,

In order to link my PR card to my GCKey, do I need a new PR Card application number or something? Or am I able to link it right after becoming a PR/receiving my eCOPR?

Thanks for you help

adnantaqie

Feb 10, 2023
Hey guys,

In order to link my PR card to my GCKey, do I need a new PR Card application number or something? Or am I able to link it right after becoming a PR/receiving my eCOPR?

Thanks for you help
You can link after getting your COPR, read my previous thread in this forum. Use UCI and Last name.

simi1975

Jan 5, 2023
You can link after getting your COPR, read my previous thread in this forum. Use UCI and Last name.
Can we link the PR portal to GC Key (I got eCOPR downloaded from PR portal but photo and address still in review) ...can we link this portal to GC Key as well? Thanks !

JuCanada

Feb 15, 2023
Can we link the PR portal to GC Key (I got eCOPR downloaded from PR portal but photo and address still in review) ...can we link this portal to GC Key as well? Thanks !
Absolutely!

Go to GCKey and link your PR Card application. You won’t be able to see when your address and photo are approved, but you will see when they mail your PR Card to you.

JuCanada

Feb 15, 2023
I just tried...its says no application found ? I used UCI and last name...
If you just got the eCOPR today it’s normal.

Otherwise, you may wanna try with some of the other pieces of information you can choose from. Perhaps, DOB or Given Names?…

Mike442

Feb 7, 2023
Is it mandatory to link pr card application to gckey?

if yes, is it started counting your days for pr card approval after your liking to gckey?

simi1975

Jan 5, 2023
If you just got the eCOPR today it’s normal.

Otherwise, you may wanna try with some of the other pieces of information you can choose from. Perhaps, DOB or Given Names?…
It worked ! Linked the application to gc key...since date shown is 1st Feb 2023 (same as ecopr received date) I think the counter starts from there and not the linked date, correct?

May 3, 2017
Guys landed in Toronto on 2nd February 2023 and linked application a week before. Today got an update in cic account that my application has been approved. ( 8 March 2023 )
How many days will it take to receive the card at my address?