+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

linc course in work/education section "Citizenship application"

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Hi all,

I took Linc english course and during the course I was unemployed.

Can I write this course in work/education section in Citizenship application instead of unemployed " during the course time"?

If yes,
I will include the certificate which I got it when I finished the course. As far as I know for education the certificate is not enough. They ask for transcripts If you studied her.

Should I ask Linc about attendance or any letter to put it beside the certificate?

I am afraid that they will return my application when i apply because it is incomplete ( education document missing )

any suggestions please

Thanks

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
Hi all,

I took Linc english course and during the course I was unemployed.

Can I write this course in work/education section in Citizenship application instead of unemployed " during the course time"?

If yes,
I will include the certificate which I got it when I finished the course. As far as I know for education the certificate is not enough. They ask for transcripts If you studied her.

Should I ask Linc about attendance or any letter to put it beside the certificate?

I am afraid that they will return my application when i apply because it is incomplete ( education document missing )

any suggestions please

Thanks
Yes, you can put LINC time as 'education'. I did so and my application is in process.Do not you have any children? Their school record has to be included. However if you do not have any children or you did not attend any other school you can write a covering letter giving your position in detail as to why you can not attach school record of yourself or children.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
lilua said:
Yes, you can put LINC time as 'education'. I did so and my application is in process.Do not you have any children? Their school record has to be included. However if you do not have any children or you did not attend any other school you can write a covering letter giving your position in detail as to why you can not attach school record of yourself or children.
thank you for replay

I have children but they didn't attend school yet ( one is 3 years and the other is 6 months)

did you include only the certificate for Linc course ? is there a transcript for this course?

Thanks

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
thank you for replay

I have children but they didn't attend school yet ( one is 3 years and the other is 6 months)

did you include only the certificate for Linc course ? is there a transcript for this course?

Thanks
Actually I did not provided with a certificate attached my as well as my children school record but the LINC course period have been described as education.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok what about ESL, English courses in adult education center, would that considered as education as well?.

Thanks

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
look4d said:
Ok what about ESL, English courses in adult education center, would that considered as education as well?.

Thanks
Yes, that would be but were you provided with a transcript from there?

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I asked them to give me a letter for the courses I have taken, and they did, would this count?

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Can someone tell me what is the meaning of this `I found it at CIC website`

Note that LINC/CLIC certificates cannot be used as school records that you may be required to provide with your citizenship application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH//citizenship/language-step-4.asp

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
Can someone tell me what is the meaning of this `I found it at CIC website`

Note that LINC/CLIC certificates cannot be used as school records that you may be required to provide with your citizenship application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH//citizenship/language-step-4.asp
It is then clear that LINC certificate can not be used as school record. You are therefor, enclose a covering letter explaining your situation that you can not produce school certificate.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
lilua said:
It is then clear that LINC certificate can not be used as school record. You are therefor, enclose a covering letter explaining your situation that you can not produce school certificate.
Thank you for replay

Actually I didn't apply yet. I will write LINC course in my education/work section and I am asking do they need any documents to be provided with this course as a record of education.

rogerme

Dec 22, 2013
Hi, Lilua

Did you provide any documents about your LINC as the school records, in fact, I attend the YWCA course, however I have only a certificate, I am wondering should I write this time period as unemployed or education. If I just write unemployed, I will do not need to worry about the school records issue, how do you think about it?

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rogerme said:
Hi, Lilua

Did you provide any documents about your LINC as the school records, in fact, I attend the YWCA course, however I have only a certificate, I am wondering should I write this time period as unemployed or education. If I just write unemployed, I will do not need to worry about the school records issue, how do you think about it?
The time I was attending LINC classes have been reported as Education but the I was not provided with any certificate as I attended LINC uptill October 2012.As school record I have provided my child's report card as well as my transcript of a course I attended at a community college.