AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
It's not about you, almost everyone in this forum once they get there citizneship they want move south literally the next day.

canada is bringing half million immigrants each year that want go south at this rate there will be more immigrants from Canada going to the US than people from mexico.

that's why a VISA wil be necessary to stop this influx of canadians to the US.

anyway enjoy while it last you are free now.
Canada and the USA do NOT have a EU-like or a Australia-New Zealand like arrangement in terms of freedom of movement. There is a so-called TN visa for Canadian citizens, but that's a non-immigrant visa and not everyone can use it.

What I hope is for Canada to join the EU.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Canada and the USA do NOT have a EU-like or a Australia-New Zealand like arrangement in terms of freedom of movement. There is a so-called TN visa for Canadian citizens, but that's a non-immigrant visa and not everyone can use it.

What I hope is for Canada to join the EU.
Canada can never join the EU since canada is not in Europe, it can join CANZUK, but australians doesn't really want canadians.

regarding tn-visa every express entry applicant is qualified for it even if it's non-immigrant it's renewable for life.

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
I am not judging no one, i just feel sad for Canada that is bringing mass immigrants that just want go to the US in the next available flight after getting there passport literally.

Specially that express entry applicants will get 0 problem applying for a tn-status.

Anyway just praying trump next term will win, cancel this tn thing and stop this mass influx of new canadians to the US.. so they can stay here and help us build a better country that can rival the US.
Lol please stop being salty. Not everyone can get a TN visa. You have to be experienced and educated, which means more pay in the US vs Canada. These people have invested in the economy as PRs so they can do whatever. Even your King, Trump will never shut the door to Canadians.

Reactions: sahibo

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Canada can never join the EU since canada is not in Europe, it can join CANZUK, but australians doesn't really want canadians.

regarding tn-visa every express entry applicant is qualified for it even if it's non-immigrant it's renewable for life.
Why wouldn't Australia really want Canadians moving there? I have been seeing online ads from government of Victoria trying to lure health care workers.

Not all express entry applicants are qualified for TN visa. Only those who have experience and education in certain type of occupations qualify.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

https://www.canzukinternational.com/2023/01/australia-to-raise-age-limit-for-working-visas.html

(This will increase the maximum age to qualify for this open work visa for Canadians from 35 years old currently... to 50 years old)

Several other European countries offer this kind of visa for Canadians, more details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadians/international-experience-canada.html

or

https://www.anyworkanywhere.com/working-holiday-visa-origin/canada/

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
They probably have no degree so hence can never qualify for TN visa
I'm an express entry applicant not a refugee, i have 3 degree and a PhD in computer engineering , i can easily find a job in the us for 250.000k yearly but i refuse to do so, i am loyal to Canada it brought me here to help boost the economy not to flee as soon as i get the passport ( which a lot of people are doing and lot of you are encouraging them to do so which is sad).

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
https://www.canzukinternational.com/2023/01/australia-to-raise-age-limit-for-working-visas.html

(This will increase the maximum age to qualify for this open work visa for Canadians from 35 years old currently... to 50 years old)

Several other European countries offer this kind of visa for Canadians, more details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadians/international-experience-canada.html

or

https://www.anyworkanywhere.com/working-holiday-visa-origin/canada/
Most of western countries have those kind of work/holiday programs, it's not something that only Canada offer.
They are really not worth, i already did have a look for the Taiwan one and it's complicated you need to pay for international insurance which cost a lot lot of money, have to do some medical check in some special hospital which also will cost you money, have to proof that you have a job etc... and you can't work for same employer more than 6 month ( for australia also) well it's pretty mush worthless.
Getting a tn-visa is faster and much better.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I'm an express entry applicant not a refugee, i have 3 degree and a PhD in computer engineering , i can easily find a job in the us for 250.000k yearly but i refuse to do so, i am loyal to Canada it brought me here to help boost the economy not to flee as soon as i get the passport ( which a lot of people are doing and lot of you are encouraging them to do so which is sad).
A question to which I ask for a sincere answer, if you can : Would you have had the same remarks if we were talking here about '' Caucasian type '', white Canadians? ... Sincerely ?

There are not two categories of citizens, it is a shame to insinuate that, even in a concealed or subtle way...

All Canadians, by birth, or naturalized have the same rights... If it's something that bothers you, you can always join the Conservative Party and campaign for ''stricter'' rules, and also, why not ''a second class'' of citizenship with an obligation of minimum residence (10 or 20 years) under penalty of losing citizenship... No limit for xenephobic and racist ideas... Just be clear.

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
As I said in another thread, if a white Canadian citizen moves abroad and lives there forever (to Korea, Japan, etc), nobody would've said shit. No talk of "Canadians of convenience", disloyalty, etc. So why is it suddenly a problem if new citizens do the same?

In case you don't know, Andrew Scheer (former conservative leader) had US citizenship. Michael Ignatieff (former liberal leader) moved abroad after losing the election to Harper. This ain't China bro, it's a free country... People can do whatever they want.

Last edited:

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016

It is not true that every new citizen who gained their PR through express entry is eligible for TN visa. There is a defined list occupations that qualify for this visa. See this: https://www.nafsa.org/_/file/_/amresource/8cfr2146.htm

If your occupation is not on that list, you are out of luck.

This list is not the same as the occupation list for application for permanent residence in Canada. So no, your claim is incorrect.

Also, even if you can re-new this TN visa indefinitely, who in their right mind wants to live the rest of their lives in a country as a foreigner?? No security at all. That would be insane.

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Lol your terrible grammar doesn’t suggest you are a PhD graduate. But I get why you are angry, since the job you’ll get pays 250K in the US. Tons of people are moving to the US for way more.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: akbardxb and A_S

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
As I said in another thread, if a white Canadian citizen moves abroad and lives there forever (to Korea, Japan, etc), nobody would've said shit. No talk of "Canadians of convenience", disloyalty, etc.

In case you don't know, Andrew Scheer (former conservative leader) had US citizenship. Michael Ignatieff (former liberal leader) moved abroad after losing the election to Harper. This ain't China bro, it's a free country... People can do whatever they want.
It pisses me off that Canada is letting people like this in. They’re the ones who create toxic work environments with their absurd and outdated values.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: xuan and A_S

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
It pisses me off the Canada is letting people like this in. They’re the ones who create toxic work environments with their absurd and outdated values.
These politicians weren't "let in"; they were presumably born here. In other words, they're a product of Canada. So if they're toxic, something here makes them so. What could that be?

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
These politicians weren't "let in"; they were presumably born here. In other words, they're a product of Canada. So if they're toxic, something here makes them so. What could that be?
it piss him off someone loves Canada and want to stay here and not run to the US in the next flight after getting passport.