+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life after Citizenship

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
To each their own. One's got to do what one's got to do. No law is being broken here, so let's not rush to judge anyone. We don't know what their journey is like.
I am not judging no one, i just feel sad for Canada that is bringing mass immigrants that just want go to the US in the next available flight after getting there passport literally.

Specially that express entry applicants will get 0 problem applying for a tn-status.

Anyway just praying trump next term will win, cancel this tn thing and stop this mass influx of new canadians to the US.. so they can stay here and help us build a better country that can rival the US.

Last edited:

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
1) Once you have taken your citizenship oath you are in for life mate . There will be no restriction and neither will be ever as long as you hold and not renounce it.
2) Check the residency requirement and unless they make a change she should be good with days, since her citizenship is in process and going by different blogs in this forum make sure to take test in Canada and also be available for oath/interview as case may be. Don't give anyone a chance to question her intent.
3)& 4) There are no best practices what so ever after you become a citizen and you can choose to do as you like. Just relax, chase your dreams and do what you need to. Good Luck !
What about the part of informing elections Canada, and MP?

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
2. Recommendation for your spouse is to come back to Canada to take the test. Probably worth the inconvenience, given processing time for those outside Canada.
4. Probably speak to an accountant & check about declaring yourself non-resident and/or implications on tax filing.
I did my test outside Canada. Oath next month. AOR July 2022.

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
I am not judging no one, i just feel sad for Canada that is bringing mass immigrants that just want go to the US in the next available flight after getting there passport literally.

Specially that express entry applicants will get 0 problem applying for a tn-status.

Anyway just praying trump next term will win, cancel this tn thing and stop this mass influx of new canadians to the US.. so they can stay here and help us build a better country that can rival the US.
Oh look who it is again, you literally come to sh!t on people trying to move south. Each of your comment literally screams sour grapes.

hallelujahbaby

Nov 14, 2022
Toronto

Don't feel sad for Canada - Immigration is a business and very good for politics, they're not bringing you here out of compassion. Think about how much money you paid in processing fees and taxes while getting this citizenship. That's an expensive piece of the document we spent thousands of dollars on. Most of us would have gone to the US in the first place if their immigration laws weren't so whacked.

Also, you can't close the borders, hoping people stay and "build" the country.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

Let's get one thing right. With no new young workers (aka immigrants), an ageing population, slow organic growth of population, more retirees than interns, the global economy being were it is, Canada would soon struggle to pay from CPP. It's Maths 101.

In addition, Immigration is really big business - not only from an application perspective but also from settlement agencies, law firms, consultants perspective. They are also growing the economy. The other big business growing by leaps and bounds is post secondary education. Hundreds of thousands of international students are coming to Canada and paying big bucks to colleges and universities - this is also growth in economy. Who do you think is being hired by those humongous Amazon warehouses?

US is 10x of Canada in population - therefore larger economy, bigger market. Rivals are amongst equals - The US will always continue to be a larger market with more opportunity, even though in some areas, we are significantly better off; so I, for one, am happy to be here.

Perhaps you have more suggestions on how closed borders will help grow the Canadian economy. Go on, I am all ears.

BTW, Tuck Frump.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Let's get one thing right. With no new young workers (aka immigrants), an ageing population, slow organic growth of population, more retirees than interns, the global economy being were it is, Canada would soon struggle to pay from CPP. It's Maths 101.

In addition, Immigration is really big business - not only from an application perspective but also from settlement agencies, law firms, consultants perspective. They are also growing the economy. The other big business growing by leaps and bounds is post secondary education. Hundreds of thousands of international students are coming to Canada and paying big bucks to colleges and universities - this is also growth in economy. Who do you think is being hired by those humongous Amazon warehouses?

US is 10x of Canada in population - therefore larger economy, bigger market. Rivals are amongst equals - The US will always continue to be a larger market with more opportunity, even though in some areas, we are significantly better off; so I, for one, am happy to be here.

Perhaps you have more suggestions on how closed borders will help grow the Canadian economy. Go on, I am all ears.

BTW, Tuck Frump.
I am a very open minded person and i respect and agree with other mind opinion when it's correct, and you're 100% correct about what you said and specially about international student.. they really bring bucks to Canada.. BUT that's not the case of express entry applicants.

Also please note that's not the case in all Canada in Quebec they are removing the fees for international student so they can become like domestic student... ( that will sooner or later after getting citizenship will want move south, so quebec is just making it easier)

Anyway regarding express entry applicants they bring nothing to Canada, when they leave after getting there passport canada LOSE a lot and that's a FACT... i've been in this forum for around 5 years and only here i noticed that around 40-50% of people once they get the passport want move south as soon as possible and apply for a tn-visa.

I don't agree with trump politics, and i really don't like him to be honest however i support a suspension of the tn-status i had high hopes that during USMCA it will be suspended but that was not the case.. When it will be suspended our express entry applicants will have no choice except staying here and help us move this country forward..

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018

BTW, Tuck Frump.
What is Tuck Frump please, is it what I'm thinking?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I am a very open minded person and i respect and agree with other mind opinion when it's correct, and you're 100% correct about what you said and specially about international student.. they really bring bucks to Canada.. BUT that's not the case of express entry applicants.

Also please note that's not the case in all Canada in Quebec they are removing the fees for international student so they can become like domestic student... ( that will sooner or later after getting citizenship will want move south, so quebec is just making it easier)

Anyway regarding express entry applicants they bring nothing to Canada, when they leave after getting there passport canada LOSE a lot and that's a FACT... i've been in this forum for around 5 years and only here i noticed that around 40-50% of people once they get the passport want move south as soon as possible and apply for a tn-visa.

I don't agree with trump politics, and i really don't like him to be honest however i support a suspension of the tn-status i had high hopes that during USMCA it will be suspended but that was not the case.. When it will be suspended our express entry applicants will have no choice except staying here and help us move this country forward..
As per settlement statistics, an overwhelming number of express entry migrants who gain citizenship, permanently settle in Canada and sponsor additional family members. They invariably bring in their entire life savings and global assets to Canada. They are also likely to be middle aged with Canadian born children, and less able to migrate down south even if they wanted to. Also as per settlement statistics, the majority of EE (FSW) migrants are likely to work in jobs below their education credentials due to lack of industry recognition for licensing etc (thus your stereotypical Asian PhD and engineer driving a taxi).

There may be a small number of relatively young and mobile IT professionals without children, who can easily find employment in the US. Put into comparison, according to a recent news report, a high proportion of newly qualified Canadian physicians and MBA's immediately leave for the US. So if native born Canadians are fleeing for sun and opportunity, so can a naturalized citizen. The difference being that the native born Canadian milked a highly subsidised education, paid for in taxes by the impoverished Asian engineer EE migrant sweeping the floor in Walmart or working in a dead end job and unable to migrate for a second time in life.

Ultimately, Immigrants are beans on the balance sheet for Canada. Overall they bring in far more than they ever take out. If a naturalized Canadian citizen wants to move, it's their choice. For Canada, they were an economic migrant and they've probably more than paid their fair share in taxes and will likely continue to be liable for some tax on global income for years to come, and they may indeed later return to Canada (bringing even more wealth back with them).

Last edited:

wink

May 25, 2021
As per settlement statistics, an overwhelming number of express entry migrants who gain citizenship, permanently settle in Canada and sponsor additional family members. They invariably bring in their entire life savings and global assets to Canada. They are also likely to be middle aged with Canadian born children, and less able to migrate down south even if they wanted to. Also as per settlement statistics, the majority of EE (FSW) migrants are likely to work in jobs below their education credentials due to lack of industry recognition for licensing etc (thus your stereotypical Asian PhD and engineer driving a taxi).

There may be a small number of relatively young and mobile IT professionals without children, who can easily find employment in the US. Put into comparison, according to a recent news report, a high proportion of newly qualified Canadian physicians and MBA's immediately leave for the US. So if native born Canadians are fleeing for sun and opportunity, so can a naturalized citizen. The difference being that the native born Canadian milked a highly subsidised education, paid for in taxes by the impoverished Asian engineer EE migrant sweeping the floor in Walmart or working in a dead end job and unable to migrate for a second time in life.

Ultimately, Immigrants are beans on the balance sheet for Canada. Overall they bring in far more than they ever take out. If a naturalized Canadian citizen wants to move, it's their choice. For Canada, they were an economic migrant and they've probably more than paid their fair share in taxes and will likely continue to be liable for some tax on global income for years to come, and they may indeed later return to Canada (bringing even more wealth back with them).
But it would be good if govt can release some statistics on this... i.e. number of people move to the south (within a few months of acquiring the passport) . And what's govt's thought on this as original intention of bringing them here was to provide opportunities to live here. Does it reflect as govt's failure to provide opportunities or something more complex than that? Just thinking loud..

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
But it would be good if govt can release some statistics on this... i.e. number of people move to the south (within a few months of acquiring the passport) . And what's govt's thought on this as original intention of bringing them here was to provide opportunities to live here. Does it reflect as govt's failure to provide opportunities or something more complex than that? Just thinking loud..
Canada wants to bring immigrants. But if they want immigrants to stay here, there needs to be more and better jobs. The opportunities are only concentrated in a few locations in this vast country. Which jacks up the cost of living even more in those locations. In addition to that the salaries don't match the cost of living. Not to mention the lack of infrastructure for the immigrants like the numerous challenges with healthcare.

People just move to greener pastures when they can i.e., moving to the US, where there are way more locations which have opportunities with milder winters. Why not? Didn't we all move from Asia/wherever we were born because Canada was "greener" than where we were at?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Immigrants are wanted to mostly fill low and semi skilled jobs, bring in foreign wealth, pay tax and generate future taxpayers (children).

Some stay and some leave but that’s quite irrelevant to Canada as Immigrants contribute more than they take out and are contributing a significant proportion of births.

In other words, it’s about quantity over quality. It’s no secret that Canadian immigration is a big scam. Big promises are made especially by agents in developing countries, but the reality is that most migrants are worse off in Canada. Even British migrants end up leaving Canada.

This scam goes way back. Colonial government Posters inviting Brits to migrate to Canada depicted green fields and sunshine. Most never knew of the harsh winters, until they actually got here- and by which time it was too late.

So migrants have never been seen as tangible cultural assets- just beans on the balance sheet, brought in big numbers, hoping that enough will stay. Most will live here, whether by choice or compulsion. And some will leave and fair play to them. As Canadian citizens, they have every right to do so on the same basis as native born citizens exercise that right. Citizens are citizens.