+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life after Citizenship

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Lol your terrible grammar doesn’t suggest you are a PhD graduate. But I get why you are angry, since the job you’ll get pays 250K in the US. Tons of people are moving to the US for way more.
Yes i am Phd Graduate who speak 5 languages, english is my 4th language, i think it's excellent for a 4th language that i rarely use in my daily life and that i really don't need except for some C++ code lol.

Because it's pretty obvious that you don't need speak english at all to live in Canada, in my city last time i heard someone speaking english was in the summer some tourists on the bus.

And this is one good reason why i enjoy living here.

Last edited:

everyonesbestfriend

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yes i am Phd Graduate who speak 5 languages, english is my 4th language, i think it's excellent for a 4th language that i rarely use in my daily life and that i really don't need except for some C++ code lol.

Because it's pretty obvious that you don't need speak english at all to live in Canada, in my city last time i heard someone speaking english was in the summer some tourists on the bus.

You sound like that typical narcissistic person who needs external validation, dude I am sorry

Reactions: becca545

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017

Aww did you have someone type that out for you or use google? You may want to improve your english if you want to work for any high paying company in Canada. Otherwise you’ll spend the rest of your life using c++ code working for a mediocre company:)

Last edited:

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
it piss him off someone loves Canada and want to stay here and not run to the US in the next flight after getting passport.
Not everyone here is a he. You are definitely not going to last in Canada with your outdated and absurd way of thinking. Those people going to the US make x3 what you would ever make in Canada. I guess they’re the ones winning lol

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
These politicians weren't "let in"; they were presumably born here. In other words, they're a product of Canada. So if they're toxic, something here makes them so. What could that be?
Your message has nothing to do with what I said. Another immigrant with terrible comprehension skills.

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
You sound like that typical narcissistic person who needs external validation, dude I am sorry
I’ve met people like them at work. They can barely speak any English, have terrible people skills but think they are better than most people because they are older and have an audio PhD. They’re in for a rude awakening

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Guys, a bit seriously, returning to the original question raised by op.

It is indeed very relevant to ask the question he asked: In the past, the last Conservative government before it was replaced by the Liberals had indeed submitted a bill where it was clearly a question of toughening the rules to apply for citizenship (4 years instead of 3 years of actual presence + more difficult questions on the test)... But, above all, they planned to oblige candidates to sign a document of intent to stay in Canada before get it... If such a law was passed (and could pass if the Tories come back), it would be dangerous and create two classes of citizens... And based on the signed document, will allow IRCC to take citizenship away from people who stay away from the country for too long... It's really scary, you have to continue to get involved in politics, and to participate when you have the right to do so: I had voted the first time in my life during of the last provincial elections in the pro vince where I reside... I intend to exercise my right in the next federal election.

Read this old article, it's not fiction:

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/immigration-changes-mean-would-be-canadians-will-have-to-wait-four-years-not-three-to-apply-for-citizenship

One of the new measures would require those seeking citizenship to sign a declaration confirming they will reside in Canada. “The purpose is really to signal that Canadian citizenship is for people who intend to live in Canada and make Canada their home,” an official told reporters at a briefing.

The bill proposes streamlining the processes for both obtaining and revoking citizenship.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Aww did you have someone type that out for you or use google? You may want to improve your english if you want to work for any high paying company in Canada. Otherwise you’ll spend the rest of your life using c++ code working for a mediocre company:)
i think you don't live in Canada to say something absurd like this, only federal jobs require bilinguism, ( which i can do and you can't it's sad)
I work for a top 10 company in my province, never needed english language, and i'm not planning to learn it because i am not planning to live in the US.
speaking it as courtesy with some tourist is ok.
Anyway i am happy in my country.. And a serious advice from me you as an immigrant don't try to say "go learn english" to 20% of native born canadians who does not speak it at all (they might be really upset) it's you who have to be bilingual, this is Canada not America.

Last edited:

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018

It is indeed very relevant to ask the question he asked: In the past, the last Conservative government before it was replaced by the Liberals had indeed submitted a bill where it was clearly a question of toughening the rules to apply for citizenship (4 years instead of 3 years of actual presence + more difficult questions on the test)... But, above all, they planned to oblige candidates to sign a document of intent to stay in Canada before get it... If such a law was passed (and could pass if the Tories come back), it would be dangerous and create two classes of citizens... And based on the signed document, will allow IRCC to take citizenship away from people who stay away from the country for too long... It's really scary, you have to continue to get involved in politics, and to participate when you have the right to do so: I had voted the first time in my life during of the last provincial elections in the pro vince where I reside... I intend to exercise my right in the next federal election.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/immigration-changes-mean-would-be-canadians-will-have-to-wait-four-years-not-three-to-apply-for-citizenship

One of the new measures would require those seeking citizenship to sign a declaration confirming they will reside in Canada. “The purpose is really to signal that Canadian citizenship is for people who intend to live in Canada and make Canada their home,” an official told reporters at a briefing.

The bill proposes streamlining the processes for both obtaining and revoking citizenship.

I don't agree with this bill, i will totally opposite tbh, you can be sick for long time abroad or you must join a family member or you must come back to your native country etc...

The only good solution is to cancel the tn-visa, and that can be done unilaterally from the US side.

If conservatives in the US win next term hopefully they will also think about it.. not only the mexican border problem because now they also have a canadian one.

Last edited:

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015

I don't recall seeing any question or declaration on intending to reside in Canada after citizenship. Is this required or something i missed?

Reactions: becca545

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022

This will only be a problem for non-citizens. If you became a citizen before the conservative government gets in, you didn't sign into this, and thus it will not affect you. Even then, during Harper's time, citizenships can only be revoked if you lied during application, or if you're a terrorist, a traitor (i.e. joining ISIS) or a spy (i.e. spying for China).

The next election is in 2025 (but it could happen earlier if NDP pulls their support for Trudeau), so I'm sure most of us will get citizenship before the current government falls.

Last edited:

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
i think you don't live in Canada to say something absurd like this, only federal jobs require bilinguism, ( which i can do and you can't it's sad)
I work for a top 10 company in my province, never needed english language, and i'm not planning to learn it because i am not planning to live in the US.
speaking it as courtesy with some tourist is ok.
Anyway i am happy in my country.. And a serious advice from me you as an immigrant don't try to say "go learn english" to 20% of native born canadians who does not speak it at all (they might be really upset) it's you who have to be bilingual, this is Canada not America.
Happy in your country and working for a “top 10 company” but still seeking PR in Canada. LOL, I’m done with you. The only place I interact with people like you is on forums like this.

Last edited:

wink

May 25, 2021
This will only be a problem for non-citizens. If you became a citizen before the conservative government gets in, you didn't sign into this, and thus it will not affect you. Even then, during Harper's time, citizenships can only be revoked if you lied during application, or if you're a terrorist, a traitor (i.e. joining ISIS) or a spy (i.e. spying for China).

The next election is in 2025 (but it could happen earlier if NDP pulls their support for Trudeau), so I'm sure most of us will get citizenship before the current government falls.
Was there an explicit line in the oath form olden days? or as an implied requirement? I see this line in the current form "fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen". I am not sure whether that can be interpreted to mean one should reside in Canada. It might sound dumb, but wondering whether there are definite list of things the phrase "fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen" referring to. Time to read the guide again :)

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Was there an explicit line in the oath form olden days? or as an implied requirement? I see this line in the current form "fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen". I am not sure whether that can be interpreted to mean one should reside in Canada. It might sound dumb, but wondering whether there are definite list of things the phrase "fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen" referring to. Time to read the guide again :)
Don't overthink it. The duties do not include living in Canada.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Your message has nothing to do with what I said. Another immigrant with terrible comprehension skills.
You quoted a post referring to white Canadians and politicians. Now, if you meant the author of the post itself, you certainly lack the necessary English skills to clearly present your answer.

I think the @admin should lock this thread as the mudslinging is bringing the forum into disrepute.

Last edited: