+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation for Refusal - Review & Thoughts

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Class 12th passed in may 2017 with physics chemistry and biology with 67% .
Training as office administration assistant in a hospital for 8 months.
IELTS score 6 with two 5.5
GIC 10k
First application -28.03.2019 offline vfs Chandigarh non sds
College of New Caledonia
Course-associate of science-biology degree.
Agent-raffles educity Chandigarh
First yr tutuion fees paid
10,12th certificate,IELTS, passport, medical upfront,,GIC,ITR of 4.5lkh documents attached.agent didn't attached a sop, saying fresh case no need.
Results-refusal
Reason -I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Second application- 3rd may online non sds George brown college,course health office administration sept 19 intake
Same documents plus training certificate,sop,self FD of 6lkh,self itr of rental income from a house gifted by grandmother with property documents and will deed for financial and ties to country.
Results -refused
Reasons- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, financial ability, missing evidence of language abilities. I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your authorized stay. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Now again guven IELTS academic on 29th june.results awaited on 12th july.in meantime applied for caips notes of first application on 7thmay and got reply on 28 June ,low academic ielts for course study and applied caips of second application on same day.

My query -if IELTS improve,n I file in Sds application,what are the chances for visa?also what all I should write in sop plus anyother documents if needed.sponsor is my parents and me.will a gap of more than 2 yrs will create problems?any views in this regard, please members help me
Thank you for detailed post, this makes answering so much easier!

Yes, the first problem is clearly IELTS, you need to have a better score. In your letter of explanation you have to highlight the fact that whatever score you have received it is acceptable at your University and that's why you are granted the admission. Attach a letter from your University that your IELTS score is satisfactory for your course.

A gap for 2 years is a problem if you don't explain what you did in 2 years. Tell them how you've been preparing for this course and how 2 years of gap is not an issue. You also need to mention in your letter of refusal that you have strong family ties, properties, etc in India and you will return India once your studies are done.

I don't have much knowledge about your course and how 2 years gap relate to it. But it can be a problem, so you have to explain to them how this course is relevant to you and how it will help you pursue your career further.

What to write in SOP - Primarily a little bit of background, why choose Canada over India, how this course is relevant, your plans after finishing the course.

What to write in Letter of Explanation for refusal - Address each and every point in your latest refusal with hardcore evidence and counter points making a strong case for yourself. Have a look at my refusal letter at the start of this thread. That's what I used to get an acceptance.

Reactions: Seema81

Allan92

Jun 20, 2019
SUBJECT: STUDY PERMIT RE-APPLICATION

Respected Authority,
My name is FRANCIS KAMAU ALLAN, a Kenyan citizen. I am currently working as a Research and Development Assistant at Rocmax investments. I have a diploma in purchasing and supplies management from The Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology completed in 2013.I have previously interned at Kenya Airports Authority in the procurement department and also at the ministry of land, I have that indicated in my resume. I applied and was accepted for a course leading to Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration at Trent University Peterborough DLI# O19395164223 which starts on 5th September 2019.
I had applied for a study permit with UCI: XXXX Application No:XXXX but refused on the following reasons;
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
2. Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

JUSTIFICATION:
(a) Personal assets and financial status
In the previous application I had not included documents of purchase of a parcel of land that is in progress as well as my personal bank statements dating back six (6) months. With this application find them attached alongside all other relevant documents.

(b) I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
My tuition fee for one (1) academic year at Trent University is 22,462.53 CAD which is Ksh1,752,114 other costs include residence room and board (Meals, shared occupancy, utilities, laundry) at 8,500 CAD, books and supplies at 1,000 CAD totaling to 31,962 CAD or Ksh 2,493,036 per academic year. All costs during my entire study period will be met by my uncle Benson Kimani Njuguna and any other incurred costs relating to my four (4) year study period. In support of that included are his personal bank statements for the last six (6) months with a balance of not less than 60,000 CAD/ Ksh 4,680,000. He is and has been my sponsor/guardian/mentor for as long as I can remember having played more of a father figure in my life having grown without a biological father therefore I can attest to having more than enough financial resources to cater for my entire study period.
Reasons to study in Canada
(a) Quality Education.
Canadian universities are internationally renowned institutes that attract top professors and offer programs tailored to a changing economy. One completes their course smarter than they were and very well prepared to launch or advance their careers.
(b) Diverse and cosmopolitan environment.
Canada is a multicultural environment both in class and society at large. This creates a great advantage for me, meaning it is easily adaptable and to make friends. By that I will learn about other perspectives to what I know and do not know. This kind of networking will enlarge my horizons in terms of approaches on business matters.
(c) Universities focus on research
As far as I know, Canadian universities programs focus a lot on research and students get to engage a lot in intriguing experiments and projects meant to provide a complete study experience based on innovation and forward thinking

As to why I chose to go for a Bachelors of Business Administration is because of the diversity and versatility associated with it, it has many iterations that focus on different aspects. I found it a perfect fit for me and my future having grown around an Uncle who has grown a company (Rocmax Investments) from scratch and one that I am an employee of also propelled me to pursue a degree in entrepreneurship out of sheer passion.

Educational goals
(a) To Demonstrate business knowledge needed to make business decisions
This will help me in the application of a core body of discipline-specific knowledge to business situations and problems.

(b) To Apply critical thinking to business problems
With the use of integrated business knowledge to identify problems, generate solutions, and develop reasoned conclusions. Understand the ethical, legal, and social responsibilities of individuals and organizations.

(c) To Apply quantitative reasoning skills to make recommendations and business decisions
This will guide in the application of quantitative analysis and interpretation to business problems, Use data to analyze business decisions and use software to analyze and implement business decisions.
(d) To apply effective business communication techniques to business situations.
These techniques will assist in effective:
-Presentation of ideas in writing.
-presentation of ideas orally
-presentation of ideas visually.
-working in teams.
(e) Global business understanding.
The course will help in recognizing implications of principal environmental differences for conducting global business and recognize cultural implications for conducting business globally.
Career GOALS
Masters in Business Administration
Upon completion of my bachelor’s degree, I plan to further my education by enrolling for an MBA course which goes a long way in furthering my career and satisfying my desire to acquire it.
Enhance my Leadership ability
I see myself in a more managerial role a few years from today with attributes such as initiative, drive, motivation and a take-charge attitude.
Rocmax Growth
Another of my goals is to help in the growth of Rocmax investments into a global business. This is as a way of sincerely giving back to my uncle who has been of great influence in my life in terms of whom I am today and who I will be in future.
After my four years at Trent University I return back here with all the knowledge, experiences to continue working at Rocmax Investments which I intend to propel its growth to international levels. This is as a gift to my Uncle, Benson who has been a major pillar in my life that I can never stress enough.
Rather the least I can give back as a way of expressing gratitude in action.

In full application I have attached all the documents necessary for your perusal .Kindly reconsider the decision and offer me the study permit to further my studies and progress my career. Your reconsideration will be highly appreciated as you grant the study permit.

Francis Kamau Allan

THERE IS MY RE-APPLICATION SOP...IS IT GOOD ENOUGH? DO I NEED TO ADD SOMETHING?

Seema81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
T
Thank you for detailed post, this makes answering so much easier!

Yes, the first problem is clearly IELTS, you need to have a better score. In your letter of explanation you have to highlight the fact that whatever score you have received it is acceptable at your University and that's why you are granted the admission. Attach a letter from your University that your IELTS score is satisfactory for your course.

A gap for 2 years is a problem if you don't explain what you did in 2 years. Tell them how you've been preparing for this course and how 2 years of gap is not an issue. You also need to mention in your letter of refusal that you have strong family ties, properties, etc in India and you will return India once your studies are done.

I don't have much knowledge about your course and how 2 years gap relate to it. But it can be a problem, so you have to explain to them how this course is relevant to you and how it will help you pursue your career further.

What to write in SOP - Primarily a little bit of background, why choose Canada over India, how this course is relevant, your plans after finishing the course.

What to write in Letter of Explanation for refusal - Address each and every point in your latest refusal with hardcore evidence and counter points making a strong case for yourself. Have a look at my refusal letter at the start of this thread. That's what I used to get an acceptance.
Thanks so much.i asked the college to issue language requirement letter,but they refused .I hope ,this time the score will improve.i need to write both sop and letter of explanation or both things in one?

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
T

Thanks so much.i asked the college to issue language requirement letter,but they refused .I hope ,this time the score will improve.i need to write both sop and letter of explanation or both things in one?
Both should be separate as they have different purpose.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
SUBJECT: STUDY PERMIT RE-APPLICATION

Respected Authority,
My name is FRANCIS KAMAU ALLAN, a Kenyan citizen. I am currently working as a Research and Development Assistant at Rocmax investments. I have a diploma in purchasing and supplies management from The Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology completed in 2013.I have previously interned at Kenya Airports Authority in the procurement department and also at the ministry of land, I have that indicated in my resume. I applied and was accepted for a course leading to Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration at Trent University Peterborough DLI# O19395164223 which starts on 5th September 2019.
I had applied for a study permit with UCI: XXXX Application No:XXXX but refused on the following reasons;
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
2. Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

JUSTIFICATION:
(a) Personal assets and financial status
In the previous application I had not included documents of purchase of a parcel of land that is in progress as well as my personal bank statements dating back six (6) months. With this application find them attached alongside all other relevant documents.

(b) I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
My tuition fee for one (1) academic year at Trent University is 22,462.53 CAD which is Ksh1,752,114 other costs include residence room and board (Meals, shared occupancy, utilities, laundry) at 8,500 CAD, books and supplies at 1,000 CAD totaling to 31,962 CAD or Ksh 2,493,036 per academic year. All costs during my entire study period will be met by my uncle Benson Kimani Njuguna and any other incurred costs relating to my four (4) year study period. In support of that included are his personal bank statements for the last six (6) months with a balance of not less than 60,000 CAD/ Ksh 4,680,000. He is and has been my sponsor/guardian/mentor for as long as I can remember having played more of a father figure in my life having grown without a biological father therefore I can attest to having more than enough financial resources to cater for my entire study period.
Reasons to study in Canada
(a) Quality Education.
Canadian universities are internationally renowned institutes that attract top professors and offer programs tailored to a changing economy. One completes their course smarter than they were and very well prepared to launch or advance their careers.
(b) Diverse and cosmopolitan environment.
Canada is a multicultural environment both in class and society at large. This creates a great advantage for me, meaning it is easily adaptable and to make friends. By that I will learn about other perspectives to what I know and do not know. This kind of networking will enlarge my horizons in terms of approaches on business matters.
(c) Universities focus on research
As far as I know, Canadian universities programs focus a lot on research and students get to engage a lot in intriguing experiments and projects meant to provide a complete study experience based on innovation and forward thinking

As to why I chose to go for a Bachelors of Business Administration is because of the diversity and versatility associated with it, it has many iterations that focus on different aspects. I found it a perfect fit for me and my future having grown around an Uncle who has grown a company (Rocmax Investments) from scratch and one that I am an employee of also propelled me to pursue a degree in entrepreneurship out of sheer passion.

Educational goals
(a) To Demonstrate business knowledge needed to make business decisions
This will help me in the application of a core body of discipline-specific knowledge to business situations and problems.

(b) To Apply critical thinking to business problems
With the use of integrated business knowledge to identify problems, generate solutions, and develop reasoned conclusions. Understand the ethical, legal, and social responsibilities of individuals and organizations.

(c) To Apply quantitative reasoning skills to make recommendations and business decisions
This will guide in the application of quantitative analysis and interpretation to business problems, Use data to analyze business decisions and use software to analyze and implement business decisions.
(d) To apply effective business communication techniques to business situations.
These techniques will assist in effective:
-Presentation of ideas in writing.
-presentation of ideas orally
-presentation of ideas visually.
-working in teams.
(e) Global business understanding.
The course will help in recognizing implications of principal environmental differences for conducting global business and recognize cultural implications for conducting business globally.
Career GOALS
Masters in Business Administration
Upon completion of my bachelor’s degree, I plan to further my education by enrolling for an MBA course which goes a long way in furthering my career and satisfying my desire to acquire it.
Enhance my Leadership ability
I see myself in a more managerial role a few years from today with attributes such as initiative, drive, motivation and a take-charge attitude.
Rocmax Growth
Another of my goals is to help in the growth of Rocmax investments into a global business. This is as a way of sincerely giving back to my uncle who has been of great influence in my life in terms of whom I am today and who I will be in future.
After my four years at Trent University I return back here with all the knowledge, experiences to continue working at Rocmax Investments which I intend to propel its growth to international levels. This is as a gift to my Uncle, Benson who has been a major pillar in my life that I can never stress enough.
Rather the least I can give back as a way of expressing gratitude in action.

In full application I have attached all the documents necessary for your perusal .Kindly reconsider the decision and offer me the study permit to further my studies and progress my career. Your reconsideration will be highly appreciated as you grant the study permit.

Francis Kamau Allan

THERE IS MY RE-APPLICATION SOP...IS IT GOOD ENOUGH? DO I NEED TO ADD SOMETHING?
For your letter of refusal you only need to address the counter points. No need for anything after that like reasons to study in Canada, career goals, etc. These things can go into SOP, but even then keep it short and to the point.

You can mention that you have a notary/affidavit signed from your uncle saying he is supporting you. You should already pay the 1st year fees and GIC if you are refused because of financial reasons.

Reactions: Foonkee

Allan92

Jun 20, 2019
For your letter of refusal you only need to address the counter points. No need for anything after that like reasons to study in Canada, career goals, etc. These things can go into SOP, but even then keep it short and to the point.

You can mention that you have a notary/affidavit signed from your uncle saying he is supporting you. You should already pay the 1st year fees and GIC if you are refused because of financial reasons.
Thank you.I appreciate the advice

Singhjeet

Oct 28, 2018
Study permit refused 2nd time due to the following reasons:

I’m not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on your:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

I’m am born and lived in Dubai for almost all my life.

Reasons for my first refusal were:

1.Purpose of Visit
2.Immigration Status in country of residence
3.employment prospects in country of residence

My profile :
B.com - 9.47 CGPA
Certified Management Accountant
Ielts - 8 bands
4 years work exp

What should be my next step? Any advice will be very helpful for me.plz

Amankaushik1322

Jan 30, 2019
You should apply for PR DIRECTLY
Study permit refused 2nd time due to the following reasons:

I’m not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on your:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

I’m am born and lived in Dubai for almost all my life.

Reasons for my first refusal were:

1.Purpose of Visit
2.Immigration Status in country of residence
3.employment prospects in country of residence

My profile :
B.com - 9.47 CGPA
Certified Management Accountant
Ielts - 8 bands
4 years work exp

What should be my next step? Any advice will be very helpful for me.plz

FREEMAN2

Mar 8, 2019
Hi,
I applied for a study permit at the Dakar-Senegal Canadian Embassy on the 12 of June 2019 and was yesterday DENIED THE VISA.
I applied from Cameroon through a Canadian Visa Application Center considering that we do not have a Canadian Embassy in Cameroon.

My file comprise the following documents;
- My Passport
- Admission letter from Bishop's University
- Study Program (MAs in Educational Administration, Societies and Languages)
- Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies
- Letter of explanation
- Academic diplomas and transcripts
- Proof of English language ability (IELTS results and attestation of proficiency in English)
- Bank statement showing availability of 19,500 CAD in my account
- A second business account from a financial institution with over 32,000 CAD *accruing from my business and rents from the commercial building
- Documents showing my current job (government technical high school teacher)
- Study leave issued and duly signed by the Ministry of secondary education
- Affidavit of accommodation issued by my sister in-law who is a Canadian citizen along side her citizenship card, birth certificate and landed documents
- A receipt of 350 CAD confirmation of admission payment from Bishop's university
- Official documents showing ownership of a business shop (worth of 35,000 CAD) and a story building comprising 4 apartments inherited from my late Dad (amounting to 2290 CAD as rents) duly certified by chartered accountant and a barrister
- Affidavit of support from my wife permitting me to travel for studies along side (her birth certificate, marriage certificate and her current pay slip showing her salary as a state employed government high school teacher)
- Pictures of my 3 kids, our wedding pictures alongside our kids, my aged mum currently living with me( all this as proof of the fact that i will return to my country upon graduation to join my family back home)
- Landed documents showing ownership of landed property
- Pictures of three text books by the applicant (source of funds)

Yet I was Denied a Study Visa for the following reasons;

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON WHAT NEXT TO DO. I intend re-applying next week.

FREEMAN2

Mar 8, 2019
My CAQ indicated the Canadian Embassy in Dakar- Senegal as the embassy where I am suppose to submit my application simply because there's no Canadian Embassy in Cameroon. Considering that this embassy doesn't have the online application option, CAN I APPLY ONLINE which will definitely be treated in France?

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
My visa also got refused stating these reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

I have 9.11 CGPA in Bachelor of Engineering in Computer. with 7 bands IELTS no less than 6. Have received admit to Waterloo M.Eng. ECE. Previously I had paid only one term fees now I have paid full year fees. Is there any other thing that I can change or update.
So I need to ask that how I can reapply for visa ?
Hi Sagar..did you get your visa in the second attempt